Year 8-11 Selective Result Discussion (1 Viewer)

Sir Jigger II

HSC
Are there any other methods to make it into a selective school. I have heard students saying they got into Hurlstone AHS and other selective schools using a 'portfolio' method and not HAST method.

fart

HSC
N/A
Are there any other methods to make it into a selective school. I have heard students saying they got into Hurlstone AHS and other selective schools using a 'portfolio' method and not HAST method.
personally i've never heard that b4.
hahs u need hast to get in/ get interviewed, so maybe the students that you're referring to are using portfolio method during their interviews? not sure though

Paaandora

HSC
it depends on the school, some want hast, others edutest, and some dont need anything

Sir Jigger II

HSC
personally i've never heard that b4.
hahs u need hast to get in/ get interviewed, so maybe the students that you're referring to are using portfolio method during their interviews? not sure though
I've heard they didnt do traditional method and hast test.

Sir Jigger II

HSC
Use this to share the results you have gotten for HAST and EDUTEST exams if you want and the selective schools you have been accepted into after original selective placement exam.

Last edited:

Sir Jigger II

HSC
I am writing this before the HAST exam. I am applying into year 11 at Fort Street with second choice at Tech and third choice at Girra. Hope that I make it in :)

allu234

HSC
i just finished hast test 10 mins ago lmao any thoughts on how y guys did? reading comp and maths and science killed me. hope my writing and abstract reasoning save me

vonnhagen

HSC
broo maths and science was actually hard like i started stressing midway through:( fr though im praying for us

Sir Jigger II

HSC
Fort for Year 11. Test was easier than last year, but i'd recommend anyone who does it to study for at least 2 month. I may be able to provide some HAST materials for future students. IMO reading was hardest and abstract was easiest. Math was very time consuming and the writing topic was good, but after some reflection, I would strongly advise people doing the test in the future to develop a poem based on famous sayings. The year 11 writing topic in 2023 was "We are never satisfied with what we have".

Last edited:

xiiaomeii

HSC
N/A
was everyone’s writing task the same? my writing prompt was “is gossiping harmless” or something like that

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Fort for Year 11. Test was easier than last year, but i'd recommend anyone who does it to study for at least 2 month. I may be able to provide some HAST materials for future students. IMO reading was hardest and abstract was easiest. Math was very time consuming and the writing topic was good, but after some reflection, I would strongly advise people doing the test in the future to develop a poem based on famous sayings. I will edit the message in the future to reveal the writing topic for year 11 HAST writing.
How do you think you went?

Sir Jigger II

HSC
I want all the year 10 students to understand that, the test is over and we face a new challenge. The challenge at the moment is to choose our subjects which will suit us best. We may get in or not, but it is best we prepare ourselves for the school we are currently in. Best of luck!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)