2023 HSC chat (1 Viewer)

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
88E587DC-381E-446C-BC98-C493CB0E886B.jpeg
Flashbacks from my year 10 exam block. I ended up having seven tests in one week.

carrotsss

HSC
Who wanna do teacher reviews e.g
math-
eng-
English: My new English teacher is absolutely amazing, she gives so much feedback, she’s realistic with me about where I need to improve and it’s so much better than my old teacher who was all flowery and acted like my essays were good when they obviously weren’t
Maths ext 2: she’s good, she’s seemed a little less energetic in our recent lessons though
Maths ext 1/adv: I think she’s very helpful for giving tons of resources and spending most of the lesson letting us do questions but most of the class hates her and doesn’t understand her so 🤷
Chemistry: Not amazing at teaching but he’s just such a great person that it doesn’t matter, like I actually look forward to our lessons my chem class is so good
Physics: great helpful teacher, I feel bad for her trying to control our physics class with 23 boys

I got really lucky with teachers now that I think about it

synthesis what are ur teacher reviews

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
synthesis what are ur teacher reviews
Adv and ext math: Very chill teacher that also memes a lot and very fun to talk to.
Ext 2 math: Nice teacher but I don't understand his accent 💀 but other than that its good. Bro has a yt channel
Adv english: The english teacher i had last year (and y9&10) was absolutely goated. Easily the best teacher I've ever had and I learnt to enjoy english and understand how to English basically. We have a new teacher this year (some days we don't even have teachers bc shortage or some shi) and we literally just copy paste notes from the board onto notes. Theres no insightful discussion (which is the best part of english classes imo). Our old teacher spent most of the lesson in discussion and activities that really helped you understand so much more about the text. I had to join tutoring as a supplement this year. And she doesn't even teach common mod so we really got abandoned at the worst time.
Chemistry: legit has a phd in chemistry but in terms of teaching I feel like we don't cover content deeply enough in class for some reason as if a lot new things are assumed knowledge.
Economics: Very good teacher, makes sure to teacher us everything and then instantly apply this knowledge to past HSC questions and stuff (WHY don't more teacher do this) our class is kinda small but really fun.
If my teachers are reading this I'm gone.

No surprises

HSC
math-
eng-
English-Nice teacher who actually teach and vibing with us
Maths-Strict teacher but at least knows how to do maths, not like the other maths teachers who are either karen or dunno how to do maths
Geo-Nice person but dunno how to teach anything relevant to test and keep asking us to finish the content booklet,otherwise stay back...but like mate u dont teach how could i know how to do it😭😭
Eco-Favvvvvvvvv teacher, he's so good and very helpful(Both mentally and academically)but he has jury duty for the rest of the term which means we fked up
Chinese-Good teacher but boring content

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
math-
eng-
all in all my teachers are pretty goated, i'm happy i have them for my final year

maths - great teacher, explains things pretty well, very helpful in giving us (decently challenging) topic tests and class time to work on homework exercises. only con is that for the 4u book and the 3u part of cambridge she'll have this tendency to assign the entire chapter and it is just a slog to go through (because she does the same thing the next day so to not get behind you have to do the hw before the following day) but i get it done regardless. for the 2u parts of the book there were a few times when she assigned 3-4 exercises in a single day for homework
english - absolutely goated, no1, made me love english more than i already did in y10. i like how the ideas and insights she provides us with are different from the generic ideas that are used for the texts, also she made a cake that was really yummy for my class last year
modern - also goated, no1, made me love modern way more. she gives good feedback for the responses i hand in and she helps makes the class pretty laidback. it's such a fun class
chem - she's super nice, there are a few times when i don't understand what's going on though because her lessons can be a bit disorganised, but we get everything done and we as a class do well (i think), and she's pretty good at explaining if we don't understand a q. we also do a lot of pracs and it's super fun
bio - only got her this year because my class changed teachers twice so i can't comment too much but she's also a really good teacher, she already has prepared stuff for the lesson and the content on those are easy to understand, and her explanations are pretty good

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
My school so trash ngl its easy to come near top of everything SO I HAVE NO FKN CLUE WHERE I WOULD stand against good selective schools it sucks honestly. Like i have no idea what my ranks would be in other schools...

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
English: Pretty solid, at not helping
Math: "Motivational" but useless lol
The skinless body at the back of an indian shop, which happens committing tax fraud in parra and is being hunted by 50 different governments:
Physics: Bruh good subject but bad teacher
Eco: definition of mid

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
who wanna expose their ranks for each subject? e.g
math- /
eng-/
idk any of my ranks oops, apart from one... my maths teacher asked who wanted to see their ranks for mx1 and 2 but I think I was too tired to go up and check, my bad... and I only know I'm tied first for modern because my mate and I were the only ones who got full marks for the modern task 1

hscgirl

HSC
My school so trash ngl its easy to come near top of everything SO I HAVE NO FKN CLUE WHERE I WOULD stand against good selective schools it sucks honestly. Like i have no idea what my ranks would be in other schools...
this was me in my old school, i literally came in the top for every subject bc it was so easy. that's why i moved to a good selective school so i can have more competition and see how my ranks compare to selective school kids

hscgirl

HSC
idk any of my ranks oops, apart from one... my maths teacher asked who wanted to see their ranks for mx1 and 2 but I think I was too tired to go up and check, my bad... and I only know I'm tied first for modern because my mate and I were the only ones who got full marks for the modern task 1
if u do achieve ur goal (and i hope u do!) and get 98+ mark for modern, would u state rank? and would u willingly dox yourself? just asking lol

HSC
Haha it feels good to finally be the top again, haven’t felt like this since year 6

Do you like hand in maths tasks? I’ve always hated them 😲
I hate math hand-ins they are so annoying!! We have had two so far, the Ext ones are always so weird 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)