Year 10 Mathematics in Vietnam (1 Viewer)

leehuan

HSC
If you look at the modules and how it's focused on arguments, isn't that real life...I mean it follows the structure of a letter and such but isn't 100% inclined to that
Arguments on stuff you don't care about >75% of the time.

(I say that because at least 25% of the time people will care. Cause they genuinely like the stuff)

leehuan

HSC
Well at least they're going to chuck away the AOS
Forgetting about dislike for English let me say this though.

Chucking out the AoS makes me so glad I finished my HSC already. I got so many more marks out of paper 1 than paper 2.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Arguments on stuff you don't care about >75% of the time.

(I say that because at least 25% of the time people will care. Cause they genuinely like the stuff)
Okay but how r we going to focus our english syllabus around everyday life?

leehuan

HSC
Okay but how r we going to focus our english syllabus around everyday life?
We aren't. That's why I don't like how it's compulsory.

I'm a fan of a new subject called "General studies". Which will have a bit of everything.

It will also never be implemented because nobody will teach it.

Anyway we digress too much.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Forgetting about dislike for English let me say this though.

Chucking out the AoS makes me so glad I finished my HSC already. I got so many more marks out of paper 1 than paper 2.
yeah I know man, the AOS is so fcked...I'm not even joking, especially creative writing and short answer response and it accounts for 40% of your total english HSC exam paper (iirc)

Thanks lord most of english is focused around essays

But if we make english more applicable to everyday life, then those international students would rekk us (like in every subject)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
We aren't. That's why I don't like how it's compulsory.

I'm a fan of a new subject called "General studies". Which will have a bit of everything.

It will also never be implemented because nobody will teach it.

Anyway we digress too much.
what? They had some old subject in the HSC (forgot what it was called) but go rid of it for some reason. Dunno why

leehuan

HSC
what? They had some old subject in the HSC (forgot what it was called) but go rid of it for some reason. Dunno why
Pre-2001 a ton of courses were essentially redundant. The remainder just got dumbed down.

But I don't know of a general studies subject before 2001

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Pre-2001 a ton of courses were essentially redundant. The remainder just got dumbed down.

But I don't know of a general studies subject before 2001
iirc they had 3U science now they r planning 3U physics and 3U chem

leehuan

HSC
iirc they had 3U science now they r planning 3U physics and 3U chem
Oh that they did. But for some reason I didn't really like that course when I looked at the past papers.

And yeah like IG said 4U science also existed.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
lol really? y did they get rid of it? Should make that (instead of senior science) and make physics and chemistry their own separate subjects
There are probably several factors that contributed to getting rid of it.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
There are probably several factors that contributed to getting rid of it.
Such as...Also if they got rid of 4U science then y would they introduce such things like 3U physics and 3U chem? I know they would introduce statistics as its an important topic and get rid of the AOS b/c of complaints but why introduce 3U phys+chem?

leehuan

HSC
Such as...Also if they got rid of 4U science then y would they introduce such things like 3U physics and 3U chem? I know they would introduce statistics as its an important topic and get rid of the AOS b/c of complaints but why introduce 3U phys+chem?
It was 16 years ago...as if we'd care

3U physics and 3U chem - I think Tom Alegounarias however you spell his name did talk about it in some article find it yourself if you're interested though.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Maybe they've realised their mistakes.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

leehuan

HSC
To apply students to the highest science level as possible, but if so why not keep 4U science rather than break it up into phys, chem, earth science, bio and senior science. Although phys and chem are the 2 hardest ones, I think it would've been great to keep 4U science as well as have phys, chem and bio as hey are the 3 mainstream sciences atm
Ask BOSTES not us why there's no 3U biology and etc.

(I hate earth science so I don't talk about it. Stuff is ridiculously boring to me.)

They also have to consider this question though - if they implement a new course, will there be enough staff to teach it?

So many science degrees make you major now and it becomes a bit harder to teach all of science post-Yr 10 level

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Ask BOSTES not us why there's no 3U biology and etc.

(I hate earth science so I don't talk about it. Stuff is ridiculously boring to me.)

They also have to consider this question though - if they implement a new course, will there be enough staff to teach it?

So many science degrees make you major now and it becomes a bit harder to teach all of science post-Yr 10 level
okay jeez calm down. I was just discussing

There could be but they need to be trained in order to fit into the new syllabus changes

Yeah true but just reduce it to like Physics, chem, bio and 4U science then its done and dusted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)