Can't get into the course I want unless I travel far or UWS (1 Viewer)

Kralex

HSC
So my situation is 80.85 and I want to do Communications and Media studies (journalism). I was considering UOW throughout the year but since receiving 80.85 I figured I have options to stay in Sydney now and don't really want to travel so far.

The solution I made for myself:
1. Hopefully scrape into UMACQ's course with my EAS eligibility.
2. Do arts at UNSW, take the media units and transfer or major in media.

Do you guys think thats reasonable?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds like a plan (y). Good luck getting into the course you want.

NewiJapper

HSC
Is it possible for me to do law/science at UNCLE and SOMEHOW transfer to law/science at USYD? Or is that just out of the question? lol

ultraman8

Banned
HSC
N/A
Is it possible for me to do law/science at UNCLE and SOMEHOW transfer to law/science at USYD? Or is that just out of the question? lol
Possible but you probably need HDs. It's easier to transfer from the same uni ie do commerce at USYD and get distinctions then you can get into law. That's what some of my friends did but I think interuni transfers are harder.

NewiJapper

HSC
Chromatic said:
I hope you're joking lol
I'm going to go ahead and embarassingly say, no...

I'd love to do Bsc(Advanced)/Law at USYD but my marks are obviously stopping me from doing that directly (93.7) and I don't think I'm ready to leave Newcastle just yet.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
I'm going to go ahead and embarassingly say, no...

I'd love to do Bsc(Advanced)/Law at USYD but my marks are obviously stopping me from doing that directly (93.7) and I don't think I'm ready to leave Newcastle just yet.
Its too competitive, u have no chance

janchanisek

Durian
HSC
its really hard tho and like the comments above its easier to transfer from same uni... you still need at least 97+ (more like 98+) ATAR and Distinction to HD average to make it.... tho i do know quite a number of ppl who transferred into usyd law successfully after 1st year =]

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think it's possible to do BSc (Adv)/LLB at USyd.

Just BSc/LLB

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Last edited:

ultraman8

Banned
HSC
N/A
Agreed with above post. Funny story I didn't even fufill the requirements for Adv Science but I still graduated with that degree. Funny INDEED. Tbh Science advanced science not much difference if you decide to get a honours the advanced nature of the degree is most likely redundant. Also advanced science requires more work for little extra marks which isn't worth the time spent than just doing the normal stream and doing better at it. If you enjoy study go ahead go for the advanced if you want to maximise your marks and don't want to study as much do normal.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
The BSc (Adv) is basically the same as the BSc + honours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)