Age Difference (1 Viewer)

Do you have a preference of how much older/younger someone is that you go out with?

• Yes; they have to be the SAME age!

Votes: 48 2.8%
  • No; I don;t mind!

Votes: 655 38.3%
  • Yes; no more than a year younger/older than me!

Votes: 594 34.8%
  • I like older/younger men/women!

Votes: 411 24.1%

• Total voters

Genesys

HSC
Well it's generally thought that girls do mature faster than guys (no offence intended boys), so it makes sense that some girls would prefer older guys because they are POSSIBLY more mature than guys of their own age. Then again...some guys can be a lot more mature than girls their age.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
I thought about this a lot and decided that age was only a state of mind, so why not pursue the relationship.... even if there is a 14 year difference.

I'm now trying to convince myself that that fact he's married isn't an issue either.

Not getting too far with that one. Damn morals.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i don't mind a guy either my age or up to 2years older than me...but over 3years is too old for my likings...but i'd never go out with a guy younger than me...i don't know y but i alwayz feel that in a relationship the guy should be older...meh

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
In regards to going for a younger guy, i'd say as long as they are turning the age you are that same year.

hipPo3

HSC
Jago said:
oh 9 years is a REALLY big age difference. especially at our age...
me pappy and mamu are bout that different in age ...

i guess i voted without thinking .. i really dont care, my bad

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
hmmmm i really like older guys- the guys my age are sweet and all- but i just really find myself attracted to the ones in their 20's- cause they're past the stage im at and its kind of cool.:cool:

but ya know~when its love it's love:D

beezjaxx

HSC
crapppppppppp !

hmm well when i was 15 i met a guy who i thought was 20 and he also thought i was 20 at the time.... we both got really into each other and only AFTER that did we decide to ask each other our ages.... he was 26!

thats an 11 year difference.... so we stopped before we even started anything.

i'm 17 now and the last guy i was seeing was 23... just ended on saturday because of the age difference and distance (1.5 hrs apart), but i didn't mind the age.... he did....

but i'm still kind of (only kind of) into the now 28 year old....... it didnt work out with the 23 year old, will it with the 28 yr old ??????

:-((((

lil_one

HSC
hmmm

I've been with my boyfriend for 9 months and there's a 3 year age difference between us. (I'm 16,[17 in a few days] he's 20) We couldn't be happier. i think age difference becomes an issue at our age, because we are still growing and maturing. I find myself attracted to older guys simply because i feel guys at my age aren't mature enough, and are still concerned about getting "laid" etc, rather then being in a relationship for the love. However, that is my opinion at this present time, and I'm sure as i get older, guys will become more mature,[I'm not saying there isn't exceptions to the rule, but i do believe women mature a lot faster then men, emotionally] and I wouldn't be surprised if i was dating someone my own age. I look at my family, and the age gap between my parents, aunts/uncles etc. There is 4 years between both my parents and almost 10 years between my great aunt/uncle who have been married over 50 years. The only time age difference really becomes a concern is when we are in our teen years, because of the stigma invovled with it.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
one of my friends is 17, nearly 18, and shes dating a guy whos 24. its the first relationship she's been really happy in. i dont think its such a big deal... if you're happy, age shouldnt make a difference.
i think you have to evaluate each relationship on its own merits rather than on age.

beezjaxx

HSC
azzie said:
one of my friends is 17, nearly 18, and shes dating a guy whos 24. its the first relationship she's been really happy in. i dont think its such a big deal... if you're happy, age shouldnt make a difference.
i think you have to evaluate each relationship on its own merits rather than on age.

hmm that's a good thought! well said. Thanks!

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
There was this random chinese guy in his 30s was chasing after me for some reason...he said he was going to come and look for me and do stuff to me so I was Oh HELL NO...clicked my block button and deleted him off my list...I think 15 years difference is a bit much...I mean he's old enough to be my dad! *shrugs*

ariande

The Don
HSC
I've been out with a guy who was 5 years older than me, and one who was a lot older than that... I'd rather not say how much though. I think it really depends on the situation, and the levels of maturity between the two people in the relationship.

Does anyone else agree?

ariande

The Don
HSC
Also, just to point out, my mother was 16 and my father 26 when they first met, they were married a year later and 28 years on they are still together. Not only that, but when they married, she was in year 12 and he was a teacher at the local boys school.

So age differences can work out, don't be so quick to discredit them.

gna

HSC
Mine ex was older than me...by 1 month and 11 days, but still....she was older...was kind of weird thinking about it

snuffy87

HSC
currently im dating someone thats 6 months younger than me, we're both doin the hsc this year and all... at first it really bothered me since he's 17 and i'm 18.... ive talked to some friends about it.... and they're like "that's nothing... it doesnt really matter"..... and when his fds saw a pic of us together they were like "she looks so mature" and when he told them that i was older they were all --> 0.o

we've been goin out for almost 5 months, and it doesnt bother me as much anymore...

but my mom is like "never ever date a guy thats born in the same year as you... and definitely not one thats younger~!!"

sure... some of you might be like "to hell with that"... but what if my parents dont accept him coz he's younger? mind you that i really really love this guy... and i really do care about what my parents think....

any comments?

hipPo3

HSC
but ur a guy ... thats alright
guys traditionally are "supposed" to be older than the girl .. thats the way marriage has bin viewed for over 4000 yrs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)