• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Would YOU drive this ? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
its a mitsubishi so err make sure the milage is not near 100 000ks or 200 000ks they try to sell it of at 98500 or 99000ks to avoid having to do expensive timing belt changes. Mitsubishi's are notorious for complications after timing belt changes. Expect loud noises right after till it warms up due the belts (no idea why).

Also expect it to start buring oil at around 160 000ks blue smoke is the sign to look out for.

gl

ps buy a toyota, honda, nissan or mazda

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
In all fairness something weird happened a couple days ago and alot of newer threads and posts disappeared and the old ones got pushed up *shrugs*

Anyway it's funny looking back at how things (and myself) have changed since 2007 when this thread was posted. I did end up putting the full Mugen kit on my (then-new) Civic FD. Looked awesome.

jacky_one

HSC
yea its k, but much more wif the budget u got. my m8 has an old swift gti for sale, it goes hard, once it gets past 5k its lik vtec. he wants bout 3k for it

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
its a mitsubishi so err make sure the milage is not near 100 000ks or 200 000ks they try to sell it of at 98500 or 99000ks to avoid having to do expensive timing belt changes. Mitsubishi's are notorious for complications after timing belt changes. Expect loud noises right after till it warms up due the belts (no idea why).

Also expect it to start buring oil at around 160 000ks blue smoke is the sign to look out for.

gl

ps buy a toyota, honda, nissan or mazda
That's because of the head-gaskets on them being shitty.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
you could drive any car you like but,

would you be able to do basic maintenance without a mechanic such as jump starting your car, checking tyre pressure and replacing tyres or replace easy to reach components.

"oh shit my new lexus cant move i filled it up with petrol and then battery light on dashboard blinks what do i do?"

HSC
i got a volvo . fuck yeah . 500 bucks and still going after 3 years .
its the beast from da middle east . except it doesnt have towel heads hanging out the window with guns when i drive down the streeet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)