11 Units. (1 Viewer)

NewiJapper

HSC
I'm slightly confused about the process in which whether my extra unit will be counted towards my HSC mark or whether im just doing it for "fun" *note: I enjoy Ext Eng*.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated :)

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
Your 10 best units get counted towards your ATAR. That may or may not be your EE1 mark, depending on how you go in that subject and in your others. If say, umm, you got like 48/50 for EE1 (final averaged mark that is), and your lowest mark was saaay 80 for 2u Maths, what would happen is, they would count your AdvEng, EE1, Chem, Jap & Bio, but for 2U maths, they would only count 1 unit. Because all your 2 unit subjects can be divided into two and they can count both or just one, depending on whether or not it counts.

Yeah, not sure if that made sense, I suck at explaining things >_<;"

ilikebeeef

HSC
Your 10 best units get counted towards your ATAR. That may or may not be your EE1 mark, depending on how you go in that subject and in your others. If say, umm, you got like 48/50 for EE1 (final averaged mark that is), and your lowest mark was saaay 80 for 2u Maths, what would happen is, they would count your AdvEng, EE1, Chem, Jap & Bio, but for 2U maths, they would only count 1 unit. Because all your 2 unit subjects can be divided into two and they can count both or just one, depending on whether or not it counts.

Yeah, not sure if that made sense, I suck at explaining things >_<;"
Nahs, you explained correctly.

NewiJapper

HSC
Thanks nutcracker! Your really cracked the nut on this case. ;) sorry couldnt resist lol

imoO

HSC
Keep the 11 units - it might count as one unit towards your worse 2-unit subject. For example, in my HSC, I did worse in Chemistry than my Ext1. Maths. They only counted 40/50 for 1 unit of my Chem (I got 80/100), and they counted 44/50 for my ext maths, which they put together to get 84/100 for my 9th and 10th unit that was counted towards my ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)