• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

100 without 4U mahts? (1 Viewer)

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
um..yeah read lotsa different papers. i thought 8 - 5 girls, 3 boys. but in 2003 did anyone make it with no 4u?hard to say...i might still have a chance, but probably not.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by skypryn
um..yeah read lotsa different papers. i thought 8 - 5 girls, 3 boys. but in 2003 did anyone make it with no 4u?hard to say...i might still have a chance, but probably not.
you're going for 100.xx? you'll never make it... you gonna need 5 or 6 tutors to achieve that ;)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well of course, why do you think theres two of them instead of 100.xy

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
omg so on the hsc result paper say u got 100 for maths it would only show up as 89?
No. On your HSC Record of Achievement, the mark would be shown as 100, because your HSC mark is 100. If you ever received a sheet displaying your scaled marks (currently unavailable), then you'd see a scaled mark of 89.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
i really feel sorry for the top of general math... 88.8 scaled marks LOL.

the median 4u scaled mark was 90.4 :eek:

but which one is harder to achieve? and general math is only 2 units of marks, unlike 4 units. :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
i really feel sorry for the top of general math... 88.8 scaled marks LOL.

the median 4u scaled mark was 90.4 :eek:

but which one is harder to achieve? and general math is only 2 units of marks, unlike 4 units. :D
technically speaking, it shuld b equally hard to get a scaled mark of 88 from general maths and 4u maths. :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
thats very technical... ahahah... but it never works like that though...

hey when did sadam and bush make friends?
well, thats what the uai process aims to do: put everyone on the same scale.

as with sadam: he's always been bush's friend...u just need to look at how he came about, and which country helped him gain power, and fight against iran and that. *i'll stop the politics now* :D

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by freaking_out
well, thats what the uai process aims to do: put everyone on the same scale.
but its totally flawed this system... why not just make so that everyone who wants an uai did the same level of math and english.

or at least educate the teachers or career advisor people better about how the hsc system work. man there is like teachers who tell you stuff like you can't do certain courses because you're not good enough... :rolleyes:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh i know like a couple of my friends were told they shouldnt be doing sdd or chemistry because they did general maths..
meh
i do general.. only because i have to do any 2u of maths to get into teaching

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
but its totally flawed this system... why not just make so that everyone who wants an uai did the same level of math and english.

or at least educate the teachers or career advisor people better about how the hsc system work. man there is like teachers who tell you stuff like you can't do certain courses because you're not good enough... :rolleyes:
i think the latter would b a good idea...general maths might b an option for some u know, like u can 80+ and even 90+ uai with general maths....its better than having only the harder maths bcoz, that will discourage ppl. from doing maths at all...so yeah, "anything is better than nothing". :D

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
To clear things up, this girl from Non-Selective school achieved a UAI of 100 WITHOUT doing ANY extension courses.

She did:
Advanced English
Biology (1st in State)
Legal Studies (8th in State)
PD/H/PE (10th in State)
Mathematics

So there you go, don't worry about it so much skypryn, any courses can get you a high UAI if you do well.

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
ok thanks, but abdoo, you said for 100.xx you need 5-6 tutors? youre a dumb cunt. the whole point is tutors are useless. you can get any mark with/out any amount of tutors. your score depends on you, not others

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
.... the whole point is tutors are useless...
well u can't make generalisations like that...coz tutoring can b really helpful for many ppl....but yeah, then again if ppl. go to tutors then don't do their work- then thats really useless!

abdooooo!!!

Banned
ok thanks, but abdoo, you said for 100.xx you need 5-6 tutors? youre a dumb cunt. the whole point is tutors are useless. you can get any mark with/out any amount of tutors. your score depends on you, not others
what? no way man... i heard rumors that people who get 100.xx all have like at least 5 tutors each.

im having 5 tutors for each subject that i do... so that is 5 x 6 = 30 tutors... my tutors all say that they can help me get 100.xx... so they can't be all wrong. :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
...im having 5 tutors for each subject that i do... so that is 5 x 6 = 30 tutors... my tutors all say that they can help me get 100.xx... so they can't be all wrong. :D
i thought u were against tuitioning. :s

Wohzazz

HSC
is this true abdhooooo!!...that you have tutors? (i'm guessing 2-3 tutors realisticly?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)