Xbox 360 Q&A with Stussy (1 Viewer)

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
is it true that the ps3 will have 7 core's, each operating at 3 ghz each ? i heard this from somewhere. thats pretty insane.

sony and microsoft would be loosing quite a bit on the consoles, but make a absolute shitload from games

stazi

Nightman
HSC
something like that was rumoured, but it'll likely be less cores as developers are struggling to even make use of two cores atm.

placebo101

HSC
the processor the ps3 will use is called a cell processor. it has a total of 9 cores.

-[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]custom general purpose PowerPC processor core
-
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]8 SPE's ("synergistic processing elements")

the last SPE is reserved for redundancy. so there are 8 core working. cell can be clocked at up to 5.2ghz, but the ps3 version will most likely be at 3.2ghz.

its made by sony, toshiba and ibm. and these arn't rumors.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

stazi

Nightman
HSC
many of the cores will be redundant, however. It should still be great though. I may get a PS3 around xmas time depending on the launch titles (and if it actually launches by then).

I also got amped 3 (finished it now and sold). The graphics are mid-xbox1-gen. Nothing impressive. however, the game is a lot of fun and the storyline and feel is hillarious! One of the funniest games that I've played. Big kudos for originality, but I still have to give it: 6/10.

Got nba 2k6 today. Yet to play it as the 360's at my dads atm

placebo101

HSC
by redundant i meant - to increase productivity yields.
say if u make a 9 core porcessor... theres a certain probability that a core will be faulty.
so if u make an extra core, u increase your yields. if all cores are working, a single core will just be dissabled.

anyway... i picked up my vip premier pack the other day. now it will be staring at me for a month until i get a console. the controller seems good. how long is the battery life stazi? on regular batteries like the ones it comes with?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
about 30 hours on the regular batteries it comes with, which is pretty decent. lasted about a week at 6 hours+ a day, so it may have been more. get a play & charge kit, though. I'm getting mine soon :)

placebo101

HSC
if i get a play and charge kit, aswell as a rechargeable battery pack. that will do it for two controller wont it? rather than to p&c kits

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that is correct. play and charge kit has a battery pack. so a second pack is needed but you can share the play & charge cable :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I want PGR3 so bad!!!! Loved PGR2... although it doesn't have Sydney this time so some of the charm may have worn off... but I love the way PGR3 drives. I think I'll wait until more games come out- I don't wanna be a 'first buyer' of a console again... stupid ps2 cost $749 and then it broke. grr..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
noooooooooooooooo I envy you so much...

*drools*

Btw if you had the 360 without Live, would you still like it so much? I really don't find online gaming that big a thing... and I'm also too lazy to try to set it all up since my w/l router is downstairs and my box is upstairs- oh did I mention that I'm also cheap? I prefer to pay the total cost upfront and never pay again, rather than being commited to paying a monthly fee.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Btw you plannin on getting test drive unlimited? I downloaded all the hi-def wmvs off the microsoft website and watched 'em on 19" lcd.. mann... so sweet looking. I wonder if the graphics are as good as they were in the WMVs of if that was just pre-rendered...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
seremify007 said:
noooooooooooooooo I envy you so much...

*drools*

Btw if you had the 360 without Live, would you still like it so much? I really don't find online gaming that big a thing... and I'm also too lazy to try to set it all up since my w/l router is downstairs and my box is upstairs- oh did I mention that I'm also cheap? I prefer to pay the total cost upfront and never pay again, rather than being commited to paying a monthly fee.
That's why you pay a yearly fee :D
It's still great without online gaming, but trust me. It's fifty times better with xbl. It's just amazing. I loved xbl on the original xbox, but on the 360 it doesn't even compare. Everything is online, from the dashboard to single player achievement. Get a wireless adapter for the 360 (best to import as they're expensive when they come out here)

I'll wait for test drive reviews. Very much considering it.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Arghhhhhhhhhhh you are so evil making me want this so bad >__> Can't you say something bad about it to help me justify why I don't want to empty my bank account just to play computer games?

On a sidenote, I am so cheap that I only "just" bought Forza and Halo2... but then I justified it by saying I had the HSC on, and now they're both about $35 and $42 each respectively (in case anyone's wondering; they're on sale at The Games Wizards).

(EDIT)
Btw stazi, does 360 play the original Xbox games too? My Xbox seems to have disc read errors alot nowadays and it's starting to piss me off... but then, how to transfer my save files without being forced to buy a memory unit >_>

Last edited:

placebo101

HSC
the 360 requires an emulator to play xbox1 games. each game has a different emulator, therefore to play a old xbox game, you need to download the games emulator through xbox live and using the hdd. therefore if you dont have live or a harddisk you're screwed.

also, not all games currently have emulators. mainly the big names like halo, forza etc will be backwards compatable. but MS has said that the emulating software will continually developed so most games are b/c.

i think this is how it works. maybe some of the popular games already have there emulation software installed on the hdd on purchase.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
But that still doesn't answer how to transfer save files... hey stazi, have you tried doing that whole playing Xbox1 games on the 360? I wonder if it's anything like PC emus where the game runs considerably crapper than the original... or, even when your PC is "da beast", the game just doesn't play right... *thinks back to SSB and PD on ultra64/project64 on a p4*

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you cant transfer save files from xbox 1 :(
i havent actually played xbox 1 games on my 360 but for a majority, apparently, they're better as they're shown in a higher resolution, better draw distance, etc.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Doesn't that require games to be specially developed or modified then?

... did you play any first gen Xbox titles like PGR? I remember when you did 4player the graphics quality went down so much.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
seremify007 said:
Doesn't that require games to be specially developed or modified then?
... did you play any first gen Xbox titles like PGR? I remember when you did 4player the graphics quality went down so much.
Not really, it just upscales the resolution artificially. Also, it emulates the xbox 1 software and with the more powerful hardware it can just increase quality and draw distances for some reason.

I played too many xbox 1 games, having had a modchip :p Didn't see much graphical problems with multiple players, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)