Australia vs Rest of the World (cricket) (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
I havent hear of ythe tema being annouced either, anyways heres mine:

TEST:
sehwag
smith (cpt) (or vaughn...depends on SA vs Eng later)
dravid
lara
kallis
inzi
sangakarra
pollock
shaoib acktar
steve harmisson
murali

no tendulker unless he seriously do a u turn in the next few months cuz he's been shithouse... even dravid is replaceable as he has reverted to stonewalling, but atleast he's got better form. pollock has really declined in the last year or so, and if that trend continues, kumble may be an option.

ONE DAYERS
Tendulker
Gayle
Lara
Kallis
2 from {Ganguly/Youhana/Sarwan}
Sangakarra
Flintoff
Pollock
Vaas
Harmisson
Murali

Perhaps move tendulker to 3 and have jayasuria as openner, leave out ganguly/sarwan/youhana. Harbajan as back up spinner. Ganguly captain if included, if not then lara or tendulker can take over. ok its a pretty screwed up team but 1 dayers are close to being lotteries anyway...

Edit: make that choose one from the 3
Tendulkars form in test hasnt been that bad this year...i mean he's averaging 72 despite his recent poor form. And also remember that he only recently recovered from an injury to his elbow which meant little training...it is expected that he will take some time to recover. His scores are starting to gradually become better, he got 20 odd against south africa in the test going on right now. I wouldn't include 2 spinners in the team, mainly because its being played here. As for the one day team captain, personally i would put Tendulkar....it would be awesome to see Tendulkar and Jayasuriya opening

If the team has not been picked yet then I cant see them not including Sehwag in the Test team given his form this year

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
there's no way tendulkar is averaging 70+:

according to cricinfo, in the last 2 years he's averaging 39 in 14 matches
he's scored:
8, 51, 9, 7, 55, 1, 0, 1, 37, 0, 44, 241*, 60*, 194*, 2, 8, 1, 8, 2, 5, 55, 3, 20
he has failed alot more than he has done his job,,,take away the two big not outs at the turn of the year against aus and pakistan, he's only got an average of 19.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I was talking about average for this year only. Once again you have to remember that both in the period before getting his 241* against Australia and after getting 194* against Pakistan he suffered from numerous injuries that not only prevented him from training and inhibits his form but also prevented him from playing a number of matches such as the ICC trophy and others. The good thing is hes included in the team to play Bangladesh this month meaning he will get some good batting practice. Its unusual though that many big name players are going poorly this year and some not so big name players are rising up

All i can say is I feel sorry for Bangladesh if Tendulkar does like he did to Australia at the beginning of the year and get back into form and hit 200 odd runs in an inning

Last edited:

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
Both Kallis and Smith are shoe-ins for the team thats for sure.

Smith is a leftie who seems to always make a good start - somewhat Phil Jaques-esque. (though much better) Also he's only 23.

I can see him and Mick Clarke as the best batsmen in the world in a few years time.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Smith is another big name player that hasnt been going to well lately, in the India series he only got 155 runs @ < 40 average. Kallis is awesome, ive been watching him in the test against India and he seems to be the only player in the team that can tame the Indian spin, he has 238 runs @ 116 average. India must get him out quickly today or else the game is destined for a draw, if they can get him out they will be chasing <100 on the last day to win.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
The six-day test is being played at the SCG so you guys should have a chance to see it.

S

serv0

This my ODI team:

1. Jayasuriya
2. Gayle
3. Kallis
4. Tendulkar
5. Sarwan
6. Sangakkara +
7. Flintoff
8. Pollock
9. Oram
10. Vaas
11. Murali

Some maybe surprised at the inclusion of Jayasuria but most of the matches are at the SCG i think (dont hold me to dat). And Jayasuriya scored 2 consecutive centuries there last time he toured AUS.

As for Tendulkar, he's going pretty well in the ODI rankings.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
serv0 said:
This my ODI team:

1. Jayasuriya
2. Gayle
3. Kallis
4. Tendulkar
5. Sarwan
6. Sangakkara +
7. Flintoff
8. Pollock
9. Oram
10. Vaas
11. Murali

Some maybe surprised at the inclusion of Jayasuria but most of the matches are at the SCG i think (dont hold me to dat). And Jayasuriya scored 2 consecutive centuries there last time he toured AUS.

As for Tendulkar, he's going pretty well in the ODI rankings.
Tendulkar is 1st in ODI rankings. If that was the team I would probably put him opener or atleast 3, seeing that he opens for India. Watching his short innings yesterday against south africa in the test match he seemed so much better when he has an agressive mentality. He got 32* including an awesome six and hit the winning runs with a four

max

HSC
Oram??

Pahh...

He scores one hundred against the aussies and lays claim to the world 11.
His bowling performances have been nothing to raise the eyebrow and will simply struggle to crack an influence.

Servo the team you suggested is already full of allrounders and to put Oram above the likes of Ntini, Harmison or even perhaps Pathan is bordering on humourous...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I think had the criteria not been based on rankings Pathan would have been a good option. He is the leading wicket taker this year and is getting better each time he bowls

Incidently, this is post #1000

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
^ lol wow you posted 25 posts in one day?

cant wait for the one dayer tmr woooohooo

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Yeh tomorrow will be interesting...espeicially since NZ are currently 1st place in ODI this year and australia is 2nd by just a tiny margin.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
and they called in chris cairns and ARGH some other guy.

lets hope the game provides a challenge for the aussies

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The game nz played against australia in the vb series where cairns dominated the aussies keeps popping into my head...hopefully it will be similar tomorrow

Is chris harris the other guy you are talking about? You might remember that he is the guy that bowls like he is turning a door knob,hes been out of form this year

Last edited:

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yup i remember chris cairns thrashing the aus squad.

i was supposed to go to a one dayer game last year!!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..

max

HSC
Telstra Dome (i think) should have a packed house.
Bring on the sheep sheeegers!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
ommmmgg last over now!

this is scary one more run and they'll win :(

edit: *cries* :( ARGHHH damn you Mc cullum!

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
dont bother, we just lost.

fuckin kaspa....

would like to see what will happen with McGrath + Gillespi back, do you rekon they'll keep lee, and drop kaspa and watson? or keep kaspa? I hope not...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)