Ask me anything! (1 Viewer)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
What’s the maximum number of scholarships they would award at UNSW. Assuming you got the 99.95 atar and didn’t do medicine. I know you get the scholarship for dux of school and the scientia but can you also scoop Science/ engineering scholarships as well ? Or does unsw tend to cap how many you get. I know they place some limits for med students. Co-op scholarship no good as you can’t do double degrees. Thanks !
Not sure about this, but from https://www.scholarships.unsw.edu.au/faqs,

If you have received multiple Scholarship Offers, please contact UNSW Scholarships via email or webform enquiry for advice.

In some instances you may be approved to hold more than one scholarship or award, however these are reviewed individually and approved on exception.

cantdefeatben

HSC
If you are a current HSC student (Yr 11-12) or you are going to be one (Yr 10) or anyone else in High School, feel free to ask any questions about the HSC whether it be studying, social or anything along those lines. I am someone who has completed my HSC and have done relatively well in all my subjects but in no means do I claim to be the 99.95er or someone with 999+ IQ however I will assert that I am someone who has been able to overcome a lot of challenges in the HSC in all aspects of life and achieve a goal I never planned on, from someone who could barely do the sine rule in Year 10 to getting E4s for X2, X1 WHILST having a good social life or as the kids say, touching GRASS.

A great perk of boredofstudies excluding trolling and shitposting has been asking senior years about their experience and avoiding common pitfalls. I doubt I would have done this well if I studied the way I thought of or went through the HSC with the mentality I had initally and speaking to those who underwent the HSC was helpful. I'd like to pay that favour back to users on this site and offer any relevant advice that I have gained through experience or from other people.

All my advice is purely from my experience and knowledge, and so for very important decisions (e.g do I drop Extension 2?), take my advice as a suggestion and as an influence than the word of god. I'll answer questions when I'm free so don't wait for me to respond to someone else's question, just drop it in the thread and I'll get back to you.

If you have any questions on subjects, I can be only of help in (Physics, Maths, English, Economics) since those were my subjects I did in Year 12.

This is the only thread I will not troll, and I encourage insight or discussion from other people whether it be the 2022 HSC cohort or 2000 HSC cohort. Feel free to PM me if necessary or post down here. Have a good HSC all!

Don't be afraid to ask any question! At worst you might get an unsatisfactory answer but at best you get something valuable. Take advantage of this help.
How important is English to your ATAR? I am aiming for a 90+ ATAR but I am not confident in English. I do very well in other subjects (accelerated extension 1 maths, physics, chemistry) and I was just wondering if this goal is achievable with a mediocre mark (75-85) in English.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
How important is English to your ATAR? I am aiming for a 90+ ATAR but I am not confident in English. I do very well in other subjects (accelerated extension 1 maths, physics, chemistry) and I was just wondering if this goal is achievable with a mediocre mark (75-85) in English.
It is still possible, but you will need to do better in those other subjects to make up for it - getting a b6 or high b5 in other subjects would be ideal. Like everyone says, English is the only subject that will always count towards your ATAR. It all comes down to practice and the effort you put in ... follow the same process you use in your other subjects and you will improve little by little.

No surprises

HSC
How do you feel about UNSW trimester... I wanna go UNSW but It just simply means pain lol

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
How do you feel about UNSW trimester... I wanna go UNSW but It just simply means pain lol
Trimesters are ok. In terms of holidays, I think it roughly goes to the same amount to the unis that go by semesters. I can't comment much on workload yet since I've only done one trimester, but it is manageable. You all do the same cp (credit points) at the end of the year anyways.

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Trimesters are alright for me cos pretty much all my friends go to UNSW lmao.... it really depends tbh

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
@ExtremelyBoredUser What was your process for studying in advance before learning the content in class?
I'd just get a feel for a topic by skimming through the textbook chapters and just getting used to understanding what type of qs are commonly asked. I'd also watch some videos just to get a brief understanding of the topic there after and then I'd actually get into the whole studying process which is just compiling notes, doing practice qs, trying to explain it to myself etc.

popsmokeswife

HSC
You're asking a gambling addict how he would manage his finances. You sure I'm the right person ;) ? Can't say I'm fully disciplined.

> Completing work 1 week before a deadline
> Fear of failing
> Giving myself rest days to chill out
> Activating my discipline through performing a morning ritual (Doing my bed, doing pushups and weights, praying to god etc.) which gives me a sense of clarity of mind before studying

But ultimately, I AM THE BOREDUSER (extremely bored to add)
shiiiii 99 atar, works out, religious ima need that insta

No surprises

HSC
Trimesters are ok. In terms of holidays, I think it roughly goes to the same amount to the unis that go by semesters. I can't comment much on workload yet since I've only done one trimester, but it is manageable. You all do the same cp (credit points) at the end of the year anyways.
OHHH thank you but what's the cps about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)