Do you lose marks for having 2 related texts? (1 Viewer)

aeiss

HSC
Re: Called up Board of Studies regarding 2 related texts

THIS IS

UNFAIR

IF YOU CANT READ THE FRIGGIN QUESTION YOU SHOULD NOT BE ENTITLED TO THE POSSIBILITY BETTER MARKS

"POSITIVE MARKING"

THIS IS A FLAPPING DISGRACE, A FLAMING PILE OF BULLTURDS.

tl;dr if you can't read its your own fucking fault stop whinging, the people who can read should not be disadvantaged because of "consideration" for the people who "prepared" beforehand and in a moment of arrogance declined to read the question properly.

flap off.

chantszhin

HSC

Im pretty sure most of the people wrote two because they misread the question..and not purposely wrote two because it said one..- -'' (why didn't they write 3 related texts then?, i wonder if anyone did actually...? haha) Well people that wrote one can easily bag out people that wrote two, good on ya. I wrote two haha. Oh well

bmn

HSC

Im pretty sure most of the people wrote two because they misread the question..and not purposely wrote two because it said one..- -'' (why didn't they write 3 related texts then?, i wonder if anyone did actually...? haha) Well people that wrote one can easily bag out people that wrote two, good on ya. I wrote two haha. Oh well
Actually, I think a fair few would of done 2 because they simply didn't have enough information on 1... Luckily I had enough.

rachel2219

HSC
I read the question but I still did two related texts anyway but I didnt both in great detail because I figured that 'just in case' one is poorer then the other, I could hope that they'd mark the better one. But now I realise how it could be considered as 'not reading the question' or answering the question. Nevertheless if a band five mark is the highest band i'll be able to get i'd still be happy so oh well.

tonyharrison

HSC
i did the same thing. i admit, i didn't read the question properly. but i don't think people who wrote more than one text will get better marked. they will read your prescribed text and related text and if you have sufficient info on your prescribed text then they will count it with ONE related text. seriously, the question said one, so they will only count one. This may benefit or hinder the overall response. but fuck who cares ay we'll never know
Yes i completely agree. As long as what what you said in your second related text doesn't contradict and completely fuck up your whole essay, they'll disregard it entirely and only count the stuff you wrote for the first.

Of course you lose marks on the basis that you could've spent that extra time lengthening your core and other related but you won't directly lose marks for the sole reason of using two.

It's the same for all other subjects, if you answer the question correctly and write more than is needed, they disregard it and you get the marks unless the extra stuff you wrote contradicts it.

rachel2219

HSC
Also if the Markers haven't been "briefed" yet how do any of us know how they will mark? This was obviously a first that alot of people were not expecting and therefore answered the question with 2 related texts out of habit. I do see how the extra text could be considered 'waffle' though but I didn't think the Markers took marks I though it was the whole positive marking scheme or whatever?

La Bomba

HSC
no they take marks because yu didnt effectively answer the question. u effectively talked about what the question didnt ask. board of studies would of asked for one text to see hoo could actualy read it and answer it. not just say sum pre prepared essay.

tonyharrison

HSC
no they take marks because yu didnt effectively answer the question. u effectively talked about what the question didnt ask. board of studies would of asked for one text to see hoo could actualy read it and answer it. not just say sum pre prepared essay.
*rolls eyes*
As 1000 people have previously said, just because you didn't read the question, it doesn't mean you had a pre-prepared essay!

Heaps of people who had pre-prepared essays read the question and just took out the paragraph/s about the other related text.

Heaps of people who had points, quotes, ideas etc. to meld around the question failed to read it and wrote about two related texts.

The question didn't judge who had a pre-prepared answer or not, it judged those who took the time to read the question properly.

...not that hard to understand.

rachel2219

HSC

I dissagree with this because I really don't think they'll 'take marks' as such. It is still technically talking about what the question DID in fact ask, just with an extra text. It is not as if people answered the question completely wrong, just added a 2nd text in out of habit. I also dont think that IF it is decided that the essays will just be marked in accordance with the normal procedure, that people that wrote one essay will be at a disadvantage as they would obviously have more detail. I wonder if that when they decide, they will just exlcude the second text or if they will choose the better one?

nosh22

HSC

It's funny.
It was an english paper, and people failed to read.
I demand penalties!!

La Bomba

HSC
geezzz let me explainn. a band 6 essay is clear, concise and communicates ideas effectively to the needs of the question. now i want you to please explain, how talking about two texts when it asked for one, is clear and concise???????????? no its not, its waffle, and not directed to the question.

tonyharrison

HSC
I dissagree with this because I really don't think they'll 'take marks' as such. It is still technically talking about what the question DID in fact ask, just with an extra text. It is not as if people answered the question completely wrong, just added a 2nd text in out of habit. I also dont think that IF it is decided that the essays will just be marked in accordance with the normal procedure, that people that wrote one essay will be at a disadvantage as they would obviously have more detail. I wonder if that when they decide, they will just exlcude the second text or if they will choose the better one?
They won't choose the better one cause that's just unfair.

The people who wrote two therefore have two chances at writing one that best fulfills the requirements.

They will choose the first one you write about.

La Bomba

HSC
sometimes i feel like i talk to a brick wall. once you get your marks back yu can all realise the two texts wont get u band 6 and then yu will think omg la bomba was right. cant believe this.

La Bomba

HSC
band 6 is clear concise and to the needs of the question, using two texts effectively ruins your chances of that. case closed.

jessicascragg

HSC
They do pick the better one because you are considered to have already limited yourself by writing two

rachel2219

HSC
geezzz let me explainn. a band 6 essay is clear, concise and communicates ideas effectively to the needs of the question. now i want you to please explain, how talking about two texts when it asked for one, is clear and concise???????????? no its not, its waffle, and not directed to the question.
If you took the time to read my previous posts you will see that I did infact say how I understood how it could be considered waffle. It seems that you are not understanding what i am saying.

Wincannon

HSC

Hehe, I don't think the people that wrote about two should worry as much as they are. I mean seriously, at least you wrote a full essay. I have horrible time management and just managed an introduction :sun:

sillyboy

HSC
hey u fuckers who cant read shudnt get no fucking brownie points or shit
you should get penalised for not being able the read the question

...only in fucking english can you sluts get away with answering your own question, if this was maths you dont get no brownie points for stating extra theorems, you get it wrong

end of story

tonyharrison

HSC
I'm agreeing with your 'ban 6 requirements', and in that aspect, an essay that used two related text does not communicate the idea effectively.

But any other essay that used one related text that didn't communicate the idea effectively will also not get a ban 6.

Getting lower marks is not a direct result of using two related texts, its the result of not communicating your idea effectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)