Who's looking forward to math? :) (1 Viewer)

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
PUMPED AS FUAAAAAAARRRRRKKKK.

3/4u are the only exams I enjoy - gunning for 100 in both.

_pikachu

HSC
I'm going to take an extra one or 2 off year 8/9/10/11 kids just to be safe (my calculator has been running since year 7.. battery might die anytime)
good idea
il just ask my math teacher for it

Keelan134

HSC
My biggest problem in 2 unit is my fkn silly mistakes.

my exam plan will be do everything REALLLLLLLLLLLY slow so I have 30 mins after i finish all questions and then revise once
(unless there is some challenging question/ year 11 crap that I didn't bother to learn)

I'm going over prelim stuff now, always lose a few marks with those.
DUUUDE I make the silliest mistakes. Its usually like this scribbling a number say 2 down so quickly I think it was a three when I plugged it into my calculator ... or foretting to write + C in my integration -_-
Yeah I did CSSA and I went slowly to not make any mistakes and had 45-30 mins left I think. Should be right.

I've just done a ton of past papers and picked out what ever came up and made a note to study it. Trouble is too I was in 3U during prelim so i dont know what stuff carried over, such as critical values?

I have an arsenal of 4 calculators, as my favourite 'Bertha' I've had since year 7. Also thinking of a programmable watch for back up...

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
DUUUDE I make the silliest mistakes. Its usually like this scribbling a number say 2 down so quickly I think it was a three when I plugged it into my calculator ... or foretting to write + C in my integration -_-
Yeah I did CSSA and I went slowly to not make any mistakes and had 45-30 mins left I think. Should be right.

I've just done a ton of past papers and picked out what ever came up and made a note to study it. Trouble is too I was in 3U during prelim so i dont know what stuff carried over, such as critical values?

I have an arsenal of 4 calculators, as my favourite 'Bertha' I've had since year 7. Also thinking of a programmable watch for back up...
Hahahah, btw i don't think programmable watches are allowed in the exam room?

RishBonjour

HSC

I don't think we are allowed programable watch?
I just took a stop watch from my science department at school lol. Best thing to take into exams, particularly for 3u, where time is a problem for stupid kids like me.
I just hope MC will be nice + the whole exam is on calculus/trig and no graphs LOOOL. heaven.
ohh and fkk no probability. what did you get in CSSA paper?

Keelan134

HSC
I don't think we are allowed programable watch?
I just took a stop watch from my science department at school lol. Best thing to take into exams, particularly for 3u, where time is a problem for stupid kids like me.
I just hope MC will be nice + the whole exam is on calculus/trig and no graphs LOOOL. heaven.
ohh and fkk no probability. what did you get in CSSA paper?
From memory in the School Certificate Im sure there was one exam that they said it was alright to have a programmable watch, I was very fond of the facebook pages back in the day, but yeah I'm not relying on the watch haha.

CSSA paper I got 82, most of those were my silly mistakes, especially in probability and I left most of that water tank in the roof question. (Who puts a water tank in a roof...hahaha) Probability isn't too bad, but if you miss the tiniest detail your effed. Only got 6/10 in multiple choice too I think.

AlSO a note to everyone. Prep annuities/loan repayment questions in which they compound monthly but installments or contributions are done over a different time such as annually.

ALSO, you know how you can solve recurring decimals as fractions using Geometric Progressions? Do they expect us to use that method in our working, or can I use my x,10x,100x method?

Keelan134

HSC
Anybody else hate they had to take their watches off? Well not so much the majority of you but my watch is on my writing hand and my wrist felt so weird without a watch on it while I was writing

RishBonjour

HSC
From memory in the School Certificate Im sure there was one exam that they said it was alright to have a programmable watch, I was very fond of the facebook pages back in the day, but yeah I'm not relying on the watch haha.

CSSA paper I got 82, most of those were my silly mistakes, especially in probability and I left most of that water tank in the roof question. (Who puts a water tank in a roof...hahaha) Probability isn't too bad, but if you miss the tiniest detail your effed. Only got 6/10 in multiple choice too I think.

AlSO a note to everyone. Prep annuities/loan repayment questions in which they compound monthly but installments or contributions are done over a different time such as annually.

ALSO, you know how you can solve recurring decimals as fractions using Geometric Progressions? Do they expect us to use that method in our working, or can I use my x,10x,100x method?

you can do it in any method unless they specify.
I haven't done 2u since the day before my trials (sort of neglect this subject) but I'm doing it today. And I'm getting confused with some Q10 series about years. or interest before or after etc. fixing that now. or it will rape me in the exam.

but over all.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY PUMPED. (ohhhh the horror when i see probability in last question)

medicore

HSC
Is there usually alot of prelim content in paper papers? I go through them and don't see that much.

Keelan134

HSC
Yeah not too much, they're usually the sly questions with 4 Roman numeral parts to them, and they're typically the first step. But even if you don't know them the second parts of those questions typically give you the answer and prep you enough for the remaining parts of the questions

mickk794

HSC
My teacher was saying that the main prelim content that we need to know are the formulas to calculate area and volume of the various shapes.
+ maths is my 12th unit subject so i haven't focussed on it at all and need to start studying tomorrow morning.

YoYoWayne

HSC
Uni Grad
When towards other exams I am a bit nervous... Towards MX2 & MX1 I'm excited !
Although I didn't get really well on the Baulkham Hills Trial last night :p

Keelan134

HSC
Do you reckon I should learn differentiation by first principles, The Sec, Csc and Cot Graphs ?

2xL

HSC
Yeah looking forward to it; should be a challenging and engaging exam.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Stay calm.

A common mistake is for people to stumble on a question, then their focus shifts to 'Crap I can't get this question. There goes my X goal', as opposed to actually focusing on the problem.

barbernator

HSC
Stay calm.

A common mistake is for people to stumble on a question, then their focus shifts to 'Crap I can't get this question. There goes my X goal', as opposed to actually focusing on the problem.
this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)