BOS Proposal (1 Viewer)

Do you think this BOS should create official trial test papers?

• Total voters

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The thing is... these papers are for YOU to do, what what's the point if the very same people writing the papers are also doing them?
I would argue that having a few individuals do it, gets to benefit the whole community. People could do exams from other students, so to speak. And those individuals writing it could do others from others, or just want to contribute.

It's obviously not flawless, but it's probably the only practical solution other than some form of external outsourcing (which sort of defeats the point of 'BOS' papers).

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
We already are working on that. I have been working on he Extension 2 and Extension 1 Mathematics papers since a month ago.

During the next school holidays, there will be a 'Pre-HSC Meat' where people sit for BOS-written exams, then marked, then a seminar going through the test.
I think it's amazing how you are doing it Carrot, particularly for Maths were there is the highest demand for past papers, as many textbooks offer nowhere near the difficulty level of actual HSC.

I just have to pipe in and say I hope that the BOS papers would be released on the site also because some of us live too far for the meats. (For instance, 7 hours away from Syd!).

loapowm

Banned
HSC
I think it's amazing how you are doing it Carrot, particularly for Maths were there is the highest demand for past papers, as many textbooks offer nowhere near the difficulty level of actual HSC.

I just have to pipe in and say I hope that the BOS papers would be released on the site also because some of us live too far for the meats. (For instance, 7 hours away from Syd!).
They should be on this site

I would argue that having a few individuals do it, gets to benefit the whole community. People could do exams from other students, so to speak. And those individuals writing it could do others from others, or just want to contribute.

It's obviously not flawless, but it's probably the only practical solution other than some form of external outsourcing (which sort of defeats the point of 'BOS' papers).
This. I am happy to write papers for others, and I am sure some will be happy to do the same/

Just because we can't do our own papers doesn't mean we

The thing is... these papers are for YOU to do, what what's the point if the very same people writing the papers are also doing them?
To share? So others have them on BoS?

I've looked into various online testing suites.
Cool. Is it possible?

I would be able to help write Physics/Chemistry for the core section and multiple choice.
I will opt in for all my subjects.

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
i thought ur saying Board of Studies should write school assessment just like the HSC.
That would be awesome though!
I have literally thousands of papers, what's the point of even more papers? :p

loapowm

Banned
HSC
i thought ur saying Board of Studies should write school assessment just like the HSC.
That would be awesome though!
I have literally thousands of papers, what's the point of even more papers? :p
Not everyone has papers
Harder Papers
Easier Papers
More relevant papers
Unique style of papers
More questions
Different structure

heaps of erasons

Johnstan

Sickunt overload
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait? Mark? I hope you don't intend to mark them. Obviously designing a trial is hard- especially with English but marking them will be impossible
what benefit is it doing a test, if you dont get any feedback ?

loapowm

Banned
HSC
we're talking about doing Bos tests...
what do teachers have to do with this?
*facepalm

For example English.

YOu do a BoS test. You then go to your teacher and ask them to mark it = better feedback

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
What program can you use to write your own papers anyway?

I might write a 2U or 4U paper for fun.

loapowm

Banned
HSC
You can ask your teachers to mark your responses, regardless of where the actual question came from.
This

All good teachers will be willing to mark your essays. They don't care where you get them as long as you give them the question

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
The Math papers I am writing will be done in LaTeX, but harrisony will be doing the formatting.
How would I LaTeX it outside of bos? I want to try writing a paper for fun and also to build maths creativity I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)