Age Difference (2 Viewers)

Do you have a preference of how much older/younger someone is that you go out with?

• Yes; they have to be the SAME age!

Votes: 48 2.8%
  • No; I don;t mind!

Votes: 655 38.3%
  • Yes; no more than a year younger/older than me!

Votes: 594 34.8%
  • I like older/younger men/women!

Votes: 411 24.1%

• Total voters
P

pLuvia

KarmaKitten said:
How much does age matter?

Right now I am sort of with this guy, but he is 27 and I am 18(well in 2days)
How older than yourselves would you date a person?
that is a big age difference :p

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
Mine is a 3 yrs difference. :p Doesn't feel strange because I've grown up with older peeps.

P Plater

HSC
KarmaKitten said:
How much does age matter?

Right now I am sort of with this guy, but he is 27 and I am 18(well in 2days)
How older than yourselves would you date a person?
omg ur fucken gross.....

Zali

HSC
JUST DO IT!!!!! said:
the guys in my year have major "things" with dating younger girls...think the biggest age gap is 4 years but we are so used to it it doesn't bother us anymore...but it still gets to me sometimes
kinda the same at my school. its really weird almost like an un writen rule; the girls in my year hav bfs 2 years above us, they hook up with guys 1 year older n are just friends with the guys in our year. The girls 2 years older than us hate us tho cos they think we steal their guys. I think (most) girls are more mature than the guys in their year so it makes sense.
But personally i wouldnt go out with a guy younger than me or more than 3 years older than me

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
azzie said:
one of my friends is 17, nearly 18, and shes dating a guy whos 24. its the first relationship she's been really happy in. i dont think its such a big deal... if you're happy, age shouldnt make a difference.
i think you have to evaluate each relationship on its own merits rather than on age.
i have a friend who now is 18 and her bf is 26 but so yeh there is a 8yrs age diff...even if i dont like big age gaps i rkn they make the cutest couple...so as long as they are good together im happy...and he spoils her crazy :p

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
if shes hot and tall then its ok...

Last edited:

kiteblood

HSC
I would have sex with someone much older than myself, but I wouldn't necessarily form a long term relationship with them.

As for the little kiddies; the unfortunate fact is that there is an enormous difference in both your physical and psychological maturity between 15 and 18. Three years may not matter down the road, but at the moment it certainly does.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Nicho said:
There's a guy in our yr who's dating a girl who' 4 yrs younger and to me it just seems a little wrong - i mean he's focused on his hsc and all while she should be just going out with friends at her stage - i don't think it ever really works esp at our age - i've neva gone for girls who are more than 2 yrs older or younger than me and that seems to have worked fine
So, shes what, like, year 8?! Eww!

Always

HSC
Sweetheart, it's fine! As long as your committments and priorities don't clash too much, what's the problem? My parents are 6 years apart and blissfully married. :)

Women are by nature, more mature than men. Hence why many women prefer older men. I think I may be one of them. ;)

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
because the highschool girls image connotes innocent- ness . its hard if you have a large age gap due to different lifestyle, goals in life, maturity ect

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
For some reason, when in high-school you get ridiculed for dating girls more than 2 years below you, but in society, 6+ years is acceptable.
Until girls get out of high school, they really possess a sheltered view of the world (as with anyone in high school really) and so theres this mini bubble world in there.

Always

HSC
In high school, there's still a substantial difference between the maturity levels of a year 12 guy and a year 7 girl. One's ready to enter adulthood and the other is still adjusting to high school, hence the term "cradle-snatcher". ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Always said:
In high school, there's still a substantial difference between the maturity levels of a year 12 guy and a year 7 girl. One's ready to enter adulthood and the other is still adjusting to high school, hence the term "cradle-snatcher". ;)
I prefer the terms "open target" and "easy prey" but the others prefer "jailbait" dont know why

_Amie_

HSC
It seriously depends on the maturity of both people. If you think about it, 25-27yo guys have about the same maturity level as 18-19yo old girls. Girls mature quicker than guys, and so a bit of an age difference shouldn't matter if you're both comfortable with it. I'm 19, with a 27 year old, never been happier. We both want the same things, its all working well, and age hasn't even come into it. I've been with a 30yo too...it just depends on the people..If it works, then don't worry about age. Its just considered taboo to have a huge age difference, but if you're happy, then thats it.

fireflyxxstare

boxing the stars
HSC
ghostofme said:
in society it is not always so clear on how big the age difference is and by that age anyway no one really cares
but in highschool if it's like a 2 grade difference for example...it just seems lke a big thing coz teens generally date within their age bracketbut being 17 myself and having a 21 year old bf...i've had the looks and the funny reactions when i tell people how old my bf is....but i don't care...we love each other and that's all that matters..... i really dont understand why age is an issue.....
That's what it was like when my boyfriend was still at school. There's a two year age gap between us, I'm 17 he's 19, and people used to make such a big deal over it. I think it's kind of pathetic though considering it's none of anyones business. I say as long as you're happy and it's not dangerous, go ahead.

shons

Your right thats absolutely lame, firstly it is noones business and secondly, my boyfriend is 19 and im turning 18 in 3 weeks and weve been going out for over a year, so the whole year he was out of high school, it hasnt mattered at all and one of my best friends was dating a 24 year old for almost 2 years... it doesnt matter, as long as your happy, its not how old a person is, its how old they act so whether they can relate to you or not

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
Having crushes that is younger than you? right or wrong?

ok, this is dedicated to a BOS member who made a thread before how she had a crush on her younger neighbour, (no sex activities involved) which i think is wrong, especially someone who hasnt reached puberty yet, my thoughts and opinions on this, do you think having a relationship with a younger person is right or wrong? im not talking about a girl age 16 dating a 18 year old guy, i mean a 17 year old girl having a crush with guy at age of 14?? is that wrong or class as being a paedophile or a sex offender?

Last edited:

shons

that is most definatly wrong not to mention seedy, i dont think its legally classed as being a pedo tho, i mean stachitory rape is if you have sex or perform sexually acts with a person that is under 16 if you are over 16

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)