Will they screw us over for Paper 2? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I don't see whats so bad about a speech.

*Address the audience* then stick in essay *here*

For trials that got me a hefty 19/20 :D

elliotkool

HSC
... so whats a list of text types we could be asked? I've always been wanting to look for one, but never been able to find it... Letters? How would you write an essay based letter?

Our teacher basically just said: essay, speech, interview, journal (wdf? essay based journal?), feature article...

I'm fine with almost anything for module A, and hopefully should be alright with a essay/speech in module C (but I'd fail with an interview), but anything but an essay/feature article for module B and I'd be screwed.
for our trials we got asked to write reflection statement for module B..not just one but three/four =[

do you guys know much about transcripts? i would have no idea what to write in that..i dont much about the format or anything..anyone want to shed some advice?

horsenesness

HSC
oh dear god i really hope they are essays!!! maybe it would be a good idea to study the other textual forms...hrmmm how are you supposed to write a letter on Slessor's poetry??!?

Advanced English 2009 Bega High School

messagebrd

HSC
2002 Advanced English

Question 7 — Nonfiction – Speeches (20 marks)

"Two people who value your prescribed text in different ways and for different reasons arehaving a conversation.
Compose their conversation which should include consideration of the structure, language andideas of the text.
In your answer, you must refer to Abraham Lincoln’s, Government of the people, by the people,for the people, 1863 and at least ONE other speech."

And from what i can see they haven't provided a transcript of the speech

badalice-tag

HSC
In all the past papers they have never had more than one different sort of text type. So it's always been two essays and a ..... (speech, report, interview etc) or three straight essays. And also im pretty sure that the 3rd module representation and texts will say AT LEAST one related material.. because there was all this mishap with the rubric and some schools did a conflicting perspective within one text while schools like ours chose a personality or event and two different perspectives from different texts.

noturningback

HSC
Just to get things straight, this is going to seem like a very very stupid question

For module B - Hamlet
Could they ask us to refer to a specific reading of the play?

I.e. "With reference to Super Mario's article "Hamlet and the mushroom kingdom" how has your understanding of the play's themes and values been shaped?"

youngminii

Banned
HSC
ahahahaha super mario's hamlet and the mushroom kingdom
ahahhahahhaha

I hope to god they ask weird stuff
Like letters, speeches, discussions, transcripts, diary entries and whatever
I'm really unprepared so it'll mess all the people that have memorised
Yayers

gammah

HSC
lol 'screwed over'. just read the freaking questions properly and stop blaming it on what youre used to doing.

HSC
Our teacher made us write down all these questions for Harwood in case we were asked for an interview. I reeeeally don't want an interview, i wouldnt know what to do!

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Speech is okay, letter...slightly harder. If they ask anything, it will just reflect their stupidity.

Ostentatious

jfK1c45g2f4Of56Eyd4f57cxZ
HSC
lol can't imagine specifying for mod b for EBB.

"With reference to Sonnet XXII,..."

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Speech would be okay. It's just an essay with a couple of references to your audience chucked in and slightly less formal language depending on the demographic you're speaking to.

This conversation shenanigans is slightly weirder but I guess it'd be very similar to an interview only with both sides asking the questions. But then that's not very helpful because I hate interviews :(:(.

*crosses fingers for two essays and a speech*

untouchablecuz

HSC
i will kiss BoS if mod B is a conversation; im planning to wing this module and a convo would be soooooooo easy

edit: lol "planning to wing"

max burgo

HSC
it has to be a generic question for all the different areas of studying dosen't it?

tazza09

HSC
There are no related texts for Mod A is there? I thought it was just comparative study so other than your 2 texts there are no other texts to study?

I would really like a discussion of only one related text though in Mod C :)

id like to find one related text for module C :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)