Why are jobs so hard to find? (1 Viewer)

fliick

HSC
N/A
Lol I've had three jobs in the last month.
Lie in your resume about experience/past jobs. That's pretty much all I can think of that gives you an edge over the other newies. And get a person you know to act as a reference in the made up job?

HSC
but there is only really limited hours like 4.00-7.30 ?
and why would you want to get better at a HSC subject (excluding maths) unless pursuing a carrer in teaching. where as a pool lifegaurd you experience enchanced people skills as you have to deal with a variety of employees and also different circumstances which arise from the general public which are fundamental to most jobs .

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Lol I've had three jobs in the last month.
Lie in your resume about experience/past jobs. That's pretty much all I can think of that gives you an edge over the other newies. And get a person you know to act as a reference in the made up job?
3 jobs in one month? wtf happened?

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
suck shit guys i got a job and a nice $1061.23 in my bank last night .
ha ha haha ha . and one more thing im a pool lifeguard and massive blugde . . 23.56/hr week days
29.85 sat
anddd 35.55 on sun.
hahahaha.... shut up I teach Clarinet, Saxophone and guitar at $50 an hour...

I work 12 hours a week and get $600 and then get money for playing studio or live sessions... so anywhere between $600 and $1400 a week (and I don't pay for Rent or food either :D)

I'm pretty sure I win at the whole bludgy job thing, seeing as my job is also my hobby and my Uni degree.

But in terms of getting a job, just be less shit...

No seriously. Work on interview skills. Learn how to appear employable. Appear intelligent, organised etc. With your resume keep it short sweet, and don't crap on... they don't give a shit about every inner working of your life. They wanna know if you're going to be a solid worker who gets the job done quickly and efficiently.

job search websites and organistions if you're desperate...

Kiim2507

HSC
Make youself presentable at interviews. Before you go look at how the workers dress and copy that eg clean shaven, hair tied up, no jewelry or whatever.

Work on your interview skills...practise with a friend, parent or sibling

Apply EVERYWHERE even if the job looks shit. Just put up with it for 6-12 months while you look for something else. Who knows it might be better then you think or may lead to a better opportunity. I started working at KFC the beginning of this year with the intention of leaving in 6-12 months and within 6 months I was fully crosstrained throughout the store and now I'm training to be a manager. Plus I really like my job (most of the time).

Ask around to parents/parents friends if they have any casual work you can do (eg filing, random office work)...something to put on your resume at least.

DO SOME CHARITY WORK. Although you don't get paid it looks awesome of your resume and at least it gives you something to do. Also if you work somewhere like Vinnies it gives you retail experience. They'll accept you straight away because they're always looking for people. I did a bit of charity work at the beginning of the year and it was really fun plus superbly bludgy and they kept giving me free food and drink lol.

And stop whinging. So many people are looking for jobs atm and theres just not that much out there. Keep trying and you'll get something eventually.

HSC
KFC is shit. Fast food restaurants are shit.

Stay away unless you want to be miserable.

aussie-boy

HSC
Look on seek every day - most ads get 1000s of applications but if you have a good application in the first 100 you are much more likely to get hired.

Also, most work is not advertised... and in many businesses, extra work is given to existing employees. E.g. I started as a runner in a restaurant and am now doing quite a bit of admin stuff as well. You have to start at the bottom and any good manager knows when they see potential

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Look on seek every day - most ads get 1000s of applications but if you have a good application in the first 100 you are much more likely to get hired.
Your chances are still shit when it comes to Seek. It's almost like the lottery.

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
If you are applying for kiddy jobs, no point applying at seek. Companies only post big - long term jobs because it cost lots of money and time to post it. That is also the reason why most job is not advertised.

HSC
N/A
If you are applying for kiddy jobs, no point applying at seek. Companies only post big - long term jobs because it cost lots of money and time to post it. That is also the reason why most job is not advertised.
oooh you make a good point. Your mum wasnt posted on seek but she was posted in the paper. I c I c

aussie-boy

HSC
Um.. no

You just search for part time and casual/vacation in inner city - there are plenty of casual retail/hospitality/telemarketing/PR/admin roles to apply for

I got my job from seek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)