Year 8-11 Selective Result Discussion (1 Viewer)

HSC
honestly, i dont think report cards are actually an issue. i got into a top 10 selective school a couple of years ago after being on a scholarship at a private school, and my report cards werent good at all (mix of a's and b's, and a couple of c's) and my behaviour grade thing was TERRIBLE. i got the highest mark possible for writing in the exam, and did good in the other sections, and got offered spots at all the schools on my preferences.
damn wtffff lucky

Sir Jigger II

HSC
I had a decent report (a's and b's and 1 c) and I have lot of extra curriculars and awards, but I did absolutely garbage in the the test, therefore, I was unable to get in.

HSC
idk if i should try again for yr 10->11 bcus i already know my report for this semester is gonna b crap so if they look at it that closely then why try

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
idk if i should try again for yr 10->11 bcus i already know my report for this semester is gonna b crap so if they look at it that closely then why try
just apply. most of the top schools (baulko, nsg, hornsby, normanhurst ik for sure) dont look at them

HSC
did u guys get an email from Penrith around 2 days saying u were on a reserve list? me n some other people did, but my mum said reserve list people dont usually get in. No numbers rn, but i heard from someone else numbers will get released in a few days... what do we think.?

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
I emailed girra and they emailed me back.
"I have looked at the portfolio and HAST result as reviewed by our Selection Panel for entry into Year 10, 2024.

I presume the top 10% you mention in your email refers to HAST. Whilst this could be the top 10% of HAST applicants across all schools, it was not the top 10% for Girraween applications. Unfortunately, for Girraween applications it wasn't in the to 20% of our applicants. Some things to work on include: Year 8 Yearly Report contained a lot of Bs and the Behaviour Profile for your Year 9 report contains a number of "usually" and "sometimes".

Hence, I am in agreement with the Selection Panel's orginal decision .

Kind regards,

Mr. Leigh Crangle "

Man i cant work on my year 8 report the past is the past crangle💔 surprised they replied tho
😭 I had a 'rarely' on my behaviour profile, and I was still given entry in my school (multiple sections)😭

Last edited:

Sir Jigger II

HSC
I can confirm in a way that Bensley is a newly established fully selective school. There are still developing their letters and logos and mottos so if any of yous get a letter it most likely it will look slightly different

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)