Do you write notes? (poll included) (1 Viewer)

Do you write notes as part of your study routine?

• Total voters

Tistime345

HSC
Hey guys i know its not the right place but i did chemistry, physics, economics 1st place last year + second in maths ext 1+2 last year; just PM me at leymantis_395@hotmail.com for any questiosn you have. any q's are welcome for any topics listed, economics answers are not top of the range though cause i basically forgot that straightaway after the HSC exam for it, lol it was wierd, dw you'll get it next year.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
omgd. said:
I make notes for all my subs
mainly because i cant study off other peoples notes, but also because re writing the notes implants concepts into ur mind. :)
Totally the same for me. I learn if I read something, then write it out then do a few questions relating to it.
I can't just read other's notes and remember it.

Last edited:

BOSSSSS

HSC
Yes but I also look at other people's notes to compare and scab from past HSC students.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
made own for english
used other peoples' for everything else :D

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Made no notes whatsoever
I just go over everything in my book

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
do you mean notes you write in class, or refined notes that you write at home from a combination of notes in class, textbook, others notes etc

independantz

HSC
-may-cat- said:
do you mean notes you write in class, or refined notes that you write at home from a combination of notes in class, textbook, others notes etc
Most probably the latter.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
BOSSSSS said:
Yes but I also look at other people's notes to compare and scab from past HSC students.
im kind of happy that we are starting a new english concept, means not as many people can scab notes from previous years.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
gibbo153 said:
im kind of happy that we are starting a new english concept, means not as many people can scab notes from previous years.
I have to agree with you fully there. However all my other texts have been studied except Frankenstein.
I get so annoyed when I see people cheating or using others notes the HSC while others put in the hard work.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Sarah182 said:
I have to agree with you fully there. However all my other texts have been studied except Frankenstein.
I get so annoyed when I see people cheating or using others notes the HSC while others put in the hard work.
you see using others notes to study as cheating?

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
-may-cat- said:
you see using others notes to study as cheating?
Nope, I do use other people's study notes as a source as well.

However I see students using peoples essays and assessments from the past as cheating, you will be suprised how easily some people get away with that.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Option 1. I make notes for Japanese, Economics, English and Physics. Never maths though.

I've made notes to study ever since year 7, so I won't stop now. I honestly never use other people's notes for the reasons that I don't learn that way and I don't understand their notes. I also become quite stingy when it comes to giving notes away for subjects such as Economics.
Really, I find that it helps me learn because I know how I should structure my notes and what information other people are including - I only found that out this term :p

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Sarah182 said:
Nope, I do use other people's study notes as a source as well.

However I see students using peoples essays and assessments from the past as cheating, you will be suprised how easily some people get away with that.
Not surprised, everyone does it. Though often people do get caught out. My Ancient History teacher was telling me about an essay people were copying off the internet a few years back, it talked about a made up war in a country that does not and never did exist. Come HSC marking time, loads of people had talked about this made up war in their essay. Retards.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
-may-cat- said:
Not surprised, everyone does it. Though often people do get caught out. My Ancient History teacher was telling me about an essay people were copying off the internet a few years back, it talked about a made up war in a country that does not and never did exist. Come HSC marking time, loads of people had talked about this made up war in their essay. Retards.
Haha serves them right!
I have found that when people cheat it usually all balances out at the end, they get what they deserve. whether its a bad mark in an exam or something because everything leading up to it hadn't been their own work or they get found out.

Liquid Buzz

HSC
I make study notes for all my classes except maths.
I don't really like using other peoples notes, they don't make as much sense to me as my own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)