WW1 (Core) (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Post your opinions about the WW1 Core questions.

Were they what you expected?

Did you think they were easy or difficult?

matthewjones

i think it was a very easy source study. no complaints. and allowed for a broad range of responses.

the perspective/reliability question was also good. with the pick up on the english soldier drawing the picture and the german general complementing each other to increase the reliability and usefulness.

i am very happy

Skull Kid

Yep Good! :D I didn't really now what to expect since WW1 has a lot of factors that can be tested, but the questions were easy.

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
monotonous..

I dont know about others.. but our class didnt do WW1 in class, but covered the whole module through 2 assessment research assignments.. therefore, 2 x 20 page assignments = way too much info on a section which you can do in 50mins.. its frustrating..

but yeah, its all good.. nice and predictable.

hey, with that picture, i said it's reliability was doubted through the fact that no author was given, like was it by an english soldier, or by an artist who had been given a description of the truce? is this ok, do u reckon?

d3adgurL

i thought it was alrite.. better den what i expected but the reliability+ usefulness was abit hard... that visual source A(1) was hard to analyse:confused:

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I liked the contrast in medium between the two, A being published in a mass-circulation newspaper and D being a reminiscence... Which then allowed me to go on about how A shows no corpses, so it's 'glorified', to reflect censorship. Hopefully it was all good.

simmmo

yeah i mentioned since it was in a newspaper they may have spiced it up a bit to make it look better. btw...did stuff happen at night? coz that photo shows a night thing, yet the account tells of daytime. did anyone pick that up?

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
yeah.. pretty much a romanticised view of war ... oh we are so happy in this war we even have christmas together, its our big bad officers that stop us having fun...

propaganda.

saintly

I thought that they were such easy questions... The first 10 marks, you could've gotten someone who doesn't do Modern History, and I reckon that they'd still get 10 marks. I couldn't stop laughing when the German Lieutenant was saying how they were checking out the Scottish soldiers' arses. "We all whistled and roared when we saw their posteriors" - gold.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I thought it was fine, but at the same time I thought it was a bit stupid.... out of the whole war they picked the Christmas Truce to focus on? I ask you, did it really have any impact on the war, or history as a whole?? It just seemed like such a silly thing to focus it on!!!

But it was ok... no surprises really.

adamj

I think WWI section was great, I had no real problem with it, however I did find the "Using Sources..and your own knowledge" to be a bit expasnive, after we had to use at least three sources.

simmmo

yeah, but then each source only really mentioned one thing so you could sort of fit them all in...like talk about soldieers attitudes at christmas, then how it changed, and life in trenches, and life for people not in trenches, how the stalemate affected etc

monopoly19

HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
.... out of the whole war they picked the Christmas Truce to focus on? I ask you, did it really have any impact on the war, or history as a whole?? It just seemed like such a silly thing to focus it on!!!
But it wasn't just about the Xmas Truce - it was about the changing experiences of soldiers depending on time of war/side they fought on etc. I thought it was a good question - scope for all kinds of answers.

saintly

Originally posted by monopoly19
But it wasn't just about the Xmas Truce - it was about the changing experiences of soldiers depending on time of war/side they fought on etc. I thought it was a good question - scope for all kinds of answers.
Exactly - They wanted to contrast the excitedness of the soldiers at the beginning of the war (source A) with the war weariness and disillusionment of them at the end. That was the whole point. Changing experiences and attitudes.

apollo

The whole core study was pretty straight forward... Didn't choke on anything, finished with 10 minutes to spare...

:)

soxrow

HSC
I thought the core wasn't too bad. The cartoon was a bit difficult to analyse but I eventually got there. The questions were fairly easy and the sources were interesting which is always good, especially the German soldiers account. Hope everyone else thought so too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)