• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Working in a group or alone??????????? (1 Viewer)

School addict

HSC
For a fermentation of glucose experiment, I have to answer the Q :
is it better to perform this investigation alone or as part of a pair / group?

kbsb

HSC
There are advantages and disadvatages to working in a group/alone for pretty much every prac...general ones include:

GROUP (basically reverse for individual)
  • advantages: multiple perspectives, minimse reading/parallax errors etc.
  • disadvantages: if theres too many people, honestly you wouldnt really learn anything. IMO itsd be too distracting...

Lachycharts

Don't afraid of anything!
HSC
Also, if there are some nice (!) idiots in your class - you may get paired with them if you don't have a choice. It is SO much easier to know what you are doing in the experiment in regards to the method because you are the only one doing it and you can't get lost with what someone else is doing. As kbsb said, there are multiple perspectives but I think that doing it by yourself is much more efficient and if you are cluely enough, you will be better off alone.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
I always prefer to work in a group of 2-3 when doing pracs. We've got a better chance of spotting each other's stupid mistakes that way :p

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I always prefer to work in a group of 2-3 when doing pracs. We've got a better chance of spotting each other's stupid mistakes that way :p
What? When my friends saw my mistakes, they just kept quiet and let me keep going until something blew up. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)