17, pregnant, yr 12 next year.. what do i do? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucy-bubs

HSC
hi
my name is lucy, im 17 and pregnant.
Im not sure if i should have an abortion or if i should keep the baby and put her up for adoption (yes, in case you are wondering it is a girl). She will be due in June, so i wont be able to do much study for my mid year psych exam cos a) i will be heavily pregnant b) might be having the baby and c) if i have already had her how can i study and then theres my end of year for all my other subjects.. ahhhhh i dunno what im gonna do!!
My family is all against abortion cos we are a heavily christian family.
please help me

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lucy-bubs said:
hi
Im not sure if i should have an abortion or if i should keep the baby and put her up for adoption (yes, in case you are wondering it is a girl). She will be due in June, so i wont be able to do much study for my mid year psych exam cos a) i will be heavily pregnant b) might be having the baby and c) if i have already had her how can i study and then theres my end of year for all my other subjects.. ahhhhh i dunno what im gonna do!!
please help me
Who is her dad? Discuss the issue with her dad and if all comes to an end, just approach your family for help. I am sure they will give you a hand.

lucy-bubs

HSC
lyounamu said:
Who is her dad? Discuss the issue with her dad and if all comes to an end, just approach your family for help. I am sure they will give you a hand.
her dad is long gone, he doesnt want to have anything to do with her =[

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
lucy-bubs said:
get a laywer and hit him up for child support, then get single mother welfare

you'll be set for life babe, never work a single day you won't

lucy-bubs

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
get the farken baby bonus love
And what, ruin my future for a lousy amount of money, its gonna cost a hell of a lot more money raising her and sending her school, feeding her and clothing her for her entire child hood.. a hell of a lot more that what the baby bonus covers for

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lucy-bubs said:
Are you serious? That's very irresponsible.

Review your own situation and consult with someone else that you can trust. But since your parents are opposed to the abortion, I am sure they will help you go through this struggle.

lucy-bubs

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
get a laywer and hit him up for child support, then get single mother welfare

you'll be set for life babe, never work a single day you won't
well maybe i want to work, i have lots of goals and plans for the future, i want to become a lawyer, i want to work hard
who are you anyway?

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
lucy-bubs said:
well maybe i want to work, i have lots of goals and plans for the future, i want to become a lawyer, i want to work hard
who are you anyway?
nah mate you won't be studying law now

get yerself a good housing commission unit, a husband what don't beat ya n look after the kid

Scion

HSC
My friend at my school went through High school pregnant. I can't remember if it was year 11 or 12. But you can study if you try when your pregnant. It's no excuse.

Oh btw, your family is heavily christian and you had sex before marriage what do they think about that ?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
oh my gawd... that childs life will be ruined if you're not financially supported...

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Who gives a shit if your family is heavily christian they can go fuck themselves

Go see your GP, get a referral (Steal your parents medicare card if you have to) and get a fucking abortion.

You'll be over the moon when they remove the parasite.

:)
this

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
You could apply to do something like pathways or get special consideration I presume for your HSC and then if you can get some help (that is if you decide to keep and not adopt out the baby) study part time while working/looking after the kid. Uni is flexible and there should be lots of options, talk to your school councillor and careers advisor who should be able to help you with the options you have available if you want to continue with the pregnancy. Good luck

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
lucy-bubs said:
hi
please help me
well obviously you've left it too late to have a medical abortion as they generally need to be done in the first 50 days of gestation. so if you have an abortion, it will need to be surgical, which is incredibly distressing. i suggest you google it and find out what it's like. you really should have thought about this at the moment you found out you were pregnant so you could have had more options, or had better contraception practices. leaving it this long is irresponsible to your child.

the fact that you are more concerned about your future than your child's future makes me think you are too way too immature to have a child. this is not meant to offend, but it is the truth. you're obviously not ready from what you have said.

it is YOUR decision, not your families. i don't give a fuck what religion they are. if you cannot provide a good upbringing for this child, you should not keep it in my opinion. it does not deserve that.

either have a surgical abortion, give up the baby for adoption (which will also cause you a lot of distress), or raise the child but accept that you need to grow the hell up and put this baby before you at all times.

honestly, you need to seek a counsellor at a family health clinic to talk through your options. it will help way more than anyone on the internet.

oh, and anyone who is too immature to have a contraception/pregnancy plan in place SHOULD NOT BE HAVING SEX.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Troll post I reckon. Your "mid year psych exam"? What's this about? Psych is a uni course and your doing your HSC in 09. Unless your talking about sum psych exam in terms of your pregnancy. Also, you had 0 posts atthe beggining of this thread, so I'm guessing your a regular member who created a troll account.

I could be wrong...

Zephyrio

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION CLEAN THE FILTH OUT

From the "Abortion thrad"

I need an abortion, where can i get one?

NSW

**N.B. Doesnt Include Tweed Head Locations

The Private Clinic
120 Devonshire Street
Surry Hills NSW 2010
Abortions performed up to 20 weeks gestation.
Telephone: 02 9690 0000

Marie Stopes International
Telephone: Nationwide Toll Free 1800 003 707

MSI Homebush Centre
80 Park Road
Homebush NSW 2140
Abortions performed up to 16 weeks gestation

MSI Fairfield Centre
Suite 4, 9 Kenyon Street (enter via Downey Lane)
Fairfield NSW 2165

MSI Westmead Centre
27 Railway Parade
Westmead NSW 2145
Abortions performed up to 19 weeks and 6 days gestation

Gynae care
1st Floor 66 Hampden Road
Artarmon NSW 2064
Abortions performed up to 10 weeks gestation
Telephone: 02 9413 2538

Preterm Foundation
1-5 Randle St
Surry Hills NSW 2010
Abortions performed up to 15 weeks gestation
Telephone: 02 9217 8700

Contraceptive Services Pty Ltd.
Third Floor 195 Macquarie Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Abortions performed up to 20 weeks gestation
Telephone: 02 9221 1933

Australian Birth Control Services
11A Howard Street
Randwick NSW 2031
Abortions performed up to and including 18 weeks gestation
Telephone: 02 9399 3900

Macquarie Fields Women's Clinic
3 Dale Lane
Macquarie Fields NSW 2564
Telephone: 02 9605 2247

Newcastle Clinic
The Lambton Road Day Surgery
163 Lambton Road
Broadmeadow NSW 2292
Abortions performed up to 18 weeks gestation
Telephone: 02 4957 5669

Victoria

Fertility Control Clinic
118 Wellington Parade
East Melbourne VIC 3002
Telephone 03 9419 2922

The Abortion Advice and Counselling Service of Melbourne
411-415 Dorset Road
Croydon VIC 3136
Abortions performed up to 24 weeks gestation
Telephone: 03 9724 9377

Pregnancy Advisory Service (Royal Women's Hospital)
132 Grattan Street
Carlton VIC 3053
Abortions performed up to 24 weeks gestation
Telephone: 03 9344 2259

The Women's Clinic on Richmond Hill
366 Church Street
Richmond VIC 3121
Abortions performed up to 18 weeks gestation
Telephone: 03 9427 0399
(E-mail: womclin@ozemail.com.au)

For more info go to http://www.childrenbychoice.org.au/nwww/clinics.htm
Do you even care about how others feel? Oh wait, rhetorical question. I suppose bagging out anti-abortion groups and using this girls' troubles to let out some of your ideological steam makes you so much of a better man. If you aren't willing to lend a compassionate hand, I say, get our of this thread and out of Boredofstudies. You did your HSC three years ago. Get. Over. It.

Last edited:

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Zephyrio said:
Do you even care about how others feel? Oh wait, rhetorical question. I suppose bagging out anti-abortion groups and using this girls' troubles to let out some of your ideological steam makes you so much of a better man. If you aren't willing to lend a compassionate hand, I say, get our of this thread and out of Boredofstudies. You did your HSC three years ago. Get. Over. It.

what the hell?

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Zephyrio said:
I say go back to your bible class.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Miles Edgeworth said:
Under no circumstances should this girl have this baby.
If it were me, it would have been aborted a loooong time ago. But seeing I've seen a lot of girls my age in Sydney give birth recently, they obviously don't listen to reason and think getting knocked up is cool or something.

There should be a licence to breed, honestly. Too many irresponsible mothers out there, no matter the age.

I do think it's a troll, but hopefully some poor teen will happen upon this thread and practice better contraception as a result of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)