100 without 4U mahts? (1 Viewer)

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
um..i know it is POSSIBLE...in theory..

but the real question is, did anyone this year get 100 without it? or did anyone even get 99 without 4u maths? im only doing ext 1, so im probably screwed for life...

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
rukawasan got 99.85 without 4u maths, that's pretty damn close
and last year someone got 100 without doing any extension units, thought she like topped the state in all her subjects or somethign

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
...last year someone got 100 without doing any extension units, thought she like topped the state in all her subjects or somethign
true but thats sorta in the 'practically impossible'. :D

abdooooo!!!

Banned
i would like to see someone get 100 uai with general math and standard english. ;)

can someone tell me why the top of general math this year who scored perfect marks ended up with a scaled mark of 89 :confused:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Because it is capped, their is a maximum amount of marks you can gain from that subject, its to stop people from getting near perfect results from doing "easier" subjects.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by tofu
Well.. I guess the point is if you get 100% for General Math you really should be doing 2 unit..
LoL, yeah true that....and as i said bfore, if i were u, i wouldn't wanna use my general maths to count towards my uai. i.e make general maths my extra 2 units. :)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by tofu
What's wrong with 3u =op?
3u = good for 4u student, but only half as good for a 2/3u student. ;)

im not gonna explain my philosophy on subject choice over and over again. no one listens anyway.

i wonder why stupid board of studies makes subjects like general math, and standard english. the whole idea of this scaling system is that one cannot be disadvantaged nor advantaged by choosing an easier or harder course over the other for some reason. but clearly this is not the case.

i guess they just wanted to cater for them idiots who just come to school to get a HSC certificate since even if they score 0 for everything they'll still get it. then some not extremely bright student but who still want to do well, gets sucked in by teachers recomemdation... :rolleyes:

i remember my career adviser telling me not to choose chemistry and 3u math for year 11 because she thinks im too thick. maybe i should've listen to her advise for hsc chem.... :p

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
Originally posted by skypryn
um..i know it is POSSIBLE...in theory..

but the real question is, did anyone this year get 100 without it? or did anyone even get 99 without 4u maths? im only doing ext 1, so im probably screwed for life...
sure its possible... one or two ppl manage it every yr... but not likely... the fact is 100 is so difficult to attain that even if u do the best scaling subjects, eg 4u maths/eng, latin/greek, phys/chem/eco... u'd have to b rite at the top to even have a crack at it...
pigs last yr was a sure bet... n he did the best scaled subs... n he was rite at the top... but he ended up missing out(sorry bro)... a bit unfortunate...
trust me... i noe pigs personally... n he is one smart dude...

theres no shame if u dont get 100... its like lottery... even if u pick most of the numbers... theres still a high chance u'd miss out...

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
yeh xcept not counting going to a selectiv skool and not doing 3u math, just 1 ext subj is it possible?

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
somebody 2002 got 100 with no ext subjects... so 100 is achievable with any combination of subjects... higher scaling subjects n selective schools enhance ur chances... but nevertheless it is still a far shot for ANYBODY!!! incl. dux of JR couldnt even guarantee 100 cos if ur that tiptop its too easy to just miss out...

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
actually, there are like 8 duxes of jr, if u were one of them, i'd say u'd be pretty set

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
lol... my point exactly... 3 of them missed out 2003... so even if ur dux of JR... u still arent guaranteed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)