Delta vs guy - Who is YOUR Australian Idol?? (1 Viewer)

Delta or Guy - Who is YOUR Australian Idol?

• Delta

Votes: 90 76.3%
  • Guy

Votes: 28 23.7%

• Total voters

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i was watching the dvd - she is brilliant live. at least she isn't manufactured as in she has some musical ability, can play and sing, and is devoted to her fans. and her music is good, it's not trashy

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol he's not bad. i think the john mayer fans will appreciate that more though

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i was hoping that if delta started acting again, she would be in a serious movie or at least not in a childrens book (turned into movie)! sick of seeing her in "non-serious" stuff like neighbours and crap...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i agree, but could she make it on serious stuff? i like her as a singer

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
guy was just on rove

does anyone agree he admitted kelly an dwill were snobs? he looked straight to the camera and said "they were the loveliest people i have ever met"

and he left instead of getting a pic with the beckhams. (because vic was miming, how ironic, it was a talent show) how can he not be your idol?!

SydneySwan

woohoo!
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ND
Meh so what if she didn't write all her songs ... The majority of bands don't have a single songwriter; they collaborate.

edit: and i don't know if she played the piano on the album, but what matters is that she can play everything perfectly live...
Firstly, I agree with you that it doesn't matter if you don't write your owns songs. However, the fact that she claimed they WERE her own songs was pathetic - taking credit where credit was not due.

Secondly, I know it's all based on our opinion but for me, Delta isn't that good live...especially after watching her performances on 'V' and 'The Micallef Show' or whatever it was called.

ND

HSC
Originally posted by SydneySwan
Firstly, I agree with you that it doesn't matter if you don't write your owns songs. However, the fact that she claimed they WERE her own songs was pathetic - taking credit where credit was not due.
When did she claim that they were her own? As iambored said earlier, she even thanked the writers for it during her [v] concert.

Secondly, I know it's all based on our opinion but for me, Delta isn't that good live...especially after watching her performances on 'V' and 'The Micallef Show' or whatever it was called.
I have alot of live bootlegs of amazingly good musicians, and let me say that IMO Delta was very good live... Sure she missed maybe 2 notes (notibly that high note in "born to try"), but all round her performance was solid. I mean, i've seen John Petrucci (a guitar virtuoso) go out of time in a song, but that doesn't make him any less good live.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i remember when she hit a wrong note on the piano on rove and it was really obvious and she just grinned.hahaha she's the best!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by ND
Sure she missed maybe 2 notes (notibly that high note in "born to try"),
HAHAHA that was SO funny! i normally wouldn't laugh, but the fact that she took it so well, and that she had a funny look on her face and almost laughed herself makes me want to crack up.

Originally posted by Sarah168
i remember when she hit a wrong note on the piano on rove and it was really obvious and she just grinned.hahaha she's the best!
yeah she takes it well

but at least she sings live!!! missed notes mean nothing. it's the chickens who don't sing live that piss me off.

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
If you want a brilliant live singer, check out Josh Groban.

He sang at the Super Bowl - he was flawless.

As for Delta and Guy, they are both completely different musicians. I like them both.

For those saying they "hate Guy" - do you even know him? Do you even know what a lovely person he is?

SydneySwan

woohoo!
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ND
When did she claim that they were her own? As iambored said earlier, she even thanked the writers for it during her [v] concert.

I have alot of live bootlegs of amazingly good musicians, and let me say that IMO Delta was very good live... Sure she missed maybe 2 notes (notibly that high note in "born to try"), but all round her performance was solid. I mean, i've seen John Petrucci (a guitar virtuoso) go out of time in a song, but that doesn't make him any less good live.
If you actually pay attention during all the publicity and marketing schemes used to sell her CD, you would realise she actually does claim them to be her own.

And about her live performances, again, it was my opinion. I like artists such as Norah Jones and John Mayer and you don't usually find professional musicians to make mistakes like that. Again, my opinion.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Darth Figgy
For those saying they "hate Guy" - do you even know him? Do you even know what a lovely person he is?
.... do you know him??

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by Darth Figgy
If you want a brilliant live singer, check out Josh Groban.

He sang at the Super Bowl - he was flawless.

As for Delta and Guy, they are both completely different musicians. I like them both.

Josh Groban is beautiful. :)

I just have a thing for baritones...it's...terrible...

As for Delta vs. Guy - it's about image more than anything else. Even though you're all saying you like them based on talent, song writing ability, etc., I think it's less about that and more about how they come across image-wise. The type of person who 'likes' Delta will be into sweet pretty little girls with sweet voices singing about the emotional ups and downs of being a teenager.

Two words: publicity team. Does anyone remember when Delta came out a few years ago? Her 'debut' single and album disguises the fact that she released a single ages ago, which was a flop. This is not to say she wasn't 'talented' then, but she just hadn't adopted an image which the public was ready to accept and preen over.

I personally think Guy would be better as a backup singer - his voice is more suited to that sort of stuff.

So as for who is the 'better' singer, it is subjective. They both serve a purpose. I vote Josh Groban, John Mayer and Amy Lee.

ND

HSC
Originally posted by Weisy
The type of person who 'likes' Delta will be into sweet pretty little girls with sweet voices singing about the emotional ups and downs of being a teenager.
That sooooo isn't me.

I'm with you on Amy Lee (not that she is better, but that she is really good), and Sarah Brightman also has to be mentioned in any thread about singing.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i remember that old delta song "i don't care". i didnt like it but the fact that i had heard of her before made my ears prick up when she "debuted" with "born to try"...but even if i hadnt heard of her before, it would still be hard to be living in australia now and not hear of her! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)