Digital or Analogue watches for HSC examinations (1 Viewer)

karenpvs

HSC
Hey guys, I was just wondering what HSC examiners permit in terms of time devices. During trials, I brought in a stop watch and was told to bring a hand watch for the external exams, however she didn't specify analogue or digital. A friend called the official BOS to confirm and got told to ask our school, but at the end of the day, the regulators are independent from the school.
In terms of english, time management is key, so any help regarding this would be great, also my last name starts with Z, so I'm highly likely to be sitting in the back, even more of a reason why I need a watch.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Karen :spin:

enoilgam

HSC
Hey guys, I was just wondering what HSC examiners permit in terms of time devices. During trials, I brought in a stop watch and was told to bring a hand watch for the external exams, however she didn't specify analogue or digital. A friend called the official BOS to confirm and got told to ask our school, but at the end of the day, the regulators are independent from the school.
In terms of english, time management is key, so any help regarding this would be great, also my last name starts with Z, so I'm highly likely to be sitting in the back, even more of a reason why I need a watch.

Take an analogue watch in I reckon - much less risk that it will be confiscated. Besides, even if you are up the back there should be quite a few clocks around.

teeah

HSC

Both my friend and I had digital watches for trials and she was asked to put hers away but I wasn't - her watch had more functions [date/temp/random things] and mine was just really simple. So I think as long as it's just a super plain, not fancy at all digital watch, you should be fun.

Though as enoilgam said, take an analogue watch, just to be on the safe side. Even though they're annoying in exams lol. :)

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
our school has two projectors with a huge digital and analogue watch on them :D I personally don't see why digital watches wouldn't be allowed though, what is unfair about them?

shongaponga

HSC
Take both. If they tell you to put the digital one away, pull out your analogue.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
If you take in a digital watch, make sure you turn off any sounds it might make (alarm, beeping on the hour etc.) because that'll get you kicked out.

ozziegal

HSC

RishBonjour

HSC
lol... I took a stopwatch from the science department. Most useful thing in eco and english exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)