Ask me anything! (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
It's all about timing. Also try to finish 30 minutes or so early so you have time to check your answers.

If you can't answer the question, the least you can do is get part marks
what if ur brain blanks out from stress and during exams u can't think because for SOME reason ur always preoccupied at trying to think abt how everone else is doing and that ur not doing good enough and if u cant do one question uve basically failed and u just lose the motivation to push through the exam and just think all the most depressing thoughts and lose all self confidence in yourself which continues this cycle till the end of the exam

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Btw jimmy if ur reading this i hope u get paid enough (do u even get paid?) to do this cuz i can't imagine always going on every active thread and just lurking, r u a bot or multiple people be honest?

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
what if ur brain blanks out from stress and during exams u can't think because for SOME reason ur always preoccupied at trying to think abt how everone else is doing and that ur not doing good enough and if u cant do one question uve basically failed and u just lose the motivation to push through the exam and just think all the most depressing thoughts and lose all self confidence in yourself which continues this cycle till the end of the exam
This happened to me in MX2 in q16.

I highly recommend you do the following steps,

1) Drop your pen
2) Drink your bottle for a couple of seconds, just relax
3) Take in deep breaths
4) Move onto the next question OR if you're still stuck, try annotating how you can solve certain questions.

I was able to get back in my zone and I smashed out the MX2 exam despite having a temporary memory loss. This is what happens when you get into deep contemplation and many basic things become illogical.

carrotsss

HSC
take deep breaths during reading time and save the really hard questions for the end to maintain your confidence

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Focus on yourself and your own paper. If you get stuck on a question, move onto the next one and go back to it later. This seems like mind/mental problems that are fixable.

I definitely felt this last yar durin the exam

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
the calculation questions are free marks but like half the paper is theory and stupid 8 mark history questions
Not as bad as prior cohorts TBH. Now the history is moreso linked to explaining why the model changed e.g Newton's corpuscular model did not align in its prediction of ... with the results of .. observed by ... and furthermore the results of the double-slit experiment influenced the scientific community to reconsider ...

Last edited:

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Focus on yourself and your own paper. If you get stuck on a question, move onto the next one and go back to it later. This seems like mind/mental problems that are fixable.

I definitely felt this last yar durin the exam
adhd :/ (Possibly, undiagnosed, hopefully not the case)
im getting it checked tho to see if i can apply for provisions

Last edited:

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Btw jimmy if ur reading this i hope u get paid enough (do u even get paid?) to do this cuz i can't imagine always going on every active thread and just lurking, r u a bot or multiple people be honest?
honestly BOS is just a distraction and a way to help ppl in ur free time if that makes sense. Its not that deep im pre sure he just has these threads on open while hes studying but jimmys always been there for the community.

IMO modding for BOS is much more honourable since he's trying to prevent this from becoming a toxic forum and ppl come here for help.

carrotsss

HSC
Not as bad as cohorts TBH. Now the history is moreso linked to explaining why the model changed e.g Newton's corpuscular model did not align in its prediction of ... with the results of .. observed by ... and furthermore the results of the double-slit experiment influenced the scientific community to reconsider ...
yeah it’s def better but it’s still a drag when you turn the page to just a wall of lines asking for maxwell’s contribution to the model of light

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
also which math past papers should i be doing there 600 for mx1 and 2 idk how to allocate this time

Vall

HSC
my approach was start with the most recent and work backwards in time. and i prioritised doing trials over HSC papers (cause the trials - as long as they're good trials) are harder

carrotsss

HSC
also which math past papers should i be doing there 600 for mx1 and 2 idk how to allocate this time
Imo start with easier ones so you can identify major content gaps and then once ur more confident and have covered major content gaps move onto harder selective school papers. Syd grammar and fort st trial papers are my favourites but they’re all pretty good

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Moderators are volunteers who dedicate some of their time towards helping this community. Despite the conspiracy theories, I am definitely one person haha 🤣. Like ExtremelyBoredUser mentioned, I am mostly active when I am at home studying. Otherwise, I am either at work or at university and I am rarely active then.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
my approach was start with the most recent and work backwards in time. and i prioritised doing trials over HSC papers (cause the trials - as long as they're good trials) are harder
Really?

I would’ve went from earliest first to most recent last. Everyone has their own process I guess

carrotsss

HSC
Moderators are volunteers who dedicate some of their time towards helping this community. Despite the conspiracy theories, I am definitely one person haha 🤣. Like ExtremelyBoredUser mentioned, I am mostly active when I am at home studying. Otherwise, I am either at work or at university and I am rarely active then.
do any of the other moderators actually do anything I feel like it’s just you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)