Who's looking forward to math? :) (1 Viewer)

Jashua_Long

Banned
HSC
N/A
Will be interesting to see how hard the board of studies makes the multiple choice questions. We have seen some trials have a go at making multiple choice questions. I personally think that some trials have set multiple choice questions that were too hard/long/complex to only be worth 1 mark. Now we get to see the difficulty that the board of studies expects.

Last edited:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Will be interesting to see how hard the board of studies makes the multiple choice questions. We have seen some trials have a go at making multiple choice questions. I personally think that some trials have set multiple choice questions that were too hard/long/complex to only be worth 1 mark. Now we get to see the difficulty that the board of studies expects.
+1

constance1994

HSC
2 Unit's my last, so pretty keen for it to be over. Just not keen on actually sitting the test D:

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
definitely what i am looking forward to... james ruse 2012 2u multiple choice were so simple... st george girls on the other hand were much harder. i'm expecting something that requires a bit of thinking but not something that would be found past a question 5 level?

prazo94

HSC
yeah pretty keen to do 2unit...except i can never get the last question! its so hard sometimes!

Zeroes

HSC
I'm feeling pretty indifferent towards it tbh. I'm extremely unmotivated for 4u D:

carpe_diem

HSC
looking forward to both 2u + 3u. except probability + perms and combs.
Perms and Combs are a pain. Never in real life am I going to work out the ways 8 people can sit around a table without 2 sitting next to each other. :p

2 Unit's my last, so pretty keen for it to be over. Just not keen on actually sitting the test D:
Your last exam? If so, wow, that's quick.

I'm not too worried about maths. Just taking it as it comes. :)

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
I bet it would be like the regular Q1 in past papers, perhaps a bit harder due to the decrease in marks from 80-->70 imo

kieranp1994

HSC
So pumped for maths 2unit, last year i was 33/80 and got 84. So doing it again this year im ranked 8th so im looking forward to it!

Got 76% for CSSA Ext1 test which is an E4 mark normally. But that is the test besides english i am not looking forward to

Keelan134

HSC
Yeah Maths 2U isn't too big a worry. Do you think the new structure of 10 multiple choices and 5 sections in 3 hours will even challenge for time at all? Also what Prelim stuff should I go over, I know the cos rule, trig relationships blah blah blah, anything you've come across in any past papers that you thought shit I gotta look over that again? My biggest problem is just memorizing the area equations for the silly shapes.

RishBonjour

HSC
Yeah Maths 2U isn't too big a worry. Do you think the new structure of 10 multiple choices and 5 sections in 3 hours will even challenge for time at all? Also what Prelim stuff should I go over, I know the cos rule, trig relationships blah blah blah, anything you've come across in any past papers that you thought shit I gotta look over that again? My biggest problem is just memorizing the area equations for the silly shapes.
My biggest problem in 2 unit is my fkn silly mistakes.

my exam plan will be do everything REALLLLLLLLLLLY slow so I have 30 mins after i finish all questions and then revise once
(unless there is some challenging question/ year 11 crap that I didn't bother to learn)

I'm going over prelim stuff now, always lose a few marks with those.

_pikachu

HSC
Time shouldnt be a worry, i finished my trials (cssa) in about two hours, then tried to remember my business note since that was right after maths.
And for prelim, you gotta remember EVERYTHING, they could ask any prelim stuff in the exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)