Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Yeah, the one my school gave me is Heinemann. It's pretty shit.
Yeah, I'd die if I had no teacher and only that to go on. My school gave me Pearson; it's even worse. My teacher thought it would be better due to the mixed ability level of our class, but it doesn't go into nearly enough detail to give you enough information to construct comprehensive answers.

Razbaz

HSC
Not everyone can do that. I can't, at least not at this stage of the year. The way textbooks explains things is so mediocre, I need a teacher to explain shit to me and draw graphs and along the way explain how things relate to each other. That's how I learn.
There's nothing wrong with vicarious learning.

deloving

HSC
God Maths is so boring I haven't even finished one exercise this year. ;>

ebbygoo

HSC
Tonight's aim was:
1. Finish religion assignment q3/4
2. Do one chapter maths summary book
3. Make basic essay structure, choose themes and find a couple quotes for upcoming English exam.

Successfully achieved:
Religion question
Basic essay structure (got to the question (its a prepared response) and was like how do themes come into this lol)
Damn you west tigers for a) making me procrastinate and b) making it so I will cop it at school tomorrow

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I got both books but I haven't done any exercises in them. Too lazy to do Legal, Maths I just refuse to do because I hate it.
My advice to you is that you shouldn't just give up on something because you dislike it. Try it and see if you can find something likeable about it.

deloving

HSC
My advice to you is that you shouldn't just give up on something because you dislike it. Try it and see if you can find something likeable about it.
Please, that's what I've been doing all year 9 and 10. Trying to like maths. I wouldn't give up just like that, but the truth is it's not gonna happen.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
I got both books but I haven't done any exercises in them. Too lazy to do Legal, Maths I just refuse to do because I hate it.
Same except for legal. I can't wait to drop it in year 12 so i dont bother doing any work in that class lol. I take both math and legal as a free period where i eat and do whatever i want. Math is alright. I kinda like it :s

Anyway, i have my first assessments tomorrow... Lol

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
What topics are you guys up to in School (year 11) especially for Business Studies, Economics and Chemistry?

Verify

HSC
Eshays full marks for my modern assessment :) But that was overshadowed by the English teacher telling me my first draft of my comparative study essay would've gotten me a D if it were my final copy.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Dont so chem or business but were almost on the third topic for eco.

Eshays full marks for my modern assessment :) But that was overshadowed by the English teacher telling me my first draft of my comparative study essay would've gotten me a D if it were my final copy.
Lol congrats.

2 people itt so far have gotten gr8 marks for modern. I wish i could have gr8 marks but my modern teacher hates me for some reason lol

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Verifyyyyyy! You ripped it to shreds :D. See I told you Mr D was epic haha. Does he still randomly tell people to
-stand up
-do push ups
If they offend him in class or something?

Verify

HSC
Dont so chem or business but were almost on the third topic for eco.

Lol congrats.

2 people itt so far have gotten gr8 marks for modern. I wish i could have gr8 marks but my modern teacher hates me for some reason lol
Thank you :) I'm just finally glad we're done with the boring topic - I believe we're doing Tsar's Russia next.

Verifyyyyyy! You ripped it to shreds :D. See I told you Mr D was epic haha. Does he still randomly tell people to
-stand up
-do push ups
If they offend him in class or something?
Thanks bro :) Hahaha gotta admit, I am starting to like him more as the term goes by lol . Nope, I've never heard him say that to anyone here, hahahah but he does tell people to stand up and then immediately tells them to sit back down when he's offended ~troll~

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Business studies apparently slighty ahead of the recommended time allocation for topic

Last edited:

deloving

HSC
Congrats man. ;)

matthewarmota

HSC
Chose legal, got rid of it next day. Worst/boring subject. Changing it to eco was the best thing evar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)