N/A
brooke.ellen said:
all u guys do such liek smart subjects :|

ahha
and im liek failing half mine!
cause i never seem to be at school

heheh

o well!
Trust me. Preliminary is all about getting out of that 'confusion stage'. Once you get out of it, you have got a silk road ahead of you. By the way, I would not call my subjects 'smart subjects' as some are scaled quite badly. :eek:

brooke.ellen

HSC
N/A
ahah

well you know what i meant.
you need to be smart to do them.
all those excelerated courses and what not!

ahh well thats life i guess i shall survive heheh

Aplus

HSC
N/A
It's not about how smart you are. It's your attitude. Everyone has the same brain. Sure, there are some people who are more talented than others, but those people are rare. For the majority of people, we are all at the same level. It is your attitude and committment towards your studies which determines your capabilities.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Aplus said:
It's not about how smart you are. It's your attitude. Everyone has the same brain. Sure, there are some people who are more talented than others, but those people are rare. For the majority of people, we are all at the same level. It is your attitude and committment towards your studies which determines your capabilities.
Another good point! :D. Many people at my school think I'm really smart and too good for them. But the reason why I'm better than them is due to my committment and attitude towards my studies, and excelling to the best of my ability.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Razizi said:
Another good point! :D. Many people at my school think I'm really smart and too good for them. But the reason why I'm better than them is due to my committment and attitude towards my studies, and excelling to the best of my ability.
I dislike people seeing me like I am the most academic student at my school. It is good to be recognised for my own effort, but I would not appreciate pressure from teachers & my mates. My Chemistry teacher once told another Chemistry teacher that I would come first in the first Assessment task as he thought I was the most accomplished student but I ended up coming 3rd, which disappointed my teacher. I was actually embarrased by it and that is one of the reasons I hate Chemistry.

I also did not perform as well as my friends thought I would do. My friends were expecting to come first in all my tasks but I only ended up coming first in 2 subjects.

I perform relatively worse when I am under pressure and much better when I have no pressure as my result in English shows. I came first despite the fact that people thought I would never come near top 10% in English.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
I dislike people seeing me like I am the most academic student at my school. It is good to be recognised for my own effort, but I would not appreciate pressure from teachers & my mates. My Chemistry teacher once told another Chemistry teacher that I would come first in the first Assessment task as he thought I was the most accomplished student but I ended up coming 3rd, which disappointed my teacher. I was actually embarrased by it and that is one of the reasons I hate Chemistry.

I also did not perform as well as my friends thought I would do. My friends were expecting to come first in all my tasks but I only ended up coming first in 2 subjects.

I perform relatively worse when I am under pressure and much better when I have no pressure as my result in English shows. I came first despite the fact that people thought I would never come near top 10% in English.
Yeah I agree. In term 1, I sat for a Biology half yearly exam, and before the exam I was working hard in the library, sorting out my notes etc. Then a friend of mine popped up to study with me and I decided to help him with a few concepts. He was exhausted and couldn't cope with all the notes we've learnt so he left. Then when the exam was about to begin, I hear him talking about me in front of his friends saying I would top Biology and blah blah. This put me under pressure. With this pressure, I know I made silly errors in the exam :(, but the pressure shouldn't be the main factor due to the loss of the marks...

bored of sc

HSC
Yeah, too much confidence is a bad thing. I topped the first prelim 2U task and was too cocky walking into the first 3U exam (worth 30%) and ended up having a shocker of an exam - getting 5th /13 :(

selablad

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yeah, that's the same with me. Pressure doesn't really affect my marks so much, but when I do mess up an assessment, people are always all, "don't worry, you're so smart, I'm sure you did really well" and then when marks come back I feel really bad because everyone was expecting me to do so well :( That feeling is worse than the feeling you get from doing badly in the first place...

--Amy--

HSC
Hey everyone!

My subjetcs are:

3u Maths
Advanced English
Chemistry
Biology
Japanese
Music 2

beachee99

HSC
Yeh i don't study, and i am far too relaxed into my exams, no one expects me to beat anybody, which is why i am relaxed and therefore think straight. Hey razizi, are you an efnic ? what school ?? ROFL !!!

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
beachee99 said:
Yeh i don't study, and i am far too relaxed into my exams, no one expects me to beat anybody, which is why i am relaxed and therefore think straight. Hey razizi, are you an efnic ? what school ?? ROFL !!!
Hey Daniel, gtfo troll :D

Last edited:

sarahaussiegirl

HSC
hey hey everyone, I'm new at this, but anyways i'm doing

Advanced english
Ext English (possibly 2U in yr 12)
Music 1 (should've done 2)
Economics
Legal Studies
Studies of Religion 1 (should've done 2)
2 Unit Maths (help! anybody??)

Is anyone else torn between absolutely killing yourself by doing too many subjects in year twelve but can't bear to drop any?

sarahaussiegirl

HSC
I can completely relate to you, I just started a new school this year and I am finding it difficult as everyone else's positions are already set. Although as an enthusiastic student who actively participates in class and the teachers love me because of this, I have never acheieved no.1 (except for now in economics woot!) I got a really disapointing mark in my legal and everyone kept acking and badgering me about my mark. I really hate this as everone expected me to do well and although i got 80% i was embarrassed to tell anyone my mark to have them laugh in my face and celebrate if they got higher than me.

I skipped year four as i was obviously bored absolutely out of my mind to the point of tears every afternoon and so I have always found it hard to achieve the top, competing with people who are all older than me but no one takes that into consideration. The expectation for bright people to do exceptional is the very thing that is keeping them from being exceptional because I duno about you, but I can't cope with that kind of pressure.

What is wrong with people these days? There is so much pressure to succeed but essentially only one person can be number one and it is horrible having people celebrate because OMG I've beat the smart kid. Absolutely horrendous. I am appaulled.

nikitadhami

HSC
Re: 2008 Preliminary Roll Call
I can completely relate to you, I just started a new school this year and I am finding it difficult as everyone else's positions are already set. Although as an enthusiastic student who actively participates in class and the teachers love me because of this, I have never acheieved no.1 (except for now in economics woot!) I got a really disapointing mark in my legal and everyone kept acking and badgering me about my mark. I really hate this as everone expected me to do well and although i got 80% i was embarrassed to tell anyone my mark to have them laugh in my face and celebrate if they got higher than me.

I skipped year four as i was obviously bored absolutely out of my mind to the point of tears every afternoon and so I have always found it hard to achieve the top, competing with people who are all older than me but no one takes that into consideration. The expectation for bright people to do exceptional is the very thing that is keeping them from being exceptional because I duno about you, but I can't cope with that kind of pressure.

What is wrong with people these days? There is so much pressure to succeed but essentially only one person can be number one and it is horrible having people celebrate because OMG I've beat the smart kid. Absolutely horrendous. I am appaulled.

dear who-ever-u-r

stating ur personal life all over here is not cool

so wat if u skipped year 4?

tell everyone else to eff off.

duh

and dunt whine abt getting "only" 80 percent. u sound prissy and stuck up.

which u no doubt are

bye

hav fun

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sarahaussiegirl said:

Don't worry. It is only Preliminary year. The whole purpose of Preliminary year is to get out of the 'confusion stage' and do something to develop your own study method and to know what you are expected for HSC. Relax and have a fresh mind. I wish you luck.

LanaAustralia

HSC
Hello!!! :) :wave:

I found this website today! It's really cool I like it. Even though we are 1/3 through year 11 I thought I would post anyway... :D

The subjects I'm doing are:

Music 1
Modern History
Senior Science
Visual Arts
Food Technology
English

Anyway it would be really nice to get to know some people on here :) have fun everyone

From Lana

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
LanaAustralia said:
Hello!!! :) :wave:

I found this website today! It's really cool I like it. Even though we are 1/3 through year 11 I thought I would post anyway... :D

The subjects I'm doing are:

Music 1
Modern History
Senior Science
Visual Arts
Food Technology
English

Anyway it would be really nice to get to know some people on here :) have fun everyone

From Lana
Congratulation! I welcome you on behalf of 09ers. I hope you have great time in here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: I just realised that my post doesn't seem as welcoming as I wanted it to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)