2008 student id's (1 Viewer)

^emmie^

HSC
yer im gonna get mine soon i think but how do i get there like what bus do i catch from central (eddy ave) and do u buy bus tickets from the bus driver or where?

UNSW OWeek

HSC
N/A

Thought Shark

HSC
Hay guyz I live at New College and I dunno how to get to UNSW for O-Week. Can anyone halp me?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
gman03 said:
remember e-spot has moved to the old biomedical library
arghh i wish i had known. I didn't see it on the myUNSW site (but didn't look very hard)... the walk from old espot upto the new FM was quite a trek after several months of not having to trek around campus >< how unfit I am!

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
^emmie^ said:
do we have to pick it up before starting or can i get it on the advisory day or during o week
No need to rush ;) You can grab it anytime, it's best to do it during the semester i.e. 1 or 2 weeks after University has commenced. I know it's a great itching feeling to get it during O-Week but you'll be lining up with sooo many people!

Also there used to be a union card where it gave us students discounts at a variety of Uni-Shops but we don't now.

Hi thought Shark, it's best to have a quick checkup on a street directory, UNSW should be wack stack in the middle of Kensington. Otherwise, have a chat with the dudes at your Front Desk. :p

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Also there used to be a union card where it gave us students discounts at a variety of Uni-Shops but we don't now.
Damnit! +1 for USyd!
lol jk ;)

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
politik said:
Eh, they're pretty useless at FM. I went to get my ID yesterday;

Clerk: Your Student Number?
Me: zXXXXXXX.
Clerk: Oh yes - Alan?
Me: Yes.
Clerk: Sorry, I can see you've enrolled, but your 'information' has not been 'downloaded' from Student Central. Maybe you can try again tomorrow?
Me: I've been enrolled for weeks - what is one day going to do if you can't print my ID card after all this time?
Clerk: I don't know. But you can try.

Stupid mother fucking university. The clerk knew everything about me, including my program and enrolled subjects (all they need for the ID), and yet they can't print the ID.
I went and picked up mine yesterday... I didn't have my student number with me, but I had my name (lol), so yeh... and my photo makes me look like I have a double chin T___T

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
soopacow said:
I went and picked up mine yesterday... I didn't have my student number with me, but I had my name (lol), so yeh... and my photo makes me look like I have a double chin T___T
Prove it.

karoooh

HSC
The cards don't look too bad IRL. My mug shot ruins it though.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I'm less pissed at my ID because they said they'd replace it for free. I wonder if they'll let me take a new photo too.... but that might be asking a bit much.

Last edited:

Vylen

HSC
uhawww said:
I'm less pissed at my ID because they said they'd replace it for free. I wonder if they'll let me take a new photo too.... but that might be asking a bit much.
they probably could take a new photo, you just plonk your ass on the seat and its instantly done, cause in the end the card has to be reprinted... whats 10 seconds of extra time to take your photo.. it'd be stupid otherwise if they dont let you

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
mm i picked mine up yesterday and I just had to show them last years one thats all.

HSC
how bad are the lines if you want to get your id when session starts i.e march 10 and after?? you don't have to get it before ...right?

Thought Shark

HSC
buzz_hunniebee said:
how bad are the lines if you want to get your id when session starts i.e march 10 and after?? you don't have to get it before ...right?
You'd probably want to.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Since the new cards are gold, I got asked today "is it like a gold visa card, cause you know, you still haven't graduated"

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
That F'ing happened to me as well!!

I was heading onto an M2 bus back to the Hills area, and this new driver I've never seen before, says to me. "Hey is that concession sticker on your UNSW card fake?" *He then rubs his thumb onto the card, hoping it'll rub off* Idiot...

God I was about to start swearing on him (which I haven't done for quite some time, except on forums), then I said, Wait...this other popular bus driver has no problems with it. Then he let me thru with the concession fee.

I reckon its half UNSW's fault. After you've swiped to get access to doors like me to med & bioscience's building, the concession pass bloody fades out. I'm going to ask if there's some way I can get a separate pass for this, or a new card in case it fades out alot. :burn:

Oh and Medicine & Science students, BEWARE! The damn concession logo fades out fast after every swipe. I think the UNSW ID cards are getting cheaper and cheaper each year. Either that, or their ID card printer is running out of permanent ink.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Weird....only my 2007 card was a sticker, the other 5 are all printed, never had a problem though..

HSC
my 2008 was printed, they're massive smart asses at FM Support. she goes "so how are you working 20 hours a week and a full time student?"

20 hours isnt really that hard to pull off, especially with 13 hours commerce contact time thats 33 hours a week, that would be what, 6 hours a day if spread evenly. dumb bitch, hasnt she heard of weekends

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)