ATAR cut offs scaring anyone else? (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
That's heaps long, which is good. I think I may work during break, save some money.
That's what I plan to do. Except have a nice post HSC break between my last exam and the day we get our ATAR. :uhoh:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Unless you guys are set on law at USyd/UNSW, you guys have nothing to worry about.

Just do your best in the HSC and what will happen will happen :)

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Gah,

Why are the cut-offs so high? I just wished they were like 85+.

Makes it so much easier for me.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Makes it so much easier for me.
Makes it easier for everyone. ;)

I personally wouldn't worry too much about it. About this time in Year 11, I was aiming for 98, without worrying too much about courses. My expectations steadily rose as Year 11 and Year 12 passed, and I eventually made it into USyd Law. So yeah, I think you're worrying about it a little bit too early. :)

.deimonic

HSC
Actually most of the cut offs are getting lower.
When you convert the old UAI-> ATAR you get a higher value (for most of the part). i.e. a course which has a 95 ATAR cut off is actually a 94 UAI cut off etc.

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Aww come on...

Why do they do that to us?? I'm starting to become a bit over too concerned about my ATAR, according to Aerath...

Senator111

HSC
It would be nice to get the ATAR straight off - but unlikely that will happen for me. It does put a bit of pressure on what, I just remember there are other ways to make it to the desired outcome!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Why do they do that to us?? I'm starting to become a bit over too concerned about my ATAR, according to Aerath...
Well worrying isn't going to help you at all, compared to actually putting your head down and getting shit done. ;)

speedofsound

HSC
usyd int. and global studies went up to 95.70 from like 94 and unsw media went up to 91 from 87.something wtfffff

but wow uts communications went down. now that is wtf

Rage_Quitter

HSC
From today, I'm basing my rest of my school life to studying...
That would be something that my parents would want me to do.

Un/fortunately, that isn't possibly. But i also wish that could happen.

pman

Banned
HSC
remeber, cut offs can go up and down a fair bit, mine dropped 2 whole points this yr

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I thought that you wanted to do medicine. Did you change your mind?
It's the ultimate goal, but that's 99.95 and that didn't change at all. It's on my ATAR Spectrum however, it's my super high aim!

lychnobity

HSC
Would all you '11ers shut up?

Put your head down and just learn the stuff you have to to get good marks. Prelim means nothing (except for maths).

No one should be worrying about the HSC exams either. Your focus should be on coming first in every subject.

There is no room for worry, stress, anxiety and inane mental imbalances atm. Save them for 3 weeks before trials...

Chill, breathe, relax and care about uni when the UAC deadlines come at you.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Mine has gone down from 90.8 to 90.00. I am hoping I can pull that off, but I am doubtful.
Well if you took the initiative of joining this forum, i reckon you got enough 'drive' to scrape that off easily :)

freedragon

HSC
the atar cut offs are kinda scary i guess, but theyve got me only more motivated to study and reach my aim!!!

and yes, from now on the rest of my school life will be devoted to study too, with the exception of a bit of sports and work to keep me sane.

YR 11 and 12!!!

BRING IT ON!!!:headbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)