17, pregnant, yr 12 next year.. what do i do? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Or she could get the abortion because it's the right decision and it won't totally fuck up her life. Great example. Great example you're being.
Look, I don't think its the best idea but it sounds like the OP will end up doing what she wants anyway. I am providing an option not advocating any particular one.

Zephyrio

HSC
Lucy,

How do you currently feel about your pregnancy? I know that it's been traumatic and just know that everyone - everyone makes mistakes... Have you considered the financial side of things; how will you support your child? I hope you've got the backing of your family. They mean the world in these types of situations.

There are some pathways to finishing your HSC, and taking on that AND a pregnancy would be a lot to handle. Have you considered leaving school for a year and then completing it the next? Maybe split your HSC over two years as some on this forum have done.

I don't want to force down my opinion on you. Ultimately, the decision to abort the child is going to be your decision. The best thing to do is to be informed about the choice you will make; should you abort the child, perhaps consider the fact that you may regret it later on... should you not, how will you care for her? Did you have other plans, like going to uni, that may be interrupted?

If you need a hand just PM me!

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Zephyrio said:
Do you even care about how others feel? Oh wait, rhetorical question. I suppose bagging out anti-abortion groups and using this girls' troubles to let out some of your ideological steam makes you so much of a better man. If you aren't willing to lend a compassionate hand, I say, get our of this thread and out of Boredofstudies. You did your HSC three years ago. Get. Over. It.
Hey guess what 08'er, this board is for teritary students too. Get over yourself, the world does not revolve around the HSC.

Zephyrio

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
How would this girl having this baby

a) help her

b) help the child

c) help society

Simple answers would be great. Otherwise fuck off and take your pro life nonsense elsewhere.

EDIT: There's a Uni community here in case you're blind physically as well as morally.
I feel sorry for you. Any decent human being would have considered how aborting the child may have affected the mother.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Zephyrio said:
You did your HSC three years ago. Get. Over. It.
Nothing to do with the rest of your post but why are HSC students so egocentric, this site is called BOREDOFSTUDIES, not BOREDOFHSC, its for anyone who is STUDYING whether that be high school, uni, tafe etc...plus there are NON-SCHOOL areas. We have every right to be here as much as you, if not more so. We have been here longer and the HSC is a tiny part of you life, you need to accept that.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Obviously was an effective troll. The OP got a moral arguement going, which would of been the purpose.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Zephyrio said:
I feel sorry for you. Any decent human being would have considered how aborting the child may have affected the mother.

yet giving birth to the child would affect the CHILD. isn't that what's most important? the well-being of the CHILD. it's the mothers fault for being so careless about her actions. and she asked for our opinions and we're giving it to her, so stop ranting about us being pathetic. it's a FORUM.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
fernando said:
What HSC did I do? There was certainly no mid-year psychology exams! I'm jealous, it sounds interesting....

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Zephyrio said:
Miles Edgeworth said:
How would this girl having this baby

a) help her

b) help the child

c) help society

Simple answers would be great. Otherwise fuck off and take your pro life nonsense elsewhere.

EDIT: There's a Uni community here in case you're blind physically as well as morally.
what are you, a fucking retard?

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
basically the choices are

a) abortion (protip: you want this one)

b) see my first few posts in the thread

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
lou071 said:
it is really difficult question to answer.
i know you said that your family is very strict christian, but abortion seems to be the best option cos you can't support child financially and socially. giving birth to baby will affect not only the baby but you as well.;
No, it's a really fucking simple answer. Get an abortion.

lucy-bubs

HSC
Scion said:
My friend at my school went through High school pregnant. I can't remember if it was year 11 or 12. But you can study if you try when your pregnant. It's no excuse.

Oh btw, your family is heavily christian and you had sex before marriage what do they think about that ?
they were not too happy with it. religion just makes everything so hard for people today, they say no sex before marriage, and if u do have sex contraception is not allowed and then you get pregnant and you cant have an abortion... how is this relevant for people in todays times?

charbler

Banned
HSC
lou071 said:
as i said, abortion seems to be the best option, but abortion is not that simple and easy like you said...
Yes it is.

Here are her choices.

1. Ruin life by having the baby.
2. Save life by getting an abortion.

She is not killing the baby, she is killing some cells that haven't even grown into anything yet, how the fuck could that possibly be hard ?

lucy-bubs said:
they were not too happy with it. religion just makes everything so hard for people today, they say no sex before marriage, and if u do have sex contraception is not allowed and then you get pregnant and you cant have an abortion... how is this relevant for people in todays times?
It isn't relevant, no religion is relevant in modern society.

lucy-bubs

HSC
Cookie182 said:
Troll post I reckon. Your "mid year psych exam"? What's this about? Psych is a uni course and your doing your HSC in 09. Unless your talking about sum psych exam in terms of your pregnancy. Also, you had 0 posts atthe beggining of this thread, so I'm guessing your a regular member who created a troll account.

I could be wrong...
year 12 VCE psychology

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
lou071 said:
abortion is not SIMPLE....
cos it is like killing potential human being- it is likely that she will suffer conscienous problems.
physically, having abortion increases the chance of womb cancer, your womb can be damaged. it can also cause problem like you can't have the baby any more,,,,,
i said abortion is hard in this way... not i referred 'go to hospital and get abortion' is hard

but i agree with other people, that abortion seems to be the best option
none of this is based on any fact whatsoever.

If you conscience has trouble with abortion it should have more trouble with having a baby that you don't want, and that will ruin your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)