• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Delta vs guy - Who is YOUR Australian Idol?? (1 Viewer)

Delta or Guy - Who is YOUR Australian Idol?

• Delta

Votes: 90 76.3%
  • Guy

Votes: 28 23.7%

• Total voters

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Weisy
Two words: publicity team. Does anyone remember when Delta came out a few years ago? Her 'debut' single and album disguises the fact that she released a single ages ago, which was a flop. This is not to say she wasn't 'talented' then, but she just hadn't adopted an image which the public was ready to accept and preen over.
that's the thing which makes me cringe, iwonder if she is genuine now, or if it's all publicity. nevertheless, i like her and her music a lot.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
They both fucking suck

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by ND
That sooooo isn't me.

I'm with you on Amy Lee (not that she is better, but that she is really good), and Sarah Brightman also has to be mentioned in any thread about singing.
:D One has to stereotype in order to make any sense of the world, I guess.

Sarah Brightman...she has a certain charm, but she has completely ruined her upper register in the last few years. Kudos to her for trying different styles, though. If we're talking about an amazing voice...Bryn Terfel and Rita Streich would be my picks...

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
.... do you know him??
No, but I have met him. I just don't understand how people can use obscene language in describing somebody they don't know.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
My two cents:

Guy is my (ok and the nation's) Australian Idol.

Delta is one of Australia's hottest and talented singer/actor.

You can't even put Delta in the category, coz its two different circumstances. You can't compare them either. They are both amazing singers and people who have voices that put goose bumps on your arms.

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by grk_styl
people who have voices that put goose bumps on your arms.
I agree with that

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
are u sure they're not putting goosebumps on your arms for the wrong reason? :p jks jks

Calculon

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure its not their 'talent' that puts goosebumps on my arms

C

CaR

Well, if you compare Guy with the those in this year's Australian Idol........he's great

how u doin?

HSC
its sad that delta got cancer, but lets face it, months on the front covers of tabloid newspapers and magazines hardly hurt her career. infact there's no way she would be half as successful. imo. cancer is sad.

i know i could have been a bit more subtle about it...

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Guy over Delta any day. Guy didn't need to get cancer and gain sympathy success.. he was successful all on him own. Delta was ok back in her innocent ways, but now she's a sell out. So go Guy !

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
delta had 2 or 3 number one singles before she got sick

she was already a sell out

she was already respected which is why they publicised her illness so much - people wanted to know about it

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I think anybody who likes either Delta or Guy is full of rubbish. Composers my ass - I'd love to see them actually do their own instrumentations. Hell, neither probably have heard of four part harmony, much less writing for 20-30 instruments at a time.

Most of what Delta and Guy produce is formulaic rubbish. There are computer programs which can create chord progressions like Delta and Guy. That's not composition. They're not composers. Hell, they probably don't even come up with the melody, much less writing the dots on the page.

And neither can sing. Delta sounds worse than my 10 year old students. And can Guy sebastian even hit a note? He'll hit the other 11 notes in the octave before he hits the right one - every single time. I'd like to see either of them just sing a solitary note, and hold it. They'd never be able to do it, Guy would sing a fucking arpeggio before he'd hit the note, and Delta would waver a major third above And a major third below.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yea, i think alot of it is just bs made up hype...

Delta - "I've BeEn WriTing MsuCI sinCE 12!! HEHEHEH BUY MY CD's AnD SkanKy UnDerWear! HEHEHEHEH"

Guy - "I SunGed GoodEd!!! HAHA SeE mE on WORLD iDool? I hAd No FUCKn Cluue"

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Darth Figgy said:
If you want a brilliant live singer, check out Josh Groban.

He sang at the Super Bowl - he was flawless.

As for Delta and Guy, they are both completely different musicians. I like them both.

For those saying they "hate Guy" - do you even know him? Do you even know what a lovely person he is?
Wow do you know what an amazingly lovely person he is?! because you've known him since u were 12 and made love to him on several occassions?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)