Can I apply for illness/misadventure? (1 Viewer)

xjxmxhx

HSC
Hey, so I was wondering basically what the title says.

I've been having severe stomach pains, resulting in going to the bathroom quite often.
It's affecting my ability to study and sit the exams as well, as in Maths I had to try and ignore it as I needed all the time I could get.

Is it worth applying for illness/misadventure?

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
No.

I had 3 root canal procedures done during my exams last year and yet I was told it would be denied as it wasn't a good enough reason. So, I didn't apply. For you, I think they'll link your problem to menstruation (sorry if you're not a female).

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Dont think it'll work tbh, you can always apply after doing the tests tho, better see a dr first.

Staplerrr

HSC
Yeah, they only use it if your results aren't where they are supposed to be relative to your internal mark. You will need your doctor to fill out a form though, and your principal, and the head supervisor of your exam - so it's quite a lot of paperwork.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
How severe are we talking about here? If it's anything less than hospital, forget about it. And when I mean hospital, I mean emergency ward, not going to the hospital in place of going to see your GP.

Edit: Sorry if I sounded harsh - better you hear it here now, rather than applying and relying on it, only to not get your request approved.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Hey, so I was wondering basically what the title says.

I've been having severe stomach pains, resulting in going to the bathroom quite often.
It's affecting my ability to study and sit the exams as well, as in Maths I had to try and ignore it as I needed all the time I could get.

Is it worth applying for illness/misadventure?
There is no harm in applying, the only matter is if it will be accepted (but don't count on it)

xjxmxhx

HSC
It's kind of moderate severe-ish. Not hospital severe though, I've had that before.
Dw about being harsh, I have doubts myself, just want to know whether I should be bothered going through all the paperwork or just deal with it.
Just wanted some opinions.

xjxmxhx

HSC
LOL I'm pretty sure its not menstruation, even though I am a girl :p It's been happening on/off for the past week or so, only started to get real bad before the english exam. Seriously fml though, I'm not sick one day the whole year and then this happens.

2011_

HSC
I would advise you to apply - you may get it, you may not. But its best to apply :)

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
JUst apply, doing something is better than doing nothing :D
Who knows, you're stomach pain might even cause violent convulsions within your bowel, unleashing a spontaneous fury of diarrhoea during your exam :(

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Need a dr. cert on the day of the exam. If not, forget it.

breeee

HSC
How severe are we talking about here? If it's anything less than hospital, forget about it. And when I mean hospital, I mean emergency ward, not going to the hospital in place of going to see your GP.

Edit: Sorry if I sounded harsh - better you hear it here now, rather than applying and relying on it, only to not get your request approved.
I think that's a bit over the top - you can't say that someone with nausea who has to use the bathroom numerous times throughout their exam hasn't been disadvantaged, but I also would not go to the ER just for that :S

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think that's a bit over the top - you can't say that someone with nausea who has to use the bathroom numerous times throughout their exam hasn't been disadvantaged, but I also would not go to the ER just for that :S
I'd also say I was disadvantaged by the person in front of me continually tapping their feet and asking to use the bathroom numerous times throughout their exam, but I'm not going to apply for special consideration for that.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Get a doctors certificate and apply. You may very well find you are successful.

I had an illness/misadventure appeal successfully applied for two exams, one of them relating to a certainly less severe illness than you describe. (One I was unable to sit, the other I did sit) With illness appeals, if it's a cold or something then forget it. If you are in serious pain however they do understand. Make sure you see a doctor on the day of the exam.

Even if you apply for an appeal, if you are in a state to be able to sit the exam then you should always do so.

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
Just warn the teacher. I had the same thing, I was vomiting every hour 2 nights before my English exam and had like some 'episodes'(lol that's what they called it and I found that pretty cute cause I've never heard of it called that).
Anyways I went to the ER and got fluids injected all night since I just sprewed up whatever went into my mouth (including water).
Lol I texted the teacher the day after so all the supervisers know. I wanted to apply for special provisions in case I had to run for the bathroom or something in the exam.. But the teacher said I was only eligible for misadventure/illness
You know I thought, I'm not really disadvantaged because I had the whole year to study, I'm not going to be like oh shit I lost a few nights of study and whatever I studied those nights would of saved my ass from failing. Because our brain doesn't really work like that unless you think it does..? Cause in the tests I don't really go, man if only I looked at these sorts of questions the night before, I would of aced this test. It's more like I didn't get the concept from the beginning of the year and I didn't try to work on it which leads to why I couldn't do the question.

Why am I d&m-ing?
Anyways my stomach was constantly rumbling throughout the English tests and felt a bit nausea but I managed. I was just afraid that everyone would of heard me but they were all focusing on the test. Just bring your diagnose from the hospital/doctor just in case.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Dont think it'll work tbh, you can always apply after doing the tests tho, better see a dr first.
Yes, see a Dr First before anything!

That as well! I went to emergency the Friday before the English papers, was transferred out of town and got out on the Wednesday English paper. Check your PM, I sent you some extra info. You need to fill out your misadventure and lodge it within a week after your last exam (already done mine) you will need to do it early as the principal and supervisor have to do stuff with it.

breeee

HSC
I'd also say I was disadvantaged by the person in front of me continually tapping their feet and asking to use the bathroom numerous times throughout their exam, but I'm not going to apply for special consideration for that.
Well, no because you wouldn't get it. I think being sick is entirely different to that.

xjxmxhx

HSC
Ok, thanks guys for the advice, I don't think I'll have to get the misadventure form as the pain has gone; it got really bad last night but some tablets helped clear it up. Don't think it affected sor, although that exam was F****D up. Still going to the doctor though, to find out what's wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)