Anyone use caffeine pills before? (1 Viewer)

irenefu

HSC
My little brother offered me some caffeine pills to help me stay alert during my trials today, but I declined, just in case there were any negative side effects.
Are these pills effective? Or just stick with green tea?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
My little brother offered me some caffeine pills to help me stay alert during my trials today, but I declined, just in case there were any negative side effects.
Don't drink excessive amounts of water before any exam that requires all of the time, namely MX1, MX2 and English. Caffeine tends to cause you to need to urinate.

Johnstan

Sickunt overload
HSC
Uni Grad
caffeine pills r bs, they don't work for me...
ur best bet would be homemade iced coffee ( so there's actually coffee in it, and not commercial grade coffee flavour)...
johnstan's recipe:
mix 1.5 spoons of instant coffee with 3 spoons of sugar
dissolve mixture in water( not too much, just enough to dissolve it all, leaving a syrup like liquid)
add milk ( any- full cream,soy,lite) to the syrup thingo
put in a bottle and then put in fridge for abit.
u'll have a nice tasting,caffeine full, cold drink, keeping you awake etc...

ENJOY :)

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
Sleep at least 8 hours the night before the test, trust me u'll do better in the test this way.

I normally take diacetylmorphine but it isn't that effective TBH.

irenefu

HSC
caffeine pills r bs, they don't work for me...
ur best bet would be homemade iced coffee ( so there's actually coffee in it, and not commercial grade coffee flavour)...
johnstan's recipe:
mix 1.5 spoons of instant coffee with 3 spoons of sugar
dissolve mixture in water( not too much, just enough to dissolve it all, leaving a syrup like liquid)
add milk ( any- full cream,soy,lite) to the syrup thingo
put in a bottle and then put in fridge for abit.
u'll have a nice tasting,caffeine full, cold drink, keeping you awake etc...

ENJOY :)
haha ooh okay, i'll try it after trialss. Do you get caffeine crashes?

Sleep at least 8 hours the night before the test, trust me u'll do better in the test this way.

I normally take diacetylmorphine but it isn't that effective TBH.
What is this diacetylmorphine ? O_O

Johnstan

Sickunt overload
HSC
Uni Grad
haha ooh okay, i'll try it after trialss. Do you get caffeine crashes?

What is this diacetylmorphine ? O_O
nah not really...
only get them with V and mother lol:p

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
I hear modafinil is a far superior, non-hardcore alternative to caffeine. I'd look into ADD medication myself, but I'm a hypochondriac and hate taking medication...

Aysce

HSC
I hear modafinil is a far superior, non-hardcore alternative to caffeine. I'd look into ADD medication myself, but I'm a hypochondriac and hate taking medication...
This if you're really THAT desperate. Concentration and alertness is peaking although I've never taken them.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
V helps me stay up till 2-3am, sleep and not be tired till its 2am again lol

but with no V its usually like 11;30ish bedtime and wake up at 7 for school

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Many many people in the past have been successful without any such things.

seanieg89

HSC
I took dexamphetamines once and have never felt so "switched on" in my life, but would definitely recommend against making something like that a habit. Get good sleep and eat healthy, with a bit of caffeine now and then to give you a kick.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Don't know if you've ever heard of raw juice?

You'll need a juicer or blender (preferrably a cold press juicer) and blend with it heaps of greens like kale, spinach, lettuce, cabbage, then add an apple or 2 or as an alternative oranges.

Just looking up raw juice recipes will give you a million and one ideas.

I'm suggesting this, because the amount of nutrients, vitamins etc in a freshly juiced drink with greens and fruits is unbelievably good for you, both physically and mentally. I make one every single day and it keeps me alert the entire day, focused and feeling good in general.

Just a suggestion anyway, it has made school better for me, simply because of the health benefits.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Probably not. My friend drank coffee (she doesn't usually drink coffee) before her 2u maths half yearlies. She usually comes first with like 95-100% howeer, she felt jittery and stuff and only got ~80 because she couldn't concentrate

enoilgam

HSC
The problem with caffine pills is whilst they give you energy, they reduce your concentration. As someone said earlier ADD/ADHD medication is far more effective because it enhances concentration. But seriously though its the HSC - why would you put your health at risk for it (ADD/ADHD meds are addictive).

There are so many natural ways to enhance your performance.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Those things are addictive almost. Negative side effect (after consuming several) is a rapidly beating heart occasionally (not always); after that occurred a few times I stopped taking them as I am no doctor although figured that couldn't be a good sign (don't really want to have a heart attack etc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)