Your Approach To Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
How are you planning on approaching Paper 2?

Will you go in alphabetical order?

Will the order be based on which questions your most confident with?

etc, etc.

I'm planning to go with C, B then A based on my strengths but if they specify for Module B I'll probably swap that around with Module C

Post your approaches below :D

Chris_S

HSC
Speeches/Module B I am going to do last as I can get good marks in the other two but this one is hope for the best!

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Speeches/Module B I am going to do last as I can get good marks in the other two but this one is hope for the best!
I feel like if they specify and you know the speech well, then you can take advantage of the fact that a majority of the state wouldn't have bothered to actually memories quotes and their analysis for that speech

But like matchalolz said in the other thread even if they don't specify the speech, the question will still favour some speeches over others especially if they ask you to make reference to a theme. <-- They will apparently be doing this for Auden (Module C) as well

astroman

HSC
I feel like if they specify and you know the speech well, then you can take advantage of the fact that a majority of the state wouldn't have bothered to actually memories quotes and their analysis for that speech

But like matchalolz said in the other thread even if they don't specify the speech, the question will still favour some speeches over others especially if they ask you to make reference to a theme. <-- They will apparently be doing this for Auden (Module C) as well
They don't specify for auden doe.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
They don't specify for auden doe.
Yeah I know, but that only applies for the first year - My head teacher says he's more likely to win the lottery

By the time it reaches the year before the prescribed texts are changed they are planning on specifying so gg no re to the future HSC students

astroman

HSC
Yeah I know, but that only applies for the first year - My head teacher says he's more likely to win the lottery

By the time it reaches the year before the prescribed texts are changed they are planning on specifying so gg no re to the future HSC students
So we're not gonna get specified 100% sure?

Chris_S

HSC
Its our luck they will! I think that would be a good thing but if Atwood's or Sadat's than I am in trouble

Flop21

HSC
2 related texts for module C?!?!?!?
Hahahahahah. Yeah I know I was confused when I heard that as well. They can ask for 2 related texts in Mod C.

I actually haven't got anything properly prepared right now. I might just use the related from my discovery essay tho, so no need to memorise anything more.

Chris_S

HSC
Yeah I might use Othello as a second related for wag the dog considering I did it in year 11

Flop21

HSC
I dunno, I kind of don't feel super confident with any. Might just do the test in order.

Regarding plans, do we write them on the marking booklet? Or should we not let markers see the plan at all and ask for a spare booklet to write it in?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I dunno, I kind of don't feel super confident with any. Might just do the test in order.

Regarding plans, do we write them on the marking booklet? Or should we not let markers see the plan at all and ask for a spare booklet to write it in?
Depends on what you're putting in your plan

I know for business studies that if you write down the relevant syllabus dot points in the essay question (as your plan) and you don't finish, the marker appreciate that you knew where you were heading and they tend to offer a mark for that

I doubt it works like that for english though - Use the one book and just write in huge letters PLAN at the top of the page and then write your essay on the following pages but make it noticeable that you've transitioned from your plan to the actual essay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)