• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you write notes? (poll included) (2 Viewers)

Do you write notes as part of your study routine?

• Total voters

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Do you write notes as part of your study routine? (except for certain subject - please specify what that is)

Edit:

Poll is included by WW.

Last edited:

Wheelbarrows

Banned
HSC
i've never written my own notes. ever.

number 4 for me please.

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
well in class we take notes, make notes and given notes.
outside of class i use notes from BOS and sometimes write my own for revision purposes.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
4. Find writing notes is generally a waste of time

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
Poll added.

If in future you don't get a poll added in time it is best to just delete the thread and create a new one. Alternatively you need to post in the Contact Moderators forum requesting a super mod adds the poll, including a link to the thread (and poll options) rather than just asking in the thread. The smods don't read every thread and it could quite easily get missed. :)
Thank you very much!

I didn't know there was a way to delete the thread. I am sorry for that. And yeah, I willl post in the "Contact Moderators" forum next time if I witness such a problem.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
I promised myself that when the HSC course starts I'll start writing notes from class and from my textbook but I still haven't started D: I'm hoping I'll do it in the holidays so I won't die before the HSC...

For Preliminary I wrote notes right before the exam which sucked because I had to do it in big blocks.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
I make notes for all my subs
mainly because i cant study off other peoples notes, but also because re writing the notes implants concepts into ur mind. :)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
ahhliss said:
I promised myself that when the HSC course starts I'll start writing notes from class and from my textbook but I still haven't started D: I'm hoping I'll do it in the holidays so I won't die before the HSC...

For Preliminary I wrote notes right before the exam which sucked because I had to do it in big blocks.
step one to improving notes.
don't spend time creating christmas trees out of words.

it was a good effort though.
getting in the spirit of things =]

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I make small notes on post-it notes and stick them all over my desk and computer. Especially for English with important quotes, and Ancient and Modern for important dates and events and people. They're all highlighted in different colours depending on the subject/topic too. That way there are always notes around even when I don't feel like writing any. Maths I don't even bother because I do general and they give you a formule sheet in tests anyway.
I read over the stuff we do in class too. A few weeks before an exam I generally write what I need to know in bullet form on sheets of paper and highlight important words and phrases (this usually only works for my history subjects though).
I don't like using other people's notes. I prefer to just use mine because I know what I've written. I can't be bothered trying to understand other people's notes.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
i make my own notes for every subject, inc maths.
other pplz notes might be useful but i dont gain any concepts from them, i prefer my own, hand written notes
however i do agree on getting ideas from other pplz notes, but not concepts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)