• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Delta vs guy - Who is YOUR Australian Idol?? (1 Viewer)

Delta or Guy - Who is YOUR Australian Idol?

• Delta

Votes: 90 76.3%
  • Guy

Votes: 28 23.7%

• Total voters

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Phanatical said:
I think anybody who likes either Delta or Guy is full of rubbish. Composers my ass - I'd love to see them actually do their own instrumentations. Hell, neither probably have heard of four part harmony, much less writing for 20-30 instruments at a time.

Most of what Delta and Guy produce is formulaic rubbish. There are computer programs which can create chord progressions like Delta and Guy. That's not composition. They're not composers. Hell, they probably don't even come up with the melody, much less writing the dots on the page.

And neither can sing. Delta sounds worse than my 10 year old students. And can Guy sebastian even hit a note? He'll hit the other 11 notes in the octave before he hits the right one - every single time. I'd like to see either of them just sing a solitary note, and hold it. They'd never be able to do it, Guy would sing a fucking arpeggio before he'd hit the note, and Delta would waver a major third above And a major third below.
i really do hate u

HSC
Sarah168 said:
im a big fan of delta and although i also think that she would have won oz idol hands down if she had auditioned, i wouldnt want to see her image cheapened by the tacky antics and cliches associated with "idol"

that will most likely change in the years to come

'oh no your careers falling, no one finds you interesting anymore' *delta goes to supre* "hi i'd like a real short skirt for my comeback video"

alien

HSC
Phanatical said:
Most of what Delta and Guy produce is formulaic rubbish. There are computer programs which can create chord progressions like Delta and Guy. That's not composition. They're not composers. Hell, they probably don't even come up with the melody, much less writing the dots on the page.
go you.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
that will most likely change in the years to come

'oh no your careers falling, no one finds you interesting anymore' *delta goes to supre* "hi i'd like a real short skirt for my comeback video"
Yeah, well, I enjoy her music now and that's all that matters. I realise it's not earth shattering/groundbreaking stuff that will remain classics for decades but I also listen to alot of old music and things that purists would deem appropriate. I dont care if she wants to slut herself up with supre in the future. One, I don't think she will go down that path (im not going to sit here and explain that to you because it's useless for both of us). And two, that's the future. As long as she doesnt show any hint of heading down that path, Im gonna enjoy her music and live performances for what it is. Ill listen to whatever I like now, and just because I like her music now, it doesnt mean im confessing undying devotion to her and her music forever.

Amryllis

HSC
Sarah168 said:
Yeah, well, I enjoy her music now and that's all that matters. I realise it's not earth shattering/groundbreaking stuff that will remain classics for decades but I also listen to alot of old music and things that purists would deem appropriate. I dont care if she wants to slut herself up with supre in the future. One, I don't think she will go down that path (im not going to sit here and explain that to you because it's useless for both of us). And two, that's the future. As long as she doesnt show any hint of heading down that path, Im gonna enjoy her music and live performances for what it is. Ill listen to whatever I like now, and just because I like her music now, it doesnt mean im confessing undying devotion to her and her music forever.
I like Delta. I think she's an amazing person and a wonderful musician. I reckon her 2nd album is better than her 1st. It totally reflects what she's been going through since "Innocent Eyes" album, and the lyrics are beautiful.

I'm glad she's not heading down the path that so many female artists have taken - become somewhat of a sex-symbol (or trying to be). I like her the way she is now.

Phanatical said:
I think anybody who likes either Delta or Guy is full of rubbish. Composers my ass - I'd love to see them actually do their own instrumentations. Hell, neither probably have heard of four part harmony, much less writing for 20-30 instruments at a time.
Do they actually call themselves "composers"? I thought it was more like song-writers, in which case, it's more like lyricists rather than just writing the instrumentation. Although I'm sure they have a say in the instrumentations.

Why would they need to write for 20-30 instruments at a time?

Do you also hate other artists that don't actually do their own instrumentations? Or is your hatred just aimed at Delta and Guy?

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's not very nice of you to attack people who do like artists that you hate.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Annegelic said:
Guy didn't need to get cancer and gain sympathy success.. he was successful all on him own.
Houston, we have a moron.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Amryllis said:
I like Delta. I think she's an amazing person and a wonderful musician. I reckon her 2nd album is better than her 1st. It totally reflects what she's been going through since "Innocent Eyes" album, and the lyrics are beautiful.

I'm glad she's not heading down the path that so many female artists have taken - become somewhat of a sex-symbol (or trying to be). I like her the way she is now.
Oh, come on. She's a slut And a whore. That's the reason she became successful in the first place. Her one talent has always been sticking her chest out, because she can't sing, and she can't play.

I wonder what would happen if the Autotune function was never invented.

Amryllis said:
Do they actually call themselves "composers"? I thought it was more like song-writers, in which case, it's more like lyricists rather than just writing the instrumentation. Although I'm sure they have a say in the instrumentations.
They refer to themselves as composers, which is disgusting and quite frankly insulting to real composers (such as myself, who spent years honing our craft).

Amryllis said:
Why would they need to write for 20-30 instruments at a time?
Because that's what real composers do. Real composers have the ability to hear 20 or 30 individual parts in their heads, and put them together.

Amryllis said:
Do you also hate other artists that don't actually do their own instrumentations? Or is your hatred just aimed at Delta and Guy?
Both suck. Delta is a whore, and Guy has bad hair and can't sing in tune if his life depended on it. He will hit every single note in the bloody octave Except for the one he's supposed to hit.

Vocal Acrobatics = Not Good. Performers who resort to vocal acrobatics shouldn't be performers.

Amryllis said:
You're entitled to your opinion, but it's not very nice of you to attack people who do like artists that you hate.
They're not artists. If you want to see real artists, visit www.secsmusic.org.

artfag

Banned
HSC
stop being bitter just because you'll never get a record deal

Amryllis

HSC
Fair enough. I guess they're not up to your standards of being true composers. But I still think that calling Delta a slut/whore is being way too harsh. If Delta is a slut (which I don't agree with), what does that make Britney, Kylie and some other female artists? They are by far much worse.

As for Guy, I do agree that he does way too much vocal acrobatics. Apart from his first single, I haven't liked any of his songs.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I went to drama school with the slut-whore. Whatever I've said about her doesn't even begin to describe how crap she is.

artfag

Banned
HSC
oh i see why he's bitter now

[Picture]
Waiting for copyright permission

Last edited by a moderator:

artfag

Banned
HSC
this is silly

they're both musicians. not very good ones, but musicians nonetheless.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
yep, i agree with artfag. it dosent really matter who is better than the other, they are both doing the same thing - a job for a living, no matter how good or crap they are. it shouldnt be overrated, they just bring music, if you like it listen to it, if you dont like something just turn it off.

Amryllis

HSC
sparkl3z said:
yep, i agree with artfag. it dosent really matter who is better than the other, they are both doing the same thing - a job for a living, no matter how good or crap they are. it shouldnt be overrated, they just bring music, if you like it listen to it, if you dont like something just turn it off.
Agreed.

And I happen to like Delta. :) I don't care what anyone says about her.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
That photograph has a very clear copyright - both The Quah Report and the SECS website, which both have my photo on them, have very clear Site Disclaimers stating that "Except for accessing information on this website via a web browser, you may not reproduce, copy, adapt, link to, show in a public forum, distribute or transmit any of the material contained in this site without prior permission." I happen to know that you don't have permission from the site owners (the Sydney Eclectic Composers Society), nor from the Copyright owner (myself).

By the way, looks don't matter in music. Musical talent is not measured by how you look, but by your commitment to the study of music, and your technical ability in conveying the message that the Composer intended. We may not be as attractive as some "popular" musicians - but we actually Have musical talent.

Last edited:

artfag

Banned
HSC
i'm leeching your bandwidth too, sue me over the internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)