100 without 4U mahts? (1 Viewer)

mengqing

is 2/3u selection really that bad?? i m still confused.. just how bad is it?? im currently doing 2/3u, and im doing pretty average i guess.. i guess i could just pick up 4u at the last term of last year but i didnt cuz i thought it will be too much for me. after seeing so many posts about how 3u is just half good as 4u, it makes me to have the feeling of not worth doing 3u....
is it really not recommended??

mengqing

i know now..... but its too late isnt it?? i talked to my maths head teacher today, tried to convince her that if she let me do 4u now, i'll try and do good, but unfortunately unsuccessful... im really sad now... damn why didnt i choose 4u at the beginning of last term

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by mengqing
i know now..... but its too late isnt it?? i talked to my maths head teacher today, tried to convince her that if she let me do 4u now, i'll try and do good, but unfortunately unsuccessful... im really sad now... damn why didnt i choose 4u at the beginning of last term
just don't worry abt. it now- 3u unit still has good scaling- so just focus on your existing subjects, and try to get as best as u can....it is even possible to get high marks without ANY extension subjects (there was actually his person who got 100 uai without doing any extension subjecs)- so yeah, don't worry abt. it and just move on. :)

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Yeah, stop worrying, 4U maths is PAINFUL

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
mmengqing, you said so yourself "im just average" so why do you want 4u maths. this was only questioninig the feasibility of getting 100 UAI

lozza_86

HSC
i'm doing 4 unit and can handle it, but am going to have to work for it. I'm doing 13 units and the bad thing about 4 u maths is if you screw it up you are screwed majorly! I'm thinking about dropping back to a 2/3 combo. my teacher's advice was that it was fine and i'd still be able to attain my target UAI 98. Yoiu just need to aim for marks in the 85 + range for all subjects and you'll get there

aud

HSC
Originally posted by lozza_86
i'm doing 4 unit and can handle it, but am going to have to work for it. I'm doing 13 units and the bad thing about 4 u maths is if you screw it up you are screwed majorly! I'm thinking about dropping back to a 2/3 combo. my teacher's advice was that it was fine and i'd still be able to attain my target UAI 98. Yoiu just need to aim for marks in the 85 + range for all subjects and you'll get there
Really? Just aim for 85%? I can do that, cool... :D

Ah, I do 8 units of English and Maths... use English to escape from Maths and vice versa :D

Thing is, I got like 65% in first assessment for 4U Maths... but still came third in my class... is 65% bad?

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Well I got 58% and I still came through the hsc in one piece :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)