• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Delta vs guy - Who is YOUR Australian Idol?? (2 Viewers)

Delta or Guy - Who is YOUR Australian Idol?

• Delta

Votes: 90 76.3%
  • Guy

Votes: 28 23.7%

• Total voters
HSC
Guy has an annoying nasal sound, and his songs are crap. Not like anyone cares anymore, he's fading away into oblivion.

Delta thinks she's the next big thing with her underwear and movies and etc, but she's pretty untalented... Anyone who saw her at the Logies last year would agree that her 'live' singing is absolute crap. She played two and a half notes on the piano and proceeded to sing off-key off-time.

The whole Idol thing is overrated... I can barely remember who won this year.

Joss Stone and Serj Tankian for best musical couple!!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
The Logies was really a one off bad performance (bar the 2004 ARIAS I guess...). Im not making up excuses. Delta really does have a strong and beautiful live voice... As someone said in this thread, her performance at the Channel V free concert is a true testament to that. No one is 100% but I don't think it's fair at all to say that she has an awful live voice.

Edit: It's also unfair to judge her piano playing by saying she played two notes and hopped off to proceed to sing terribly. You only need to see the right live clips and studio visual recordings to see how well she really does play the piano. Not just with technical accuracy but feeling. Of course, if you absolutely LOATHE Delta and her music, I dont expect you to agree with the thing about "playing with feeling", but you can't deny the technical side of things. (If you see the right performances, snippets and live clips)

When I say "see the right performances", you might think "Oh? The right ones? So she only gets it right, sometimes? That's pretty bad musicianship". She gets it right 95% of the time. It's just that people who dislike Delta choose to nit pick the bad ones to form their opinion upon.

Last edited:

Amryllis

HSC
Sarah168 said:
The Logies was really a one off bad performance (bar the 2004 ARIAS I guess...). Im not making up excuses. Delta really does have a strong and beautiful live voice... As someone said in this thread, her performance at the Channel V free concert is a true testament to that. No one is 100% but I don't think it's fair at all to say that she has an awful live voice.

Edit: It's also unfair to judge her piano playing by saying she played two notes and hopped off to proceed to sing terribly. You only need to see the right live clips and studio visual recordings to see how well she really does play the piano. Not just with technical accuracy but feeling. Of course, if you absolutely LOATHE Delta and her music, I dont expect you to agree with the thing about "playing with feeling", but you can't deny the technical side of things. (If you see the right performances, snippets and live clips)

When I say "see the right performances", you might think "Oh? The right ones? So she only gets it right, sometimes? That's pretty bad musicianship". She gets it right 95% of the time. It's just that people who dislike Delta choose to nit pick the bad ones to form their opinion upon.
Well said! Couldn't have put it better myself! :D

I didn't see Delta's Logies performance but I did think that the 2004 Arias, when she actually got up to sing for the first time (instead of singing at the piano) wasn't her finest moment. She kinda just did one sort of dance movement... But Delta fans would forgive her for a couple of bad performances here and there!

If she's good 95% of the time, then that's really hard to beat! Most artists can't sing live for crap.

Fry

yeah i think Delta sounds very good live. i saw her twice on Rove and i was entranced by her singing.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
when live delta sings off key. i appreciate that her music is written from her experiences though.

Amryllis

HSC
Apart from Angels Brought Me Here, Guy's songs have been vocal acrobatics and fluff...

Every time I listen to Delta's album I find something new in the lyrics and the music. It's amazing.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
well, the ones that are heard on the radio often make Delta's songs sound like that (and to an extent it's true), but fans would attest that there is much more variety of content in her albums.

2rko

HSC
they're both on the same level for me ... i dont hate em but i dont love them .. they are just there

Amryllis

HSC
Asquithian said:
I don't think Delta's song are anything more than dramatised words from her crushes and past relationships. I see a delta song and I have to turn it off and yes she does sing off key live.

However at least she isn't an Australian idol.
In Delta's "Mistaken Identity" album, the songs are mainly about what she went through with the cancer - the darkness, despair and also the hope and strength that she felt.

Exactly how many songs are actually about her past relationships?

Lost Without You - Blair McDonough
Out of the Blue - Mark Philippoussis

Can anyone think of any more?

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Oh... couldn't you see, my darling Poo
That I was lost without you
Why did you go
For that $2 shop slut

Was Paris really that much
Better than me
Was One Night In Paris
Worth more than a lifetime with me?

I was head over heels for you,
But she was heels over head, instead
Oh, Poo, now you've become the Shit
So you left our love to die in Hilton's bed

... And so on and so forth. :D

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Eh? Made them up impromptu...

That explains how they most likely won't fit into any of Delta's songs...

I did borrow something from someone's quote about the head over heels/heels over head thing, though.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Amryllis said:
In Delta's "Mistaken Identity" album, the songs are mainly about what she went through with the cancer - the darkness, despair and also the hope and strength that she felt.

Exactly how many songs are actually about her past relationships?

Lost Without You - Blair McDonough
Out of the Blue - Mark Philippoussis

Can anyone think of any more?
Actually, there are a fair few more. I just don't think they form a majority though...at least not in the 2nd album. The first one (album) really is dull to listen to I must admit.

Last edited:

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Some of Delta's lyrics don't make any sense.

e.g

Family and friends they were my life
But I wasn't one for butterflies
But you gave me love that I can't disguise

I don't get the butterfly line...it's kinda random if you ask me.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I like Delta's music but her acting really is appalling.

About the lyrics thing (too lazy to quote), they dont always have to make sense. Not every artist makes sense in their songs :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)