• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I think for Science subjects (other than Biology) and maths it is more important to understand the content and do questions rather than write notes.
I'd agree with you on the maths art and physics part in regards to science subjects because they're more formula based. I find that I need to write notes for chemistry though because it involves a lot more theory

turntaker

HSC
Like, straight up?

Because I feel more confident if I have prior knowledge.
Well beforehand I go through the booklets/notes from class and read it and highlight the important parts and try and actually understand everything. Then I would do the questions.
I guess writing notes can be helpful for some subjects but for maths/physics/english I don't see the point. I think its good to write important stuff in a document for light revision before exams. But then I could just go over the booklets.

Also try to explain the concepts to other people (eg. family members) if you can explain it clear enough that means you understand it.

turntaker

HSC
I wrote notes for 1 topic in chemistry and it took me a long time and it didn't help me at all. This time i'll focus more on doing questions.

matchalolz

HSC
how's the day been so far for everyone?
was supposed to finish my maths homework today but instead did some research for an assignment and then binged on anime >.>
wasted like 5 hours today but then again I haven't had a proper break for 5 months so I deserve it T.T

Simran-

HSC
was supposed to finish my maths homework today but instead did some research for an assignment and then binged on anime >.>
wasted like 5 hours today but then again I haven't had a proper break for 5 months so I deserve it T.T
That's ok, we all deserve a break! We can't just study non stop.
These hols have gone so quick! The nervousness of beginning the new term is starting to kick in now :p

matchalolz

HSC
That's ok, we all deserve a break! We can't just study non stop.
These hols have gone so quick! The nervousness of beginning the new term is starting to kick in now :p
so true... time flies! I don't actually get nervous for school or exams lol, just slightly annoyed that we have to study hard :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)