Year 11 2014 Chat :) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawrliongirl

HSC
If it's an improtu essay - like you're given the essay question on the day, then your teacher may be marking you a bit too harshly as the essay you churn out is equivalent (quality wise) to a first draft.
Vocab can make your argument convoluted so try and use words in contexts you have seen them in before. I personally don't have a huge vocabulary and it's never been an issue in my essays (it' hasn't been raised since year 9) I wouldn't worry too much about it UNLESS you're repeating verbs you've already used in say the last paragraph. E.g, ____insert Assertion___ "insert quote" demonstrates _insert effect_____" Don't use the demonstrate again, at least a paragraph later (if you can).
Oh yeah they give us the question on the day. I'm so scared about yearlies cos we have to write 2 essays and a creative and we don't know what any of the questions are D;
It was the head of English who marked it...she's an idiot and half the grade hates her. She's so rude.
I don't usually repeat the same verbs in the same paragraphs. Idk, I just always get told that my "language needs to be more sophisticated"

rawrliongirl

HSC
Tbh I don't even know why I went to open day today. I have my English exam on Monday and I'm freaking screwed.

rawrliongirl

HSC
don't worry, I went out for the whole day and I have three exams left next week ^_^
I have four exams next week and I'm not prepared for any of them D; I'm going out for fathers day tomorrow too and I can't get out of it :'( I GONNA DIE

matchalolz

HSC
I have four exams next week and I'm not prepared for any of them D; I'm going out for fathers day tomorrow too and I can't get out of it :'( I GONNA DIE
lol what subjects? are they content heavy?

for me:
exam #1: planning to bs my way through like last time
exam #2: I always wing exams for this subject and it always turns out fine
exam #3: I've been doing my hw throughout the year but have one topic i suck at, the only reason I'm slightly worried about this test is becoz I want to take 4U maths

all in all, I was actually going to be so prepared for my yearlies, but I got really sick for one week (otherwise I would've finished preparation ages ago and would be enjoying myself right now). I'm now back to square one (cramming last minute :spin:)

rawrliongirl

HSC
lol what subjects? are they content heavy?

for me:
exam #1: planning to bs my way through like last time
exam #2: I always wing exams for this subject and it always turns out fine
exam #3: I've been doing my hw throughout the year but have one topic i suck at, the only reason I'm slightly worried about this test is becoz I want to take 4U maths

all in all, I was actually going to be so prepared for my yearlies, but I got really sick for one week (otherwise I would've finished preparation ages ago and would be enjoying myself right now). I'm now back to square one (cramming last minute :spin:)
English, Maths, Modern history and multimedia. ! multimedia should be fairly easy, I'm scared about the others though.
Should I be worried, cos I'm stressing a lot.. or should I just chill and not Care?
Idk anymoreeeeee D;

matchalolz

HSC
English, Maths, Modern history and multimedia. ! multimedia should be fairly easy, I'm scared about the others though.
Should I be worried, cos I'm stressing a lot.. or should I just chill and not Care?
Idk anymoreeeeee D;
tbh i don't know if this works for everyone but for me a "chill" mindset is the best. Last week for english ext, I started studying ON the day of the exam and I walked in like "whee I don't give a fk" but ended up writing 5 whole pages which was much more compared to last time when I cared a bit. When I'm chill I find it way easier to recall quotes and bullshit eloquently

english and maths aren't too content heavy imo, modern might be a little content heavy but don't worry. Do your best to prepare but don't get stressed because it'll only make your situation even worse. Goodluck~

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone

What's happening around Sydney this holidays in the way of study workshops/ HSC prep/ tutoring specials?

Simran-

HSC
Hello everyone :)
Prelims stared today. Unfortunately had 2 exams today. Got maths tomorrow. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)