Would you force your children to do stuff? (1 Viewer)

Would you force your kids to do stuff?

• Total voters

Yo1anda

HSC
i would force my kids to atleast do something

whether it be dancing/acting/sport/chess club w/e

they have to have a hobby/talent

other than that
all gooood

HSC
N/A
Such as Study, Eat, No Msn, etc... would you force your kids and make them do stuff?
of course

i'm asian

it is expected of me as a parent
what will them other asian parents think of me if I don't control every aspect of my child's life????

MysteryGenius

HSC
depends on their age and how extreme whatever aspect of their behaviour is or whatever.
but i'd rather not force them to do anything i don't believe is absolutely necessary

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
I wouldn't care too much, as long as they don't do anything illegal (maybe i will let them off the hook if is something like weed, but if they do something like stealing, i would force my kid to apologize to the owner or whatever and work off the debt that he caused)

Also i would hide my son (or maybe send him overseas for a while to live with my cousins, till the heat is off) if he get a girl pregnant, and if the girl parents show up at my door, i would say he fled to thailand or something like that

If i had a son, i would go hunting with him once he old enough once in a while..... teach him about guns

To be honest there, i wouldn't like to have a daughter

kevintang

HSC
yeah.
early age: swimming & some form of self defense (karate,taekwon do etc.)
around 10: encourage him to play a sport of their interest 1- 3x a week
14+: they now have their own choice whether to stop or continue playing sports

won't buy them a computer until they are in yr 9, if they need to use the internet i'll drop them off at the local library and come back at a designated time - that should teach them time management

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Imo, depends. If they're behaving badly then I would tell it/them to stop or otherwise they can do whatever makes them happy :D

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Nah I'd rather let them learn from their mistakes and then be like "see I told you, I'm always right biatch"

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
if you dont force them to do anything they'll end up at UWS

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Imo, depends. If they're behaving badly then I would tell it/them to stop or otherwise they can do whatever makes them happy :D
Doing what makes them happy when younger is not necessarily (and often contrary to) what will lead to making them happy as adults

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Doing what makes them happy when younger is not necessarily (and often contrary to) what will lead to making them happy as adults
obviously? my interest changed like most other people when growing up

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i said lead to making them happy as adults

doing my maths homework after school certainly didn't make me happy at the time but I'd be a lot less happy today if I had instead done what made me happy at the time

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC

doing my maths homework after school certainly didn't make me happy at the time but I'd be a lot less happy today if I had instead done what made me happy at the time
Italic your words if you want me to read it properly

I get what you're saying though

dirty_ink

HSC
Yes, I would. Parenting is after all a foundation of sorts - raise your kids right and hope for the best. It's not like I'm going to be able to guide them along their whole life, so I may as well do it properly and enforce certain ideas from a young age. However, when it comes to aspects such as the development of a sense of personal identity or morality, it's all them.

Also: "Look, you can be whatever you want, but at least have higher aspirations than a garbage collector." Money isn't everything, kids.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
if you dont force them to do anything they'll end up at UWS
So? Their life, not mine :haha:

Tbh I'd encourage them to do stuff, but in the end I just do want them to be happy.

Yeah I mean if I hadn't learnt my timetables when I was 8 I would have gg'd with all the rest of the stupid kids still trying to learn them in yr 6

I mean I'd give them rewards if they tried tho

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
letting kids just do what they want is not how you make them happy long-term

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
letting kids just do what they want is not how you make them happy long-term
I won't be buying them anything unless they needed to survive, if anything else, they can work and earn it themselves. Letting them be happy does not mean spoiling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)