Year 12 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Has anyone had or having year 11 final assemblies yet? If so how did you all go, i had mine today and got a few awards. Most noticeably outstanding academic achievement, it was pretty funny when the assistant principal stuffed up his speech and announced the year 11 UWS scholarship as "UNSW" :L
6 1st's
3 2nd's
Victor Chang science award
UNSW ICAS maths medal
Commonwealth Parliamentary Distinguished Achievement Award

And would have had the UWS scholarship if I hadn't said I didn't want to go to UWS so give it to some one else lol.

norwegianwood

HSC
Has anyone heard anything about the $500 "HSC grant" that comes with the UWS scholarship? Is it just a cheque? Are we required to spend it on school-related things? When will we receive it? Has anyone received it already?

Focus is Key

HSC
6 1st's
3 2nd's
UNSW ICAS maths medal

And would have had the UWS scholarship if I hadn't said I didn't want to go to UWS so give it to some one else lol.
Great work :D You did 9 subjects??!? Did you do Maths Ext 2 by acceleration?

Focus is Key

HSC
What a beast, any subject you didn't come first in :L I came 1st in 3 subjects, however aiming for 4 for the hsc with the motivation from your awesome results. We don't get any cash prices, just an award for 1st place and a gold medallion as well for Outstanding Academic Achievement.
Nice work :D I feed of all the other awesome results on this site like yours too :)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
6 1st's
3 2nd's
UNSW ICAS maths medal

My friend accepted it, he was the 4th choose as apparently the other 3 people rejected it :L

Has anyone heard anything about the $500 "HSC grant" that comes with the UWS scholarship? Is it just a cheque? Are we required to spend it on school-related things? When will we receive it? Has anyone received it already?
Was going to mention this to realisenothing if you hadn't already. UWS gives you that grant to spend on anything, you get it either way if you don't end up going to UWS. So basically, if you wanted to you could accept the scholarship and cash the $500, and then not even go through with the scholarship in the end. UWS even mention it on the website that you get the $500 even if you don't do it.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: The p00n thread

My Cambridge textbook loves me :)

One day I'll make it my Cambride.
i c wut u did thar

---

Also with people having problems with the analogy, focusing on the 'game' part is wrong. What I was getting at was, I don't like putting myself out there, but when I do - I want to make it meaningful and proper. I don't want to "play every hand", i.e. ask out every girl. I want to be selective, I want to make sure that if I do go out of my way to chat to a girl with a view of asking her out - that it's actually... meaningful, because I do like her - not because I'm playing a numbers game and a "i'm sure one will say yes, eventually" mentality (which analagously is, "i'll win a hand sometime")

i dunno

its late

i'm probably not thinking at 100% capacity

whorevath

HSC
N/A
'Rote learning is a cancer towards education. People who purely rote-learn give up their ability to think critically and question the information being handed to them. They accept the information without question and accept it to be true. This blind acceptance is the very basis of why propaganda works. The Australian government is trying to boost the Australian education standards to be one of the top in the world. In order to do this, will rote learning have to be partially wiped out from Australian curriculum,'

Discuss
Yes.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Guys, is 2-3 hrs a day study enough for these holidays? I know study shouldn't be based around hours but i just want to get a rough idea.

bleakarcher

HSC
Guys, is 2-3 hrs a day study enough for these holidays? I know study shouldn't be based around hours but i just want to get a rough idea.
By the end of the holidays, assuming you continue at this rate, this will collectively sum to a shit load of time. Personally, I find that should be more than enough.

HSC
i think our principles copied each others speeches.
She made reference to gangam style, do they have some ring of secrets that i have not heard of>

Focus is Key

HSC
i think our principles copied each others speeches.
She made reference to gangam style, do they have some ring of secrets that i have not heard of>
Haha probably :p We had a Gangam style flash mob at our school, although I didn't join cause I cannot dance! The principal's ring of secrets, has a nice ring lol

enak101

HSC
I have an english assignment and one part of it is a narrative. 4-8 A4 pages.

I keep rewriting intro over and over haha. It has to be about belonging and I was thinking of going with something about obtaining a supernatural power. What do you think?

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Just wants to no cuz my cousin sent me this book from the USA on their AP chem course, it seems pretty good but I only want to cover th relevant stuff. SBHS come da Fak at me, I am fkn prepared

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)