• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you write notes? (poll included) (1 Viewer)

Do you write notes as part of your study routine?

• Total voters

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
I type it because it's neater and quicker, but I don't think it does in as well...

Also, is it necessary to use the textbook for notes? I'm doing chemistry right now and I'm using my school notes and CSU notes. Would that be enough?

paperplanes

HSC
ahhliss said:
I type it because it's neater and quicker, but I don't think it does in as well...

Also, is it necessary to use the textbook for notes? I'm doing chemistry right now and I'm using my school notes and CSU notes. Would that be enough?
If the school notes and CSU notes cover each point of the syllabus, then it should be fine.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Using textbook is recommended as it delves more into the syllabus notes.

I personally find the class notes are quite insufficient but that's just my class. It really depends but it is always to use a variety of sources.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
I write notes but not often like a week before the test which is quite pointless but yeahh..what really helps tho is at tuition where I actually hand-write a set of notes from dictation which im pretty much reading all the time and using to answer questions. Quite effective actually. Will be writing complete notes these hols tho =P

thommy

HSC
N/A
Yes and no. I made notes for Topic 1 of each subject, but after that just couldn't be bothered. Whenever the teacher made us summarise, I just read the textbook and/or study guide. Lazy I know, but it was safer IMO.

danq

HSC
You need to be pretty tactical in the way you choose your subjects. A combination of things you like or are good at.
My sister just finished and did 3 major work subjects. Of course people tried to warn her against this but in truth she was best suited to study/working alone. She also did a few of the 'weaker' subjects. Again some conventional wisdom warned her against this ...scaling etc. In the event she took 7 individual subjects........
Adv Eng; Ex 1 Eng; Ex 2 Eng; Beginners Spanish; Anc History; History Ex and Visual Arts..........scored Band 6 in all of them and made the All Rounders list. She found a way of coping with HSC that worked for her.

jacq093

HSC
Ahh yes, i write notes for all my subjects. well that is, apart from all my english units. For those well, major work doesn't count and for Ext I and advanced, i just write practice essays,etc. But my notes, aren't really 'notes' that i read over. They're simply large bunches of paper that i spend time putting together after going through textbooks etc, which take me AGES to write. But 'writing the notes' is in itself (for me), my study.:spin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)