Does Yr 12 students entitled to have 'holiday breaks'? (1 Viewer)

Domsky

HSC
Just wondering since im in yr 12 and my coordinator said that yr 12s dont have holiday breaks because we should use it for studying...
I think this is the right thing..but I also want to have some fun during my break...
What would do in this situation???

I would study though....since my future is on the line....

deswa1

HSC
Do both. It's important to have a balance. What I do now is wake up around 7 (that's my normal time, most people wake up later), then study for a few hours. You're finished by about 10 and then you have the whole day to go out, have fun etc. Then you can do a bit more at night if you want.

jnney

lemon
HSC
I think if you're feeling stressed or tired, you probably should.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Study and have fun. Its called balance :)
This. The HSC is just one year that once you finish means pretty much nothing. Even if you intend to go onto university and do not obtain the required ATAR there are alternate pathways (such as getting into another degree and later transferring into another degree at uni where your ATAR is then irrelevant).

So be sure to have fun as well.

Source: personal experience

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Do both. It's important to have a balance. What I do now is wake up around 7 (that's my normal time, most people wake up later), then study for a few hours. You're finished by about 10 and then you have the whole day to go out, have fun etc. Then you can do a bit more at night if you want.
Pretty much this.

About 3 or 4 hours during the day is sufficient provided you work effectively. It doesn't need to all be in one block. I would certainly encourage at least splitting it into two different sessions.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You are entitled to have breaks, but you need to keep up with work as well. So perhaps you should spend a good proportion of your holidays doing work, unfortunately.

It's only for a year anyway. Short term pain, long term gain.

Domsky

HSC
Ok. Cool i will try to follow your advice you guys...thanks...that sould put my mind to rest...
Cheers!
=)

ncoul

HSC
Work a school day, 8:30-3:15 for me. Take breaks such as recess and lunch, then at 3:15, you have the whole afternoon to read, watch movies, masturbate etc.

D94

HSC
N/A
Depends on how much you understand. Honestly, you'll spend more time procrastinating/doing other things than studying, so it's better to understand things now than attempt to grasp a whole topic in the holidays.

enoilgam

HSC
Just wondering since im in yr 12 and my coordinator said that yr 12s dont have holiday breaks because we should use it for studying...
I think this is the right thing..but I also want to have some fun during my break...
What would do in this situation???

I would study though....since my future is on the line....
As previously mentioned, its important to have a balance. Having a break completely from study is a really good idea. One of the best things I did in my HSC was to take 2 weeks off after the trials - most people thought I was insane but the rest meant that I got a lot more out of myself when prepping for the final exams.

Last edited:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes. But with that type of spelling, you might need to do some English. 'Does Yr 12 students entitled to have holiday breaks?'

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes. But with that type of spelling, you might need to do some English. 'Does Yr 12 students entitled to have holiday breaks?'
Thus, a contemporary example reiterating the detrimental effects of repercussions english.

trollface.jpg

Last edited:

Jonneeh

HSC
Teachers will say always STUDY STUDY STUDY
But they know you don't, they know you'd probably burnout.
Just like they say don't leave things to the last minute. They know you do.
But atleast do something, sadly all i did was play runescape throughout the hsc.

Siddy123

HSC
yes yr 12 does entitled to have 'holiday breaks'
as mirakon and deswa1 said b4, balance ur time
study abit in the morning, enjoy your time, study abit, enjoy ur time, study abit, sleep, wake up... ( repeat process)
i think it is very important to focus most of your energy on english these holidays\

ahah just messing with you!!!!
JOKES;)

Domsky

HSC
LOL...english, yeah i know my english isn't that great but hey, shoot me for all i care as long as i get my message out there im damn happy...

Siddy123

HSC
ahahaha nah relax man:p just kiddin wid ya!
im sure all ur subjects r great!
happy holidays, balance work and fun and yo'll be alright.
all the best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)