Would you force your children to do stuff? (1 Viewer)

Would you force your kids to do stuff?

• Total voters
HSC
again your argument isn't strong enough because you are simple stating your own opinion. YOU don't think its reasonable because YOU can't control your biological urge to have sex.

A person isn't forced to fallow a religion if that individual doesn't want to. After all its that individual's choice. Some individual's like myself believe that not having sexual relations before marriage makes you a better person.
Confirmed retard.

xMaNx

HSC
I learnt religion because my parents taught me when I was young, it's pretty much what they teach you thats what you stick with, if no one teaches you what religion is, then how will you find out.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Meh.

Do what you like with your privates, but don't think any decision you make about them makes you a better person.

steph xx

HSC
You got rewards?

Mum ruled with fear as her tool.
were you a particularly unruly or rebellious child?

sometimes i think my parents are a bit odd; growing up, i don't really remember being punished a lot. i mean, you hear horror stories of kids' being punished time after time growing up; gosh, some of my friends even tell those stories. i don't remember being "traumatised" as a kiddie. i do, however, remember being smacked four or five times over the course of about twelve years.

even now my parents let me do my own thing; they care about the HSC but realise i need to do my own thing, they would be completely fine if i told them i wanted to do something else and dropped out of school (not that i would), they don't infringe on my weekends or free time. i think the last time my mother didn't allow me to do go out/do something was when i was about thirteen.

however, that said i never ask for money, i clean the house weekly, never complain, don't give them any teenage angsty shit/be disrespectful and i've never gotten into major trouble with the school.

/end of my life story.. blah blah

xMaNx

HSC
Im going to slap them! hehe

Not really but still

HSC
I learnt religion because my parents taught me when I was young, it's pretty much what they teach you thats what you stick with, if no one teaches you what religion is, then how will you find out.
You can actually seek it out for yourself, if you want to.

Yo1anda

HSC
you don't need religion. I'm not opposed to parents teaching their kids in the sense of "Islam teaches this. Christianity teaches this. Buddhism teaches this. it is your choice which one you follow and I will not love you any less whatever choice you make". but saying "This is our religion and it is right and everything else is wrong and this is what you have to live with"- I am not okay with.

HSC
were you a particularly unruly or rebellious child?

sometimes i think my parents are a bit odd; growing up, i don't really remember being punished a lot. i mean, you hear horror stories of kids' being punished time after time growing up; gosh, some of my friends even tell those stories. i don't remember being "traumatised" as a kiddie. i do, however, remember being smacked four or five times over the course of about twelve years.

even now my parents let me do my own thing; they care about the HSC but realise i need to do my own thing, they would be completely fine if i told them i wanted to do something else and dropped out of school (not that i would), they don't infringe on my weekends or free time. i think the last time my mother didn't allow me to do go out/do something was when i was about thirteen.

however, that said i never ask for money, i clean the house weekly, never complain, don't give them any teenage angsty shit/be disrespectful and i've never gotten into major trouble with the school.

/end of my life story.. blah blah
I was a little crazy as a kid. But really, Mum is just an incredibly strong woman and had my three older siblings to practise.

I mean seriously, she always knew what was going on. I could never BS with her, ever.

xMaNx

HSC
You can actually seek it out for yourself, if you want to.
Yeh true, but you need some sense, like should be atleast 12 imo

you don't need religion. I'm not opposed to parents teaching their kids in the sense of "Islam teaches this. Christianity teaches this. Buddhism teaches this. it is your choice which one you follow and I will not love you any less whatever choice you make". but saying "This is our religion and it is right and everything else is wrong and this is what you have to live with"- I am not okay with.
hmm I see what you mean.

As for me, I accept all religions, none is wrong, they're all for one thing anyway through different mediums, again this was taught by my parents, to respect everyone and their religion.

anywho, doesnt matter, your choice as a parent.

Yo1anda

HSC
It is no imposed rule. religion as a whole is something a person accepts and places upon himself because that specific person believes that it makes him better. By the way after a person reaches a certain age where they are wise enough, they start choosing a religion for themselves eg. I know a friend who used to be catholic, then budist then he became an atheist. because he felt that religion is pretty much useless, just a punch of rules that a person imposes on himself for no obvious reason. However that is his opinion. I find that Islam makes me better, that those punch of rules that I "impose" on myself help be be a better person through out my day. However this is my opinion which is obviously different than yours. Just because you think something is ridicules it doesn't make it so.

On what grounds my friend?
they are also rules you plan to impose on children who may not agree with you, my friend.

Yo1anda

HSC
hey guys hes a boring, racist, zealot cunt

but atleast he waited till marriage so hes a top bloke

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
I'd force them to do "stuff"....like play the piano, play a sport....do something, I don't care what it is as long as they're doing something apart from sitting in front of the TV or computer.....which is what I did throughout a lot of my childhood, and damn it screwed me up lol.

Smokee

HSC
Yeah I'd make my kids do stuff at least until they are old enough to make more sensible decisions and stuff, but even then I'd strongly encourage and discourage certain things.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes. I would force them to be mature and courteous to others. Studying or doing chores, not so much. (None of those crazy chore wheels or anything)

xMaNx

HSC
"If you want to live in this house, you do what I say"

xMaNx

HSC
"I have not raised you just to hear you say no to me."

untouchablecuz

HSC
eh i'd prob put them in a soccer team from a young age

am i a bad person?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)