Year 10 Mathematics in Vietnam (1 Viewer)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
"I said all asian countries with viets being an example"
Yea so? My point still stands, you make wild assumptions without looking at any sources.
yes, primary education here is easy. I don't know what your story is and there's like 16 pages, I'm not sifting through that to find your life story lmao
I really don't think you are entitled to look down on Australian education esp maths, if you think it's such a joke, why do you spam bos with a ton of questions. You really should drop your elitist attitude btw

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
I was saying primary school maths is a joke. Not 3U. I said tutors say that 3U maths is a joke. I didn't consider 3U to be a joke. Even lots of students struggle with 3U (me being one of them)

Last edited:

Silky_Smooth

HSC
I was saying primary school maths is a joke. Not 3U. I said tutors say that 3U maths is a joke. I didn't consider 3U to be a joke. Even lots of students struggle with 3U (me being one of them)
I can't find any evidence of you suggesting this anywhere

enoilgam

HSC
Enoilgam, for your first paragraph, I think people (kids) need to start learning maths as early as 3 years old and as this progresses, they will have no further difficulty in the future
Why jump to such an extreme? I agree maths needs to be improved, but is such drastic action needed and what affect will it have?

Could not tell what analogue time was??? He's got serious issues (not even joking). I think those who weren't capable of general haven't learnt their basics properly (like I said originally) but seriously, if you're not capable of general maths, you've got serious issues. How can people even get 50% in a general maths test? I don't get this logic here?
I think this shows a lot of arrogance on your part judging people on a small aspect of their skillset. The student in question is currently a Fireman and he worked many years to reach that goal. Im sure when he is racing off to a house fire, the people inside will really care what he got in General Maths. My student may not have been the best at Maths, but he worked at it for many years, hence why he kept using me despite not needing it for his desired career.

On a personal level, Im extremely proud that someone I tutored became a firefighter.

Silky_Smooth

HSC
Enoilgam, for your first paragraph, I think people (kids) need to start learning maths as early as 3 years old and as this progresses, they will have no further difficulty in the future

Could not tell what analogue time was??? He's got serious issues (not even joking). I think those who weren't capable of general haven't learnt their basics properly (like I said originally) but seriously, if you're not capable of general maths, you've got serious issues. How can people even get 50% in a general maths test? I don't get this logic here?

The maths curriculum in Australia is really based on anything that'll be useful in society (i.e. trigonometry, logarithms, calculus, probability, rates and ratio, unitary method, consumer arithmetic,etc) and not so much on what's difficult (like how asian countries base it around that) as opposed to asian countries
Also wtf

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I can't find any evidence of you suggesting this anywhere
One person told me that Terry lee (senior hsc marker for 3U and 4U and current author of the advaned mathematics textbook, well famed for its difficulty) say that 3U is a joke. In a 6 hour lesson a day, 3 are dedicated to 3U and 3 are dedicated to 4U. In the 3U lesson no one listens (this came from a guy who graduated in 2009 iirc who told me this) cos 3U is "a joke" wheras in 4U everyone listens

Silky_Smooth

HSC
One person told me that Terry lee (senior hsc marker for 3U and 4U and current author of the advaned mathematics textbook, well famed for its difficulty) say that 3U is a joke. In a 6 hour lesson a day, 3 are dedicated to 3U and 3 are dedicated to 4U. In the 3U lesson no one listens (this came from a guy who graduated in 2009 iirc who told me this) cos 3U is "a joke" wheras in 4U everyone listens
So you're generalising this to all tutors, based off this one scenario?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Why jump to such an extreme? I agree maths needs to be improved, but is such drastic action needed and what affect will it have?

I think this shows a lot of arrogance on your part judging people on a small aspect of their skillset. The student in question is currently a Fireman and he worked many years to reach that goal. Im sure when he is racing off to a house fire, the people inside will really care what he got in General Maths. My student may not have been the best at Maths, but he worked at it for many years, hence why he kept using me despite not needing it for his desired career.

On a personal level, Im extremely proud that someone I tutored became a firefighter.
Well, general maths is designed so then students who struggle in maths do well, right? But if an easy course is designed where people are getting 50% then what is this? This can't be called general maths then, but like 1.5 unit maths lol

But if the student you tutored isn't doing well, then what's the point? Your job must be to help him as much as you can right? I mean if we wants to be a firefighter or whatever then yeah let him have the right to be what he wants but if he wants to get tutored by you then shouldn't he be improving (at least a little as it will take time)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
So you're generalising this to all tutors, based off this one scenario?
Like I said its people telling me, not me. Some dude who graduated from high school (like 6 years ago) considered 3U as a joke, he told me it was self learnable (doesn't work in my favour)

Silky_Smooth

HSC
Well, general maths is designed so then students who struggle in maths do well, right? But if an easy course is designed where people are getting 50% then what is this? This can't be called general maths then, but like 1.5 unit maths lol

But if the student you tutored isn't doing well, then what's the point? Your job must be to help him as much as you can right? I mean if we wants to be a firefighter or whatever then yeah let him have the right to be what he wants but if he wants to get tutored by you then shouldn't he be improving (at least a little as it will take time)
Dude, I seriously wouldn't be attacking him and his teaching methods, especially considering how much help you ask for...

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Dude, I seriously wouldn't be attacking him and his teaching methods, especially considering how much help you ask for...
I wasn't attacking him, I was like the student at least needs to show improvement (even if its as little as 10%) because not everyone in this world is a Mozart or an Albert Einsiten. I mean some of us don't have the natural abiltiy but hard work and commitment to learning compensates this and no matter how long it'll take, we'll be able to do well starting from the core basics. Some of us even have our own learning styles and we need to base out studying in that way or form which will suit us

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Like I said its people telling me, not me. Some dude who graduated from high school (like 6 years ago) considered 3U as a joke, he told me it was self learnable (doesn't work in my favour)
That's like a uni mathematics professor saying 4U maths is a joke. Of course people at the very top end of the scale will likely consider the 3U (or even 4U) course a joke.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
how does this relate to, aus having bad education in maths?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

You are hugely misinformed. What people get in a subject is not a 100% reflection of how hard the subject actually is... ALSO.
Difficulty is different depending on every person.

The fkn nerve of that statement. My god. Can you honestly say that you have improved a lot? lol.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
You are hugely misinformed. What people get in a subject is not a 100% reflection of how hard the subject actually is... ALSO.
Difficulty is different depending on every person.

The fkn nerve of that statement. My god. Can you honestly say that you have improved a lot? lol.
I mean at the end of the day it's up to their own hard work and dedication and that's what's gonna make them do well

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I mean at the end of the day it's up to their own hard work and dedication and that's what's gonna make them do well
You are confusing AF.

Is it down to hard work , or is it down to the difficulty or both?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)