• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

11Units Too Risky?? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: 11Unitss Too Risky??

More free periods, less stress, less homework, and (maybe) less exams?

Muz4PM

HSC

Aplus said:
May I ask, why are you dropping when your HSC is so near.
Well, for a few reasons. Firstly, it is the time factor, both at school and at home. I spend alot of time on my maths, and I don't think I am reaping the marks reward for my time investment, when I could be putting more effort into another one of my subjects.

Plus, there is the fact that there are others in the class who may have to do well in three unit maths in order to get the mark they want in the HSC, so if I am lagging behind, then not only am I taking time away from them in class, but also I may drag their HSC marks down from my poor performances.

Given that I have the necessary number of units, I can afford to drop, I just wanted to get a few other perspectives on it before I made a decision.

smart100

HSC
Im still doing 13 and it isn't too bad. After the half yearlies I will have to make a decision what to drop

jzhang159

HSC
I don't think so, i' m dong ten units which may seem a little hard.

bored of sc

HSC

Aerath said:
More free periods, less stress, less homework, and (maybe) less exams?
less exams makes sense :)

bored of sc

HSC
smart100 said:
Im still doing 13 and it isn't too bad. After the half yearlies I will have to make a decision what to drop
put your half yearly exam marks into SAM (student assessment modeller) and see which subject (s) don't count towards your 2006 UAI - they are most likely the subject (s) you should be dropping :)

ikarusdanoz

HSC
Important to note is that since only 10 units count, if you're only gonna do 10 units you gotta make sure every one of them counts. That means using that spare time you'd otherwise have had doing the extra units VERY WISELY. Then again, doing too many units means that you might not get the time u want to study 4 each subject, and besides they don't all count. Anyway, I reckon it doesn't matter, but if you do less than 12 units you need to promise yourself that you use the spare time to really perform well in those particular ones.

In terms of risk, it's only you that can create that risk by not studying hard :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)