Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

boganxcore

HSC
Pretty sure the Spanish/Portugues massacred the natives in the Americas if they didn't convert to Christianity.
pretty sure the spanish/portugese 'christians' are just as christian as catholics whose parents/grandparents are christians and thus they think of themselves as christians
ie. not at all

they just wanted $$$ and gold

also its stupid when people use that as an argument
there are plenty of athiest tyrants who have killed millions of people within the 20th C
its not like you 'humanist' athiests are any better tbh

Last edited:

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
This is opposed to the gay agenda (as an example) which stands for moral bankrupcy, the promotion of pseudo-science and outright falsehoods and the promotion and indoctrination of otherwise upstanding members of society into an indecent and unhealty lifestyle?

Christianity is not violent, it is not descriminatry, and it is just plain ignorance on your behalf to scapegoat it for the various social problems faced by Western Society.
Oh fuck off. I see NOTHING in this thread which talks about the 'homosexual agenda'. Leave that to the Homosexuality in Australia thread.

Name_Taken said:
Even so, this is a stupid example, the world of the 1600-1700's was very different to the one we live in today, one where slavery was accepted, for example and women were the property of their husbands.
Name_Taken, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the way you obviously read the bible explains a lot of your perceptions. If you look at a 'biblical' marriage the way some people view it, it is wife under the absolute authority of her husband, and him under Christ. She is his property.

If you are to read the bible literally the way you do about homosexuality, you'll see very quickly it's discriminatory to people who are non-Jewish, unsaved, of other religions, unmarried non-virgins, women, people who eat shrimp, people who don't sacrifice certain animals, people who sell stuff in their churches (hello evangelism!) etc.

If you read the bible in the spirit of John 10:10 (I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.) or John 3:17 (or God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save it) then you will abhor discrimination in all its forms.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Because the Native Americians had a pretty peaceful religion themselves ofc...

The Spanish conquered them for $. Most native deaths which occured as a result of European colonisation were because of disease and not of outright violence.

Even so, this is a stupid example, the world of the 1600-1700's was very different to the one we live in today, one where slavery was accepted, for example and women were the property of their husbands.

Much has changed. No Church would advocate forign invasion nowadays anyway, except for perhaps in the extreme circumstances where human rights are being violated, genocide etc.
Unless it's a one-sided war against Jews. Then it's ok, cos hey, they killed Christ.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Because the Native Americians had a pretty peaceful religion themselves ofc...

The Spanish conquered them for $. Most native deaths which occured as a result of European colonisation were because of disease and not of outright violence.

Much has changed. No Church would advocate forign invasion nowadays anyway, except for perhaps in the extreme circumstances where human rights are being violated, genocide etc.
Which is then or even before the events which skyline mentioned occurred.

I was just trying to imply that thinking christianity > Islam is stupid.

Name_Taken

HSC
The world then was also so much more "into" religion. Notice how as time go by religion begins to lose its hold on society, woman and homos suddenly gained more equality and recognition, slavery was abolished. i'm suggested any... correlation here... but...

i cannot finish that sentence
Christianity does not advocate sexism towards women (yes in Christian marraige, male and female serve different "roles", however the distinction is not as strict as it sounds, but regardless both are equally important).

Nor does it advocate slavery, however the Bible neither priases or condemns it (provided the slave is treated with dignity etc).

The trend you are referring to is not the lose of religion on society (there are more Christians than ever before), but the increasing resistance to moral righteousness by greater numbers of people who demand the freedom to act in ways it could be said, which are not in theirs or anyones best interest.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Christianity does not advocate sexism towards women (yes in Christian marraige, male and female serve different "roles", however the distinction is not as strict as it sounds, but regardless both are equally important).

Nor does it advocate slavery, however the Bible neither priases or condemns it (provided the slave is treated with dignity etc).

The trend you are referring to is not the lose of religion on society (there are more Christians than ever before), but the increasing resistance to moral righteousness by greater numbers of people who demand the freedom to act in ways it could be said, which are not in theirs or anyones best interest.
marry me

zaxmacks

HSC

Paul commands that women shouldn't preach to men. Doesn't that seem sexist?

Titburger

HSC
Freedom is bad?? Yay for submission without questioning the world around us!

Name_Taken

HSC

NewiJapper

HSC
Name_Taken said:
It was only through the Church encouraging the investigation of the world God made for us that modern science was founded.
Yet the church denies sceince and its factuous nature about how the world was created. Why create your arch-nemisis. That just seems stupid lol.

blackman217

HSC
Yet the church denies sceince and its factuous nature about how the world was created. Why create your arch-nemisis. That just seems stupid lol.
but... Christians are not the only people who believe in God - other religions are for science AND philosophy.....so............

blackman217

HSC
ive got a question about christianity/monotheistic gods. Ive never really understood this, im sure christians must have some sort of answer for it since it seems like such an obvious problem.

Firstly, God is omniscient. He knows everything, he is outside of time. he knows the past and the future.

Secondly, I have free choice to accept god or not. My future is not pre-determined, I can make my own decisions.

But how can I have a free choice if god already knows what Im going to do? God knows the future, he surely must know what I am going to do and if he does then I wouldnt have free choice. If he doesnt know what Im going to do, then he isnt much of a god.
clearly you do not know what your talking about- you THINK you have free choice but your future is determined.... how do you know, that he didn't know, that you were going to ask a retarded question like this........its because he does

Titburger

HSC
It was only through the Church encouraging the investigation of the world God made for us that modern science was founded.
Galileo Galilei - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Galileo was found "vehemently suspect of heresy," namely of having held the opinions that the Sun lies motionless at the centre of the universe, that the Earth is not at its centre and moves, and that one may hold and defend an opinion as probable after it has been declared contrary to Holy Scripture. He was required to those opinions.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei#cite_note-99
  • He was ordered imprisoned; the sentence was later commuted to house arrest.
  • His offending Dialogue was banned; and in an action not announced at the trial, publication of any of his works was forbidden, including any he might write in the future.

Name_Taken

HSC
Just a question Name_Taken, but are you a creationist?
Well every Christian believes in creationism (as in God created everything etc.), if you think about it, there is just disagreement on how he went about doing this, and whether Genesis is meant to be taken literaly or not...

What do you mean exactly by the question, like young Earth creationsist or w/e?

Name_Taken

HSC
clearly you do not know what your talking about- you THINK you have free choice but your future is determined.... how do you know, that he didn't know, that you were going to ask a retarded question like this........its because he does
No... you do have free will in every sense of the word(s).

God exists outside of time however. Its not that he knows what you're going to do before you do it, but he exists in the past, present and future (as we experience it) simultaneously. Not only is he everywhere at once, he is at everytime as once (if you get what I mean).

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Just becuase a religion is incorrect, it does not take away from God existing.

This thread is not about religion it is about God. There are interpretations of God that do not involve religion such as a Spinozan God or a Aristotlien God.

Dissproving Christianity also does not immediately lead to a disproof a Biblical God as well.

Titburger

HSC
Well every Christian believes in creationism (as in God created everything etc.), if you think about it, there is just disagreement on how he went about doing this, and whether Genesis is meant to be taken literaly or not...

What do you mean exactly by the question, like young Earth creationsist or w/e?
In the literal Genesis sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)